Signal Mountain Vs. Chattanooga Christian

PrivateI

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just assumed they were a private school since their coach is so actively recruiting players to go there. I thought public schools could not recruit players.

So what you're saying "brand new member" is that you want to get locked out right away from the site??? Read the message board rules. Follow them. As for your accusations I suggest you call the TSSAA and report the facts you know....if you know any. If you really do know this is going on you should report it. But don't be afraid to give your name and offer to testify. The TSSAA can usually do something when they have those kind of facts. However if you're afraid to give your name and afraid to testify you never should have said anything at all.

DL.

Signal Mountain has had great success with their JV schedule this year. They are averaging almost 50 points per game and only giving up about 8. I??™m sure this game will be about the same as the rest. Although CCS coaches were at SM??™s last home game scouting and I??™ve been told they are putting a lot of focus on this game (but that is just a rumor since I don??™t have first hand knowledge). Hopefully this will be a good game and not as lopsided as the other SM games.

SM has a very good young team. There are several players that came to SM from private schools, but they live on Signal. If you look at the current rosters for the private schools in the area for all sports you would find most still have Signal kids on them. This even goes for Red Bank. Heck the district champion volleyball team at Red Bank is loaded with Signal girls. These schools have enjoyed having Signal talent for a long time and hopefully most of that talent will be staying home. So, I??™m sure there are some people in the private schools that feel negatively toward SM and want to cast doubt about the program. But I didn??™t think it would come this quick.

What is really happening and why SM has had success in football. It??™s a simple answer, they hired a great coach. Plus everyone on the team has bought into his program. They are working their tails off to get better at every practice and it shows on game night. They also have the support of the community. Average attendance at home games was over 2,000 for JV games and normally there weren??™t many visitor fans in attendance. This is a formula for success.

I just assumed they were a private school since their coach is so actively recruiting players to go there. I thought public schools could not recruit players.

I have heard the same thing. But I don't know it to be a fact. And until it is a fact and until someone turns them in it is only a rumor. I have to agree with Del, if you know of something for a fact then call the TSSAA. I am sure the number can be found on their website www.tssaa.org

So what you're saying "brand new member" is that you want to get locked out right away from the site??? Read the message board rules. Follow them. As for your accusations I suggest you call the TSSAA and report the facts you know....if you know any. If you really do know this is going on you should report it. But don't be afraid to give your name and offer to testify. The TSSAA can usually do something when they have those kind of facts. However if you're afraid to give your name and afraid to testify you never should have said anything at all.

DL.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Wow...Del, kinda hard on this new member. It is pretty common knowlwdge that Signal has actively pulled players from all over Chatt and hiring coaches from other programs who also have contacts with players. It'll be watched more closely after this initial year.