Bartlett High School

lilcoach7

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is one way to look at it. The district should be 6A-Arlington, Bolton, Cordova and Millington and 5A-Craigmont & Raleigh-Egypt. Because of the new playoff setup (for every two teams in a league, one of them will automatically qualify for the playoffs), if I were calling the shots at Bartlett I would choose to play in 5A. You can probably beat Craigmont and Raleigh-Egypt (although Craigmont won this year) and you would make the playoffs every year. You are going to play the other schools in the league whether you are 6A or not so that is what I would choose to do.

Brighton is not going to be the only 6A team. Henry County will be in 6A in that league as well. Earlier projections before the enrollment numbers came out had Ridgeway as the only 5A team in District 15 (which is the Collierville,Germantown,Houston,etc... district).

You won't be the only 5A team as I stated above. It will be Bartlett, Craigmont and Raleigh-Egypt. If it is anything else, I would be shocked.

After looking at the new classifications, What is your opinion on Bartlett being the only County School in 5A? What will this do for them in football???

I would think that a more likely possibility would be for Bartlett to join a number of the teams that now make up Region 7. Look for Bartlett to join Hardin Co., Jackson Ns, Munford, Dyer Co., and Brighton in a new district.

Strong possibility.

I just can't see that happening. All of the talk about the new classifications was to cut down on travel. I can't see Bartlett being placed in a league with those teams and increasing their travel. If anybody would go, it would probably be Millington, Bolton or Arlington. But I don't see any of those teams going as well.

The TSSAA didn't have a problem with all of those teams (Brighton,Munford,etc...) in the same league for the past couple of years and I don't think they will be changing now. Dyer Co will be essentialy taking JCM's spot and the league will be the same.

with the additions of East and Mitchell too the 5A ranks in the city, there is no telling what the districts will be, the projections from the spring didn't include Henry County. And Ridgeway was the only 5A school in that district. The only thing I know is that the TSSAA will not send just one Shelby County School to the North by itself. If the send any they will send at least 2

with the additions of East and Mitchell too the 5A ranks in the city, there is no telling what the districts will be, the projections from the spring didn't include Henry County. And Ridgeway was the only 5A school in that district. The only thing I know is that the TSSAA will not send just one Shelby County School to the North by itself. If the send any they will send at least 2

Why not just switch Bartlett and Brighton?

in the outlying areas they will not jump schools to level regions like that. Munford and Millington are between the 2. Millington would go before Bartlett would, for that matter so would Bolton, but I don't look for any of them 2. But Brighton doesn't get an automatic bid. They have to be first or second in the combined District (13-AAA I think it is to get a bid.) I know for a fact that Ridgeway is considering going 6A because they think it would be easier to make the playoffs being top 3 in their district than being a top 5 at large school in 5A. The TSSAA needs to be very careful when it determines these districts, especially when it comes to putting 1 school into a district that is in a different class from all the others in that district meaning six 6A schools and one 5A school in the same district. This is something that could really impact solid programs in 1A - 3A - 5A if they get stuck as the only small school in a strong district. In AAA there could be up to a 1500 student difference in the top to the bottom school