How did is Dyer Co. this year?

bigwooten

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The showcase was pretty good. I talked to Andre Whitehad about Thomas Greer and he is really impressed with Greer. Saw Ray Parks Jr from Memphis (2011) and another one of the top 5 players from the class of 2012 in Cameron Golden..... both are BIG TIME talents. Chris Reaves was REALLY IMPRESSIVE. The only drawback on Reaves is that sometimes he is a bit streaky from the three point line. Reaves was dominate at times. Saw Kendra Johnson from Marshall County (I think) Keep an eye on this kid...He is going to be really good (2011 I think) remember that name he will be high major FOR SURE...make sure you find time to see this kid sometime over the next couple of years. All the Bolivar and Liberty kids were there and a few from Memphis. It was a pretty good event.

Hey, what team was the Golden kid on? I was there as well, yet, other than Reaves, did not know who anybody was.

Hey, what team was the Golden kid on? I was there as well, yet, other than Reaves, did not know who anybody was.

I believe he was on the Florida team but I'm not sure of the name because I couldn't keep up with all the teams. All the teams were named after a college. The Johnson Kid was on the team that Reaves was playing against in the first game in the main gym. Jay Murphy was on the same team.

I believe he was on the Florida team but I'm not sure of the name because I couldn't keep up with all the teams. All the teams were named after a college. The Johnson Kid was on the team that Reaves was playing against in the first game in the main gym. Jay Murphy was on the same team.

Johnson kid the one with the dreads?

Yes....I think he is a sophmore. He looked like a senior from the way he played. Kid is going to be something else by the time he is a senior.....What do you think?

Agreed. I only got to catch the 3rd game he played......most of the 3rd games were a waste of time. Snow-bird city.

I would have thought he was older than that. Who was the other big kid on his team?

Can he PLAY or can he just shoot? I know 2 people that have talked about him and they say he can shoot. CJ can PLAY. Can he guard people? Can he rebound? I am asking these questions in a serious manner no sarcasm here. If he can't guard then he won't play much college past NAIA. I know he is young but there are things you can see in a young kid that tells you if he can PLAY.

he can play! he needs to work and develop of course but barring serious unforseens he will probably be a D1 recruit. he will definately put in the man hours working and doing what it takes to get better at defense and general understanding of the game, ball handling and such but look for him to end up being about 6'6" or slightly taller... makes for a heck of a shooting guard!!!!

GC Coach Hopkins said he "could" be a good player in the right system.

Harshaw thanks you are the first guy to say he could develop and that he was willing to work at it.

Last year I was an assistant in 14A we went to Trenton and all I heard was about this one kid, when the game started he was just another player he shot 3 airballs and couldn't guard a dead man. It's my fault for buildning him up in my mind but so many people had been talking about him to me it was like he was gonna score 40 on us.

Just don't wanna see people build him up and then he doesn't live up to the expectations

Take Coach Harshaw's word as well.. He has seen him play several times as well... Glad someone is backing me up on this. I've also said in previous posts that IF John continues to work hard and stays away from injury that he'd be a D1 player.

I know this is Jr. High stats and you may care nothing about this BUTTTT..... John Hudson with the Jr. Pioneers (Spring Hill/Yorkville) averaged around 32 PPG last year as a 8th grader. He dropped 51 against Rutherford Jr. High. He totaled between 1500-1600 points in his Jr. High career. Take that as you would like but those are unheard of stats for a Jr. High kid. Don't forget, Jr. High's only play 24 minute games... You may care nothing about none of this but these are legit stats.

warmachine, the kid you probably heard about was Korensky Simpson from Trenton????

Take Coach Harshaw's word as well.. He has seen him play several times as well... Glad someone is backing me up on this. I've also said in previous posts that IF John continues to work hard and stays away from injury that he'd be a D1 player.

I know this is Jr. High stats and you may care nothing about this BUTTTT..... John Hudson with the Jr. Pioneers (Spring Hill/Yorkville) averaged around 32 PPG last year as a 8th grader. He dropped 51 against Rutherford Jr. High. He totaled between 1500-1600 points in his Jr. High career. Take that as you would like but those are unheard of stats for a Jr. High kid. Don't forget, Jr. High's only play 24 minute games... You may care nothing about none of this but these are legit stats.

warmachine, the kid you probably heard about was Korensky Simpson from Trenton????

They are unheard of stats,but those Jr high teams are not good at all.I would have like to see him put those numbers up against a UC,Humboldt,Northview,and a Lake Co Jr high teams.I watched some of those Jr high teams play this summer at Dyer,and some of those kids look like they havent played basketball a day in their lives.Now in High School,he will be guarded by faster players and he want be able to sit out there and just shoot wide open jumpers all game.We will see how he adjusts to that.

They are unheard of stats,but those Jr high teams are not good at all.I would have like to see him put those numbers up against a UC,Humboldt,Northview,and a Lake Co Jr high teams.I watched some of those Jr high teams play this summer at Dyer,and some of those kids look like they havent played basketball a day in their lives.Now in High School,he will be guarded by faster players and he want be able to sit out there and just shoot wide open jumpers all game.We will see how he adjusts to that.

I will say this, most of the teams they played were not good. The TNT thing is really just an invitational JOKE. The Dyersburgs, UC's, jackson middle schools, Haywoods and such are not a part of it. Hudson WOULD NOT have put up near those numbers in a serious conference but he is still a really good player with loads of potential.

warmachine. you talking about the tall white kid for trenton.... hunter whitby? yeah, if so then yeah, really overhyped. Couldnt guard and really only hit OPEN shots. never was a threat if you just didnt leave him wide open. John is 1000 times better than that.