THE EAST TN RIVALRY

ArtVandalay

WOW what a game. db is an outstanding team and i believe they are gonna go far in the playoffs. the toppers were outstanding on defense and the offense was great. alot of ifs and buts in this one. that one turnover and the last offensive play for the toppers. but all around it was a great game. db are a well coached team. crawford is amazing. it was just a great game overall man that is what friday night football is all about. good luck in the playoffs for both teams. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was glad to see how well we ran the ball to start the game,it surprized me.SH made adjustments however and our defense had to hang on and save the day.Outright conference champs and a number 1 seed,not a bad nights work,{now fotget about it and move on}.SH's coach was talking about another chance during the playoffs at DB.If that did happen,I hope they get the game plan we took to Campbell County.We can only bend our defense so far,and tonight they came up huge when it counted once again.I'm so thankful Steele made that play and saved our conservative back sides.Roll Tribe

Close game. It had all the fans unsure until the end. I feel like DB would benefit from passing a bit more on first down. I know DB really missed the go to guy in Ashlon Adams ( 6'5 receiver out with mono) in this game because he was always there across the middle and nearly impossible to cover most the time. Hopefully he will be back soon, he really gives us more options. Anyone know if he will be back? Steele was a star tonight. I thought Science Hill had a last second TD for sure, the ghuy was wide open and Steele came outta nowhere. Good luck against Farragut, they are tough as nails and are probably the best team in the state minus one breakdown against Ooltewah that I bet Farragut would win 9 outta 10 games played.

What a game! Again our defense saves the game for us.People if U don't know by now,Coach Watson and our Defense are the best.That play Steele made in the enzone was big time. I have to ask though,were did that game that we played against CC go? It was like a whole new scheme,passing and running.GC got out coached by Smith IMO.The Hill should have won that game.DB dodged a bullet last night.Hats off to Coach Smith on a well prepared game.Good luck in the playoffs.

Outstanding game. I was wrong about the Indians running all over the Toppers, happy to admit it.

That was a game!! Rivalry. The Toppers wanted that game so bad and the Indians were so fired up in pre-game. That emotion led the Indians to a 10-0 lead after 1 qtr. and they never scored again.

#3 DERRICK STEELE MADE THE PLAYS.

He recovered the fumble on the Toppers 1st possesion that led to the only Indians TD.

He blocked the extra point that took the field goal option out of the equation on the Toppers last drive, making them have to score a TD.

He had an INT. on one of the real questionable play calls of the night by the Toppers. Why go deep when the run option offense was so hard to defend?

He broke up the game winning TD catch in the back of the end-zone on 4th down on the Toppers last possesion. When the ball was thrown, Derrick was around the 5 yard line, he turned and ran, and got to the WR at the perfect time.

Great Game, the streak goes to 15

Good luck to the Toppers in Round 1

Roll Tribe Roll

What a game! Again our defense saves the game for us.People if U don't know by now,Coach Watson and our Defense are the best.That play Steele made in the enzone was big time. I have to ask though,were did that game that we played against CC go? It was like a whole new scheme,passing and running.GC got out coached by Smith IMO.The Hill should have won that game.DB dodged a bullet last night.Hats off to Coach Smith on a well prepared game.Good luck in the playoffs.

Good points. I was disappointed with Graham's scheme on offense. He helps the defense time and time again with calls that leave you scratching your head. It is almost like he starts thinking about it way too much instead of utilizing your strengths which are isolation plays to number 32. The option is a favor to teams with decent team speed on defense like Science Hill. The biggest difference I noticed with this year's DB Team is that they do not have the team speed the used to have. Again I emphasize team speed not individual speed. Honestly on offense the QB's wheels are the biggest speed threat I saw last night. Great game though. I hope both teams do well for the Tri Cities Region in the playoffs.

We do have a very good defense,but our offense can be very good as well.I just don't see us keeping the great Knoxville area team below 14 points.Last nights game plan after our run got stopped,will send us home. Now is the time to fix it.Roll Tribe!!

Good points. I was disappointed with Graham's scheme on offense. He helps the defense time and time again with calls that leave you scratching your head. It is almost like he starts thinking about it way too much instead of utilizing your strengths which are isolation plays to number 32. The option is a favor to teams with decent team speed on defense like Science Hill. The biggest difference I noticed with this year's DB Team is that they do not have the team speed the used to have. Again I emphasize team speed not individual speed. Honestly on offense the QB's wheels are the biggest speed threat I saw last night. Great game though. I hope both teams do well for the Tri Cities Region in the playoffs.

U R exactly rite, its called overcoaching. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I have to disagree with some of what you say here. Although GC did call a few plays we could disagree with, he didn't get outcoached. His offense scored 10 points and the greatest coach of all time that has writen five books only scored 6. GC hasn't even writen one book, not even half a book. Heck I don't know if he's even read a book. But lets look at this for what it is. Gilligan said when he first set foot in Johnson City that his main goal was to beat DB. Everybody needs to understand what he is there for. So far Gilligan is 0-2 against Clark. Science Hill had better athletes and more speed on the field last night and Clark still beat him. Same story last year. I think DB moved the ball well until they got into scoring position. Funny thing was Science Hill had the exact same problem. For whatever reason DB has a tough time playing well in Johnson City. I think it was the year DB met Riverdale in the simi-finals that they squeeked out a 14-7 win over a 5-5 Science Hill. Its usually a close hard fought game over there. Last nights game was a close hard fought game. Take a look at the stats. Derrick Steele was the difference maker. GC coaches him. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I have to disagree with some of what you say here. Although GC did call a few plays we could disagree with, he didn't get outcoached. His offense scored 10 points and the greatest coach of all time that has writen five books only scored 6. GC hasn't even writen one book, not even half a book. Heck I don't know if he's even read a book. But lets look at this for what it is. Gilligan said when he first set foot in Johnson City that his main goal was to beat DB. Everybody needs to understand what he is there for. So far Gilligan is 0-2 against Clark. Science Hill had better athletes and more speed on the field last night and Clark still beat him. Same story last year. I think DB moved the ball well until they got into scoring position. Funny thing was Science Hill had the exact same problem. For whatever reason DB has a tough time playing well in Johnson City. I think it was the year DB met Riverdale in the simi-finals that they squeeked out a 14-7 win over a 5-5 Science Hill. Its usually a close hard fought game over there. Last nights game was a close hard fought game. Take a look at the stats. Derrick Steele was the difference maker. GC coaches him. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

WaCo, you could certainly help me with this one: what year is Steele? I'd like to say a sophomore, but I'm not entirely sure. Regardless, he played like a seasoned veteran last night. Though we came out on the short end, it was a well played game, entertaining all the way to the end, and definitely worth the price of admission. I only had one problem though: you guys are trying to run out the clock, and we've got senior leaders jumping over the line trying to take Jamie out. Didn't agree with that AT ALL. Best of luck to the Indians in the playoffs, represent the Tri-Cities well. I'd like to see a playoff matchup between SH and DB at J.Fred, but with SH taking on a very talented Farragut team in the 1st round (at Farragut) that is very unlikely. See you guys in basketball season /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />