Camden at Waverly

papatiger

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there were several Camden fans standing, but I saw a lot of empty bleachers on Camden's side too!!!! I made the comment on the radio that I was surprised about empty seats being there. And it was a great crowd for Waverly tonight for a very competitive game, that no one can hold their head down about. Camden gave it their all as did Waverly and it showed. Camden is better but only slightly.

All I have to say is that papa has embarassed the Waverly fans long enough.He needs to go!My wife and I were sitting about the 35 yard line and I was listening to the radio while watching the game.When the game was over i heard papa say,"the final score Camden and the zebras 42 Waverly 28".Do you really think the "zebras"lost the game for Waverly?They did not commit the pass interference call in the end zone at the end of the first half,and it was interference an Waverly.That cost Waverly 7 points.The refs also were not responsible forthe 3 or 4 interceptions that Waverly threw.For once in your life just admit that the other team was better.As for the crowd support,Camdens sideline and bleachers were packed,so packed that we had Camden fans sitting on the Waverly side.It is pretty bad your the hometeam playing for a region championship and we cannot fill our bleachers.I was there,I saw for myself.When Waverly scored to make it 28-21 and on defense,some of the players parents,my wife and I included,and maybe,maybe 20% of the crowd was up cheering.We all should have been up going nuts!We were in the game,but the majority of our fans sat there like a knot on a log.We have got to get this changed.My son will be done after this year,but i will still come and cheer the team on.Its like "well,we are close,but its Camden,they will hold on."We seem to be happy with moral victories-they are useless.The coaches should be proud of the boys and themselves.They are battling opponents on and off the field.They are a great staff to fight this every week.GREAT JOB COACHES!Keep up the good work.

Another thing to show how many Camden fans there was there... Our band didn't have anywhere to sit when they came over before the game started. the bleachers designated for them was full along with the ones they ended up sitting at. They had to have some of our fans move from the bleachers so that they could sit down. I ended up going over to Waverly side with a bunch others because of the room restraints there was on our side. Seeing how the game was so important to both sides, I would figure Wavo would turn out a lot more people. I heard more cheering for Waverly's band than I did for the football team.

Another thing to show how many Camden fans there was there... Our band didn't have anywhere to sit when they came over before the game started. the bleachers designated for them was full along with the ones they ended up sitting at. They had to have some of our fans move from the bleachers so that they could sit down. I ended up going over to Waverly side with a bunch others because of the room restraints there was on our side. Seeing how the game was so important to both sides, I would figure Wavo would turn out a lot more people. I heard more cheering for Waverly's band than I did for the football team.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> well filling up our vistors bleachers is pretty easy to do lol we should probably invest in some more bleachers.

but about wavo's fans not turing out last night idk...waverly football has lot alot of its tradition plus last years results

didnt help the fan base either, however i do think a little tiger pride is coming back and as long as coach graves can

keep inspiring his players and the players keep their respect for him ,which they will, then that old waverly tiger pride

will come back just as strong as ever...keep up the good work coach GO TIGERS!!!

Gatorbait, you are one opinion. I've had a lot of people to stop me and tell me that they appreciate me taking up for the kids in the program while people like yourself only want to criticize. If that was a bad call on the onside kick, which looking at the film will tell, the zebras did cost Waverly the ball game. And there was no shortage of people in the press box that believed the same thing that I did. They said the same. Oh and the pass interference in the endzone. If you listened to the post game interview with Coach Graves, he said the same thing, it should not have been called. So I guess he is bad for Waverly? The officiating was terrible and I'm sure many more calls weren't made, ask anyone who has ever played and they will tell you that holding could be called on every play.

Now do I think Waverly is better than Camden. No. If you read my previous posts, I said Camden is and was the better team, but only slightly. Camden coaches last night after the game said that was the best they had been played all year besides Milan. Now, I don't get paid to do what I do. It is free. But I do it for the kids and it is also my job to be bias to the home team, no matter what you think. I've been told to be that way. Seems to me, you are the only one who feels differently when there have been numerous calls into the station bragging on the broadcasts. Maybe you shouldn't hide behind your screen name, which IMO is hideous, especially someone living in Tennessee, you would express your feelings to me face to face. And if you are that offended by listening, don't listen. But I had people texting me during the broadcast and after talking about the good job I did.

You try to turn something good into something bad. And for the poster who says we didn't get Camden's best. Bull hockey. Camden and Waverly could play ping pong and they would be up for it.

Gatorbait, you are one opinion. I've had a lot of people to stop me and tell me that they appreciate me taking up for the kids in the program while people like yourself only want to criticize. If that was a bad call on the onside kick, which looking at the film will tell, the zebras did cost Waverly the ball game. And there was no shortage of people in the press box that believed the same thing that I did. They said the same. Oh and the pass interference in the endzone. If you listened to the post game interview with Coach Graves, he said the same thing, it should not have been called. So I guess he is bad for Waverly? The officiating was terrible and I'm sure many more calls weren't made, ask anyone who has ever played and they will tell you that holding could be called on every play.

Now do I think Waverly is better than Camden. No. If you read my previous posts, I said Camden is and was the better team, but only slightly. Camden coaches last night after the game said that was the best they had been played all year besides Milan. Now, I don't get paid to do what I do. It is free. But I do it for the kids and it is also my job to be bias to the home team, no matter what you think. I've been told to be that way. Seems to me, you are the only one who feels differently when there have been numerous calls into the station bragging on the broadcasts. Maybe you shouldn't hide behind your screen name, which IMO is hideous, especially someone living in Tennessee, you would express your feelings to me face to face. And if you are that offended by listening, don't listen. But I had people texting me during the broadcast and after talking about the good job I did.

You try to turn something good into something bad. And for the poster who says we didn't get Camden's best. Bull hockey. Camden and Waverly could play ping pong and they would be up for it.

That was not even close to Camden's best. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> We are more than slightly better than Waverly. We showed it last night by beating you by a couple TD's while playing crappy. You keep on and on about the onside kick call and pass interference call, but there was bad calls both ways. We can bring up the off setting face mask penalty called on Andy and the defender. Andy simply stiff armed him. That could have gave us yardage. There was a good amount of late hits by Waverly's defense that was never called. The calls went both ways all game. They helped and hurt both teams. You can never blame a game on refs. If you are the better team then you will win no matter what the refs are out there doing. Simple as that. bad passing and dumb turn overs lost Waverly the game. On top of being the worse team. I understand you do radio for Waverly but that is a low blow and cheap degrading shot to say something like you did. "Camden and the zebras...." I am pretty positive Flash Melton over our way would never do something like that. Deal with the loss and move on.

That was not even close to Camden's best. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> We are more than slightly better than Waverly. We showed it last night by beating you by a couple TD's while playing crappy. You keep on and on about the onside kick call and pass interference call, but there was bad calls both ways. We can bring up the off setting face mask penalty called on Andy and the defender. Andy simply stiff armed him. That could have gave us yardage. There was a good amount of late hits by Waverly's defense that was never called. The calls went both ways all game. They helped and hurt both teams. You can never blame a game on refs. If you are the better team then you will win no matter what the refs are out there doing. Simple as that. bad passing and dumb turn overs lost Waverly the game. On top of being the worse team. I understand you do radio for Waverly but that is a low blow and cheap degrading shot to say something like you did. "Camden and the zebras...." I am pretty positive Flash Melton over our way would never do something like that. Deal with the loss and move on.

First of all there was no off setting face mask penalties. There was a face mask penalty against Waverly and holding on Camden that was offsetting. Know your facts. Never saw any late hits by either team last night. Not any that were close. Look at my posts, Camden is the better team. Your play was determined by Waverly's defense giving up only 251 yards to Waverly's 375 for the game. And yes turnovers are a part of the game, just hate to see those that are thrown to a defender with no reciever around and no pressure on the qb. But it happened and we can't change that. Anybody that saw that game last night will tell you, it was very close. Call it a low blow if you want, but if those calls are wrong, which like I said, looking at the film will determine, then I have to call it like I see it. Seems the station manager didn't have a problem with it. He and I talked about it last night. Flash might say that, don't know but it doesn't matter, he calls like he wants and so do I. And will continue to do it that way. Good luck to Camden, you have a great team.

GAME OVER, time to move on. All said and done we are still region 7aa,and not the patsy region any longer. Three teams garranteed playoff spots and a possible wild card. Any one who plays our region teams are in for the fight and game of thier seasons. That being said GO REGION 7AA.

Very true, nicely said. We can hash and rehash this till eternity comes but it won't change one thing. Let's get rolling 7AA.