Franklin Rebels host Centennial Cougars

dwg03

Oh! and a few more things...

"CHSAlumni" please give credit where credit is due, everything you "observed" about Franklin in your breakdown has been said before (by none other than...yours truly). Check the records, and good luck finding any more dirt on Franklin's excuse for a play-off-contender than I already have. One more thing "CHSAlumni", Chaz Scales may be one the best athletes in the region, and he is surely one of the most threatening weapons coming out of any backfield. But he is not the best QB in the region. I would have to bestow that honor on INDY's Alex Heckman, even though his numbers do not show it, and his team's success certainly does not show it. But anyone will agree that he simply has not been surrounded with the proper skill/talent or scheme/ system. But that is what happens when the system and players that Coach Smith assembled in place degrades away. Heckman has been (and will be next year) the victim of Coach Eubanks' ability (or inability) to ride the wave of Smith's genius/ success any further. Think about it INDY nation...Think about it (it all adds up)

king, we should all bow down and declare you a football genius...but isn't everyone on this site?

Your "observations" regarding INDY are way off. I am an Indy supporter, and although I feel Heckman is a very good player, he has not been the best in the region this year by any means. As for why, anyone that knows anything about IHS should know that Heckman had many weapons to work with last year. Heckman has had very few weapons to work with this year. Heckman and Thomas Berry (OL) were the only two returning players from that state title team of 2007 on offense. The kids that stepped in this year are nowhere near as talented as the 2007 group. As for Smith, my god, wake up. Smith is long gone, and we are all very happy with that decision. Genius? I consider him a fool for leaving on the brink of a state championship appearance, but hey, it all worked out for us. In our eyes, Eubanks has been the rock of that program, long before Smith, and we are better off with that rock than some "genius".

I have said it before in other INDY posts, the team will continue to grow and will rebound from this season's disappointment. There is a lot of work to be done for sure, and some areas need to be addressed, the main one being the INDY defense, which has been the weak spot for sure in 2008.

Hey, this is a Franklin-Centennial thread, enough about INDY. I am rooting for the Cougars. They have played well this year and like some have said, this is the year they will beat Franklin, if they are going to.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 game win streak for centennial so far

during that win streak they average 35.7 points and give up 20.4 points

Franklin over the past seven games averages 37.7 and only gives up 10.1 points

so on paper Franklin should win this game

but games aren't won on paper

I really like Centennial in this game

The Cougars are playing with a lot of heart and Chaz Scales is hands down the best player in the region accumulating a CHS record 24 TDs (12 passing, 11 rushing, 1 INT return), 926 yards passing, 819 yards rushing, total of 1747 yards (so an outside shot at having a 2000 yard season)

Tony Kemp and Raymond Jackson are continuing to contribute in the backfield and Drew Kelly with two more touchdowns last night and at 6'7" i like his matchup against anyone you put at him (unless you have someone to cover him that is 6'4+)

I just think that Centennial is too explosive for Franklin's D to match

Biggest question will be can Centennial stop Franklin's Offense?

This Friday this game will be one of the biggest to be played in the state. Both teams are fighting for that number 2 spot. I don't know enough about either team except to say they have both already won some huge games this year and who ever wins this game will really have to outwork the other.

I have seen both teams in action, and I have been on the losing end in both match-ups. But, I feel that the key to this game is about which team decides to show up. I will be the first one to say that we (Dickson Co.) were not that all powerful/ threatening this year, but we were still able to give Centennial a decent run for their money. Of course there is no denying that both teams wield excellent speed, but Friday night (and the 2nd seed) will be decided by the O-lines & D-lines of each side. If the Franklin O-line and running assault of Lee & Ford that was hitting on all cylinders (but has gone missing the past couple weeks) against RHS & IHS, then I can easily say that Franklin should put at least 41 on the scoreboard (because we did that). If Franklin comes out knocking CHS off the ball, like they did (and can) against Hillsboro...then it may be a very long halloween

MumboJumbo-

Apparently being an "INDY supporter" also means you are slightly illiterate, and are severely in-able to discern the point of my message. So without further ado, allow me to break it down "nice-and-simple"

Even though this is a "FHS & CHS" thread, a comment was made saying that "Chaz Scales is the best QB in the region." My post was simply in response to "CHSAlumni"'s earlier post and comment.

Here is what I meant-

FACTS) Heckman is a good quarterback. Heckman is arguably the "best" player at his position in the region (Nichols, Williams, Krow, and Scales). Heckman is also only a Junior. BUT... neither IHS or Heckman have looked anything near impressive this year.

QUESTIONS) How does IHS go from "state powerhouse" to "homecoming doormat"? How does one of the most promising young QBs in the region look absolutely horrendous this year? I know Alex Heckman lost a lot of weapons, but is that the sole reason for his poor performance this year, and why has his performance undergone such a drastic change since last year?

OBSERVATIONS & ANSWERS (which raise more & more questions)) I know IHS graduated a ton of starters last year, but every High school graduates seniors (who are starters) every single year. The only difference is "solid programs" find ways to survive and thrive every year throughout these losses. Obviously Coach Eubanks has not established a "solid program" at IHS, because he has not been able to weather the changes. He has taken a State "runner-up" all the way down to a 3-4 win team, is that a coach worth standing behind? Who's team was it last year? Was that team the result of Smith's work or Eubanks inheritance? Either way the fact of the matter is that Coach Eubanks has not been able to nurture and surround young Heckman with the proper system to be able to succeed (or the entire Independence Eagles team for that matter). But Eubanks has managed to make his team the "laughing stock" (or I guess you could call them the "new Centennial") of the region, and to allow one of his only rays of hope for the future to get abused and hurt all season.

If 3-7 and crippled stars is what you "INDY supporters" want...I guess Eubanks is the man for the job.

(have fun taking a few months off next after next week...the other "solid programs" in the region have work to do)

MumboJumbo-

Apparently being an "INDY supporter" also means you are slightly illiterate, and are severely in-able to discern the point of my message. So without further ado, allow me to break it down "nice-and-simple"

Even though this is a "FHS & CHS" thread, a comment was made saying that "Chaz Scales is the best QB in the region." My post was simply in response to "CHSAlumni"'s earlier post and comment.

Here is what I meant-

FACTS) Heckman is a good quarterback. Heckman is arguably the "best" player at his position in the region (Nichols, Williams, Krow, and Scales). Heckman is also only a Junior. BUT... neither IHS or Heckman have looked anything near impressive this year.

QUESTIONS) How does IHS go from "state powerhouse" to "homecoming doormat"? How does one of the most promising young QBs in the region look absolutely horrendous this year? I know Alex Heckman lost a lot of weapons, but is that the sole reason for his poor performance this year, and why has his performance undergone such a drastic change since last year?

OBSERVATIONS & ANSWERS (which raise more & more questions)) I know IHS graduated a ton of starters last year, but every High school graduates seniors (who are starters) every single year. The only difference is "solid programs" find ways to survive and thrive every year throughout these losses. Obviously Coach Eubanks has not established a "solid program" at IHS, because he has not been able to weather the changes. He has taken a State "runner-up" all the way down to a 3-4 win team, is that a coach worth standing behind? Who's team was it last year? Was that team the result of Smith's work or Eubanks inheritance? Either way the fact of the matter is that Coach Eubanks has not been able to nurture and surround young Heckman with the proper system to be able to succeed (or the entire Independence Eagles team for that matter). But Eubanks has managed to make his team the "laughing stock" (or I guess you could call them the "new Centennial") of the region, and to allow one of his only rays of hope for the future to get abused and hurt all season.

If 3-7 and crippled stars is what you "INDY supporters" want...I guess Eubanks is the man for the job.

(have fun taking a few months off next after next week...the other "solid programs" in the region have work to do)

Don't you all have an Independence thread to discuss these things?