Oak Ridge vs. Farragut predictions?

Ole Dad

Its kind of funny all you fans want Stevens gone and more then likely it won't even happen. Stevens and the rest of his staff just need support then maybe they can turn things around. I'm pretty sure they're reading or hearing everything you all are saying. As Fulmer would say, "you can't have a winning season every year!" so just take this time off and get ready to start bashing your basketball coaches as well.. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> I'm wondering what would be said if the Lady Wildcats and Wildcats has a bad year in basketball are you all going to be calling for their heads too?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its kind of funny all you fans want Stevens gone and more then likely it won't even happen. Stevens and the rest of his staff just need support then maybe they can turn things around. I'm pretty sure they're reading or hearing everything you all are saying. As Fulmer would say, "you can't have a winning season every year!" so just take this time off and get ready to start bashing your basketball coaches as well.. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> I'm wondering what would be said if the Lady Wildcats and Wildcats has a bad year in basketball are you all going to be calling for their heads too?

Not an OR fan but when we played them they did not use the talent they had in a way that would help them win. You can not hang that on one the players. I would think that their coach would want to go somewhere where his style of coaching could win more games. I am sure he would like a break as much as the fans and players. Good luck OR next season.

Regarding Coach Courtney, in a profession filled with good guys he's one of the best. He's devoted the better part of 30 years to Farragut High School and the Farragut community. This year the old concrete home stands at Farragut were replaced with a new aluminum structure. It seems like perfect timing to give "Admiral Stadium" a more official name. Personally, I love the sound of, "Bill Clabo Field at Eddie Courtney Stadium . . . "

I would have to agree with Eric G on the stadium. Coach Courtney has been with this program for 30 years and wantd his time on being a head coach and now he is the winnest coach in Farragut history. I played for him now my son has played for him and if he is around another 10 years my other son will have played for him. Congratulation coach Courtney.

Congratulations to Eddie Courtney for a good season, he is a class act from the git go, got to say that first and foremost. He has made this program the best it can be.

That being said, I did not see this Farragut team as being as good as the one last year. They don't run the ball as well, Oak Ridge was able to match up better up front in this game, although their secondary gave up a lot of passing yards. The Oak Ridge offense was the best charity that Farragut could find, too many interceptions and drops. Had those not occurred the game might have been close because talent wise, the teams were close to being even, with Oak Ridge having a speed advantage it didn't use well. Farragut will face a Science Hill team that always has good speed and athletes, so watch out Admirals in the first round. IF they get by that, a trip to Kingsport is in the cards, but they could win both of those and face the Owls at Ooltewah in a couple of weeks. They will have trouble with a power team that has speed on the flanks.

Oak Ridge Administration must evaluate their entire situation NOW! A 4-6 season should be the final warning shot across the bow. Doing nothing is not an option. There is still enough talent there to be in the playoffs each year and with the new Region schedule more certainly! For the players, decide now you are going to make a comeback for OR Football next year, when the weight room is open, be there! Work hard on off season conditioning and strength training, and work on your grades, so as to make sure not one of you is ineligible for bad grades. Don't worry about the other issues going on, just work on getting better yourselves, as individuals and as a team.

Purty is a very good running back but when you can throw and run that is a big plus. Oak Ridge put 8 in the box to stop the run. Its hard to block 8 in the box we were a little off Friday against OR on offen but the defense looked pretty good. OR has good speed plus OR and Farragut what else do you have to say. This years team is a more balance team. If this team will play together and not worry about what people are saying about them they are a very good football. They have no super stars but a very good balance team. If they keep there heads on straight they have a very good chance. They will have to play one game at a time and start with Science Hill.

Turtle,

You are hilarious. Stevens has lost 14 games in the last 3 seasons and missed the playoffs 2 of those years on the "Double" Ron Brown rule. Oak Ridge has had only 2 losing seasons in 60 years and they would have lost 8 games this year if were not for Saunder??™s special teams play against Fulton and a last second score against Billy Blount.

Lussier, Gattis, Young and Hale averaged about 2 losses a year for the entire time they coached. Stevens is double that despite Lussier leaving him a State Championship group. Farragut has only beaten Oak Ridge 7 times in 34 attempts and 3 of them are the last 3 years under Stevens. I can go on and on, but I figured even as dumb as you are you can get the picture. The only down year we are having is another down year of coaching. I talk to the opposing coaches, they all laugh at Stevens abilities.

Ram Dad

"That??™s not a knife, this is a knife." Crocodile Dundee or Tom Bailey?

"Support"? Does this mean someone needs to explain to SS what a jock is and what it is for? Man has been given everything except a designated carrier for his! BTW turning around in one can be painful! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

That being said, I did not see this Farragut team as being as good as the one last year. They don't run the ball as well, Oak Ridge was able to match up better up front in this game, although their secondary gave up a lot of passing yards. The Oak Ridge offense was the best charity that Farragut could find, too many interceptions and drops. Had those not occurred the game might have been close because talent wise, the teams were close to being even, with Oak Ridge having a speed advantage it didn't use well. Farragut will face a Science Hill team that always has good speed and athletes, so watch out Admirals in the first round. IF they get by that, a trip to Kingsport is in the cards, but they could win both of those and face the Owls at Ooltewah in a couple of weeks. They will have trouble with a power team that has speed on the flanks.

No, they're not as good as last year, but seriously, who is in East TN 5A?! Bearden? Farragut? Oak Ridge? William Blount? McMinn?

D-B may be a little better, so how much farther will that get them? Ooltewah appears much improved (and in a sense, the Owls are), but that's partially because everyone else is down and because last year's Ooltewah team so dreadfully underachieved. Soddy-Daisy is a nice addition to this year's playoff mix, but they beat people with their passing game -- not the type of team you expect to string together wins in November.

Besides comparing McMinn last year to this year, Bearden last year to this year, Oak Ridge last year to this year, etc. -- consider, side by side, last year's playoff teams and this year's.

Region 1

1) '07 Bearden / '08 D-B (come playoff time Bearden was the 2nd best 5A team in the state: decisive edge '07)

2) '07 D-B / '08 Bearden (last year's D-B team is a good 10 pts better than this year's Bearden squad: edge '07)

3) '07 Campbell Co. / '08 Science Hill (here's the one '08 seed that's probably better: edge '08)

4) '07 Jefferson Co. / '08 Campbell Co. ('07 Jefferson Co. was the stronger, more consistent of the 2: edge '07)

Region 2

1) '07 Farragut / '08 Ooltewah ('07 Farragut was better offensively, '08 Ooltewah is better defensively: about even)

2) '07 William Blount / '08 Farragut ('07 William Blount ran the ball better and had better D: edge '07)

3) '07 Oak Ridge / '08 Soddy-Daisy ('07 Oak Ridge faded late, is the same happening to S-D?: about even)

4) '07 Ooltewah / '08 McMinn Co. (McMinn's not as good as it was last year -- when it lost to Ooltewah: edge '07)

Bailey is a clown. He has ruined the Oak Ridge education system as Oak ridge High School has dropped 1,000 spots in the rankings of US High Schools since his arrival. The number of National Merit Scholars at ORHS has dropped by 70% since his arrival. The football team can't even get in the playoffs on the "Double Ron Brown Rule." But, if you ask him to rate himself he gets a 4.99 out of 5.0. You think he is out of touch with reality? You think?

Not only is Bailey a clown, but so are his principles. I haven't talked to a teacher at ORHS yet that likes the way Chuck Carringer is running the school. What's being described as the way the school is being run is very similar to the way it sounds like the football team is being run. There are teachers frustrated with the way the middle schools are being run also. It's a new age in Oak Ridge Schools I guess. Gone are the days of very high marks in education and powerhouse sports programs and their replacements are arbitrary rules that are supposed to reduce dropout rates (which I would argue actually raise dropout rates) and learning just enough to do well on tests and middle of the road sports programs. It's sad really. This is not the ORHS I graduated from and played for.

Turtle..... I think it's too late for Stanton Stevens. The fans have quit going to games. The players either can't or won't grasp his and his coaching staffs way of doing things. Even our opponents have seen the problems. When people from other schools can see the problems, and comment about them, there is a problem. I don't think if Stanton stays on as head coach there will be enough players go out next year to accomplish anything. There is no boosters club to speak of, could be better next year but what for? I just don't think enough people will care about Oak Ridge football if Stanton comes back.

And it breaks my heart for the youth of my hometown to miss out on the experience of Oak Ridge Wildcat football as it should be !!!!!

Amen!

Turtle..... I think it's too late for Stanton Stevens. The fans have quit going to games. The players either can't or won't grasp his and his coaching staffs way of doing things. Even our opponents have seen the problems. When people from other schools can see the problems, and comment about them, there is a problem. I don't think if Stanton stays on as head coach there will be enough players go out next year to accomplish anything. There is no boosters club to speak of, could be better next year but what for? I just don't think enough people will care about Oak Ridge football if Stanton comes back.

And it breaks my heart for the youth of my hometown to miss out on the experience of Oak Ridge Wildcat football as it should be !!!!!