Lewis County v. East Hickman

LCHS

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

easy win for LC.....

Playoffs = different story. and unless one of two things happen (Howenwald picks up and moves itself 100 miles west, or CPA/GP move to DII) if will continue to be two and out for the Panthers(or anyone else) trying to get through the Midwest Quadrant.

People have been hinting that this year might be the year to get by the Privates because they are down. I say probably not, look at the competition they play. and it really serves them right that the only non-conference team that will schedule them are 5A and DII. (a little collusion among small schools to keep them playing up)

easy win for LC.....

Playoffs = different story. and unless one of two things happen (Howenwald picks up and moves itself 100 miles west, or CPA/GP move to DII) if will continue to be two and out for the Panthers(or anyone else) trying to get through the Midwest Quadrant.

People have been hinting that this year might be the year to get by the Privates because they are down. I say probably not, look at the competition they play. and it really serves them right that the only non-conference team that will schedule them are 5A and DII. (a little collusion among small schools to keep them playing up)

Thats good, we want everybody thinking that way. If there is one 10 - 0 team that can be overlooked its the Panthers. Look, I know your logic is, well, logical - we havn't been able to get past the privates - mainly Goodpasture - for several years. I know that most people are going to doubt us, we have been undefeated before and floundered in the playoffs - same song different verse. This team, I think, is alot different than those in the past. You should know better than most fvallday how good the Panthers are this year. They beat your team, who is VERY GOOD this year and will make a tough out for anyone in the playoffs. Not only did they beat Fairview - they dominated Fairview 32 - 8. The playoffs are almost here though, and then all our talking will mean nothing because it will be settled on the field.

Not much on predicting scores - but LC should take this game against East fairly easily. They just have to make sure that the coming playoffs or the Thursday game are distractions. One step at a time Panthers!

Thats good, we want everybody thinking that way. If there is one 10 - 0 team that can be overlooked its the Panthers. Look, I know your logic is, well, logical - we havn't been able to get past the privates - mainly Goodpasture - for several years. I know that most people are going to doubt us, we have been undefeated before and floundered in the playoffs - same song different verse. This team, I think, is alot different than those in the past. You should know better than most fvallday how good the Panthers are this year. They beat your team, who is VERY GOOD this year and will make a tough out for anyone in the playoffs. Not only did they beat Fairview - they dominated Fairview 32 - 8. The playoffs are almost here though, and then all our talking will mean nothing because it will be settled on the field.

Not much on predicting scores - but LC should take this game against East fairly easily. They just have to make sure that the coming playoffs or the Thursday game are distractions. One step at a time Panthers!

This was not meant to be a hit on the Panthers by a rival fan...simply, a statment of opinion based on fact and proven history. Don't forget that Fairview struggled in The Alphabet division for a couple of years, indeed, it made them stronger. We know all about GP/CPA

I see LC as being very strong, very fast, and very well-coached. All-around a great football team. (Much like Camden's team last year, Goodpasture dominated in the second round) but you can't underestimate the multiplier that the privates have, they are playing with a stacked deck.

I forsee the panthers cruising through Wavo, but the buck will stop in the next round with whomever they face, CPA/GP. just my opinion based on recent history.

but nobody asked you !! were worried about east before anyone we learned last year dont over look ANYONE !!!

But..........somebody DID ask him.

i think LC will get threw this game easy get 10-o and but i dont know ab how far they will go in playoffs wat do you think??

First he says that he thinks that Lewis County would go 10-0 and go 'through' the regular season undefeated. Then, in regards to the playoffs, he said he didn't think that Lewis County would go 15-0.

He answered both questions in the launch post in one sentence........AND, he WAS asked.

'It's like I'm sitting here playing cards with my brothers kids or something.'~ Johnny Tyler in Tombstone

Fviewallday, your point was well made and it's one that, for the most part, I agree. I respect your point and I don??™t think you were hammering LC at all. Please understand that over time some of the Panther fans become defensive when constantly being shot down about our showing in the playoffs. Some of the criticism is warranted and some is not. We have been fortunate to have played 44 playoff games winning 21 which is not too bad. I also agree that the privates are a wall to many of the rural schools who must play them in the playoffs. I do believe that LC has a better than usual shot at the Privates this year. That in itself makes a good point for the advantage they have. LC has one of it best teams in a while and the privates are rebuilding and the playing field is more level. So if a rural schools (FV, Camden, etc..) has a great team and they have one of their better ones then there??™s very little chance for advancement by the rural team. Good post and let??™s all stick together.

ddaddy, I'm with you! and I am rooting for any public school against the likes of the Alphabets.

I am at my core a realist. and you are correct that if there was a year to do it this would be it. Camden down(weither they think so or not)-Huntingdon down-GP down-CPA down, this presents a prime opportunity for a West TN Public school (LC, Milan) to meet up with the semi-public school, Alcoa, in the 'boro. I Sencerely hope it happens.

I will be the first to say I am jealous of the program that Coach Sharp has developed in Howenwald. It should be modeled after by schools like Fairview who have talent in the hallways every year that goes untapped because of a disconnect between MS and HS, and a lack of community support. Programs like LC continue to thrive (i.e. 17 out of 18 region championships, i think) while others have to hope for a few good years in a row then start the rebuilding again....but like a said I'm a realist.

Well said! I look at FV & Camden and maybe even Harpeth as the same type schools as LC with the same type kids. Any sucess that those 3 have is doable for the others. On a side note I have said before that I thought that FV was the most physical team that we played this year and are not to be over looked in the playoffs. A lot like the 2002 team that beat Huntington then lost a squeeker to McKenzie.