Greenbrier @ White House

FootballAce

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the standings that be, I hope this week's game is minimal trashtalk and more of a mutual understanding as the last game of the season comes to a close and the region that has been for the past four year realigns when next fall comes around.

It should be evident to other regions that Region 4 has been tough contenders these past four years. The region championship has moved through Greenbrier, Pearl Cohn, Station Camp and now to White House. It is obvious how the rhythm of rebuilding ebbs and flows wth the past teams of DeKalb coming to the top four while Pearl Cohn has gone to the basement. Greenbrier hasn't been immune with large groups of graduating seniors and depth issues.

But even with all that, still got to play what's scheduled. I am assuming that the fire in this game might be a little less, and after the first quarter or so that the fans on both sides may get to see more what they have waiting in the wings.

Good luck to our Cats, but also good luck the Blue Devils. No CSS, no camera crews. Here's to an injury free, good sportmanship game.

How does it appear the region 4 teams will finish........qualifying for the #1 thru #4 playoff spots? I know it may not be totally settled until this Friday night's game, but give your honest and fair assessment. Thanks!

Here, in region 3, it comes down Central and Howard playing for the top 2 spots in the playoffs.....and I believe Central will win. Polk Co. will finish 3rd, and I believe East Ridge will finish 4th.

How does it appear the region 4 teams will finish........qualifying for the #1 thru #4 playoff spots? I know it may not be totally settled until this Friday night's game, but give your honest and fair assessment. Thanks!

Here, in region 3, it comes down Central and Howard playing for the top 2 spots in the playoffs.....and I believe Central will win. Polk Co. will finish 3rd, and I believe East Ridge will finish 4th.

It appears that it will be

1 White House

2 Station Camp

3 DeKalb

4 Sycamore

All have QB's that have passing games.

It appears that it will be

1 White House

2 Station Camp

3 DeKalb

4 Sycamore

All have QB's that have passing games.

Thanks! Looks like DeKalb has come out of nowhere! Sorry that Greenbrier won't be making it this year. I was over there in 2005 (I think) when Meigs County played Greenbrier in the first round of the playoffs, and really enjoyed the hospitality you folks extended to the visitors. Is Kelly still your defensive coordinator?

How strong is White House and Station Camp? If McMinn Central can get by the first round this year, they'll probably be facing one of those two in round two. Central has improved a lot from last year and hopefully they'll be able to compete.

Thanks! Looks like DeKalb has come out of nowhere! Sorry that Greenbrier won't be making it this year. I was over there in 2005 (I think) when Meigs County played Greenbrier in the first round of the playoffs, and really enjoyed the hospitality you folks extended to the visitors. Is Kelly still your defensive coordinator?

How strong is White House and Station Camp? If McMinn Central can get by the first round this year, they'll probably be facing one of those two in round two. Central has improved a lot from last year and hopefully they'll be able to compete.

Greenbrier is in rebuilding mode, and slippped to 5th seed this year. Appreciate the kind words about our hospitality. Our stadium has expanded and is much larger than before. Lots of improvements that we have enjoyed. I assume you are speaking of Kelly Ziegler and yes he is still coaching. His son, Zack, has been a big playmaker this year and will be missed greatly after he graduates in May.

The difference between White House's and Station Camp's seeding was 1 point on the scoreboard Friday night. Trox Greenwade (WH) Matthew Johnson (SC) Hunter Poteete (DC) and Jake Simms (SHS) are the qbs that Region 3 will have to contend with. White House has a lot of depth at skilled positions. If it tells you anything, I think their only loss has been to Alcoa this year. I look for a repeat Region 4 sweep, with the possible exception of Sycamore.

Dekalb and White House will probalby meet again.