Gallatin At McGavock

Verb58

Gallatin came out a little flat thinking that they had an easy game, but the Wave was without their starting RB and and their #1 WR (precautionary measures). You just worry about Ravenwood, H-ville. Hope to see yall in a couple more weeks

Gallatin came out more than a little flat! The whole atmosphere last night was weird, at least to me. The fans were quiet until the fourth quarter, the offense committed 3 turnovers and just didn't seem to be in rythem. I'm sure with Holder out that effects the timing with reads on the running plays. I also noticed the MHS D was making plays on Cloud just after he got through the hole. I do believe that their D wouldn't have made so many of those tackles if Holder had been able to play. We are just a faster, quicker offense with him in there. Not taking anything away from Cloud because he stepped in and did a great job running hard.

Turnovers and our inability to defend the pass in the second half last night kept the D on the field way too much. Hats off to them for not giving up on McGavocks last ditch effort to score in the final minute and also to the entire offense for putting together the final drive in typical Green Wave fasion to go up 22-16.

I'm with you, Gtowner, I hope we get to see the commandos again in a couple of weeks...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gallatin came out more than a little flat! The whole atmosphere last night was weird, at least to me. The fans were quiet until the fourth quarter, the offense committed 3 turnovers and just didn't seem to be in rythem. I'm sure with Holder out that effects the timing with reads on the running plays. I also noticed the MHS D was making plays on Cloud just after he got through the hole. I do believe that their D wouldn't have made so many of those tackles if Holder had been able to play. We are just a faster, quicker offense with him in there. Not taking anything away from Cloud because he stepped in and did a great job running hard.

Turnovers and our inability to defend the pass in the second half last night kept the D on the field way too much. Hats off to them for not giving up on McGavocks last ditch effort to score in the final minute and also to the entire offense for putting together the final drive in typical Green Wave fasion to go up 22-16.

I'm with you, Gtowner, I hope we get to see the commandos again in a couple of weeks...

I agree whole heartedly. Last night had a very strange vibe....must be that Thursday night thing. I was thinking that the entire night.

Cloud did a really good job last night. He needs to just realize his brute force is his strength not his cutting ability. When he runs downhill he is very hard to stop. Turnovers were a killer and why the score was so close. McGavock did a good job passing the ball but Gallatin dropped several would be ints.

The refs were terrible. No TD signal on Cody's touchdown or clue who had the ball, no chain gang, no clue who had the ball the reciever or defender, and the worst call of the night that blown whistle-fumble recovery- td-dead play turnover. That call was horrible.

All that matters is that Gallatin got the win, score is irrelevant. Bye bye metro!!