WILSON CENTRAL at SMYRNA

AllAmerican10

I always love to here the prediction on here. I think every game but Siegel and LaVergne , Folks have been calling for the Bulldogs to lose and in some cases to lose, BIG. Well I can say with some degree of certainty Smyrna will not lose BIG, the rest of their games. That??™s including the playoffs. I think the D is to strong to lose BIG.

Brentwood (12 point lose), BA (a 11 point lose), Gallatin, (a 14 point win) Blackman, (a 10 point win) Oakland, (a 7 point lose in 4 OT) Riverdale (a 6 point win) and Now WC, folks are calling for a BIG, 28 or 21 point win for WC??????

Lets look at Smyrna's loses: All of the early (except Oakland) and all of them clinched a high playoff seed but Siegel. (And they should get a seed this week)

35-7..........28-7..........Really? At Home???? I'm not sure about that. If, and I mean If, Smyrna loses, it will be a 3 or 7 point lose

I agree with 2P, Smyrna will be a tough out in the playoffs this year and they'd love to get a W this week to possibly improve their seed. I can assure you, teams do not want to see the 2 time 5A champs across from them in the bracket, early in the playoffs.

Here is another thing that ya'll have going for you................they also run that offense (or the one you think they run??) that kept you and your Ohio mates from reaching your best college potential ( I read your other post).

So, if WC is in this antiquanted offense; then it will be a cake-walk for the Smyrna defense /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is another thing that ya'll have going for you................they also run that offense (or the one you think they run??) that kept you and your Ohio mates from reaching your best college potential ( I read your other post).

So, if WC is in this antiquanted offense; then it will be a cake-walk for the Smyrna defense /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Yes, they do run a wing t offence. I'll say WC is pretty good at it. I will never say teams can't win with that offence, many teams do. If team run that set well, they can take advantage of a fast, aggressive, pursuing, defense. Which Smyrna is and if Smyrna can't play Discipline Defence they could be in trouble.

And if you did read my comment on another thread, you may not have read it well. 4 teammates and I received collage scholarships to major collages and in my opinion it had a lot to do with the offence change. Where our prior year's team had talented Sr's. in a wing t set, that had major D1 talent but did not get a good look in a wing t set. I said, some went to a MAC level collage and did very well there.

I was just giving some food for thought in a debate on the wing t offence.

Yes, they do run a wing t offence. I'll say WC is pretty good at it. I will never say teams can't win with that offence, many teams do. If team run that set well, they can take advantage of a fast, aggressive, pursuing, defense. Which Smyrna is and if Smyrna can't play Discipline Defence they could be in trouble.

And if you did read my comment on another thread, you may not have read it well. 4 teammates and I received collage scholarships to major collages and in my opinion it had a lot to do with the offence change. Where our prior year's team had talented Sr's. in a wing t set, that had major D1 talent but did not get a good look in a wing t set. I said, some went to a MAC level collage and did very well there.

I was just giving some food for thought in a debate on the wing t offence.

It is not a debate; it is something else................probably the best HS football state in the South is GA. Many of the GA best teams run the pure old basic Wing-T and will just chew you up. The GA 6A champs last year was Lowndes Co. and they are as Wing-T as you can get................they could chew anything up in TN or in Ohio (*note Ohio HS football is better than TN). So, to say that a gold ball could not be won in TN running the Wing-T borders on something that I call lunacy..................if you can win it in GA best class; it can be done here. When Bennie Monroe was having his great run at Cleveland with the Wing-T; 2 of the years, he could have won any class!

Oh, last thing...............WC does not run the wing-T and neither does Riverdale. Riverdale is an option team out of a double-wing look; similar to what Ga Tech is running (and doing quite well...........you know the same coach that won Nat Championships at Ga Southern and then beat some big boys running it at the Naval Acad.).

Now, I am really not sure what WC runs, but it ain't the Wing-T!

Here is another thread on offense; the guru of guru's on the spread (Tony Franklin) got fired at Auburn running the most wide open stuff there is..............Know why? they did not have the "trigger-man" to run it. Rodriguiz at Michigan ain't looking to good running "his stuff" (*note Blackman and Smyrna's current coaches got stuff from him). Know why it has NOT looked good................that would be players.

In spite of what may get on here and say...............it is never X's & O's; it is most of the time Jimmy's & Joe's.

The best 4 teams in 4-5A (material wise) are not the 1-4 finish teams.............who do you think they are. (*note Riverdale is NOT one of them!)

IMHO

It is not a debate; it is something else................probably the best HS football state in the South is GA. Many of the GA best teams run the pure old basic Wing-T and will just chew you up. The GA 6A champs last year was Lowndes Co. and they are as Wing-T as you can get................they could chew anything up in TN or in Ohio (*note Ohio HS football is better than TN). So, to say that a gold ball could not be won in TN running the Wing-T borders on something that I call lunacy..................if you can win it in GA best class; it can be done here. When Bennie Monroe was having his great run at Cleveland with the Wing-T; 2 of the years, he could have won any class!

Oh, last thing...............WC does not run the wing-T and neither does Riverdale. Riverdale is an option team out of a double-wing look; similar to what Ga Tech is running (and doing quite well...........you know the same coach that won Nat Championships at Ga Southern and then beat some big boys running it at the Naval Acad.).

Now, I am really not sure what WC runs, but it ain't the Wing-T!

Here is another thread on offense; the guru of guru's on the spread (Tony Franklin) got fired at Auburn running the most wide open stuff there is..............Know why? they did not have the "trigger-man" to run it. Rodriguiz at Michigan ain't looking to good running "his stuff" (*note Blackman and Smyrna's current coaches got stuff from him). Know why it has NOT looked good................that would be players.

In spite of what may get on here and say...............it is never X's & O's; it is most of the time Jimmy's & Joe's.

The best 4 teams in 4-5A (material wise) are not the 1-4 finish teams.............who do you think they are. (*note Riverdale is NOT one of them!)

IMHO

WOW, where do I start with this? Let take it line by line here. I 100% disagree with your GA vs. Ohio HS football opinion. I would say if you take the top 10 teams in Ohio and the top 10 teams in GA. The Ohio teams would win 7 or 6 of the games. (This is am opinion). I??™m not saying Ohio??™s HS football is the best because there are at least 3 or 4 states that may be better. But GA is not one of them. I would put your Lowndes team (which I saw on TV) against Youngstown Ursuline or Cleveland St IGGY or Cleveland Glenville, All day and I wish them good luck beating any of them.

I never said you can't win a golden ball with a wing t. Never!

WC and Riverdale run a wing t. Not sure what you see as a wing t but when you have 1 FB and 2 wing backs that is a wing t. You can and Riverdale will run some option out of that set but it is a wing t.

I never said a spread is a better fit for Riverdale and I don't believe it is.

Why would anyone in there right mind judge Rich Rod. at Michigan on this years team. He has 0 QB in Michigan that could run his offence and the offence you see at Michigan this year is no where close to what you will see in the future. He has a very good recruiting class going so far and then let??™s start judging him when they start playing.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. You seem to go off on a lot of irrelevant stuff. If sure I missed an opportunity or 2 to clears something up you wrote.

The bottom line here is a Wing T can work for some teams but I feel it is smart to change things that don't work and it is not working in some programs.

Has W.C. ever beaten Smyrna? I think that the been there done that mentality will set in for Smyrna and they will win in a close one. Smyrna's QB is growing up before our eyes and the timing of his passes and his decision making gets better every week. Add to that Smyrna is playing at home and on senior night and Smyrna will have to give the ball away in turnovers and bad field position to lose to W.C.

Has W.C. ever beaten Smyrna? I think that the been there done that mentality will set in for Smyrna and they will win in a close one. Smyrna's QB is growing up before our eyes and the timing of his passes and his decision making gets better every week. Add to that Smyrna is playing at home and on senior night and Smyrna will have to give the ball away in turnovers and bad field position to lose to W.C.

Yeah i think WC has beaten smyrna a few times

WC beat Smyrna 38 - 14 at Smyrna in 2005.

I agree with our poster from south of the border. Coach Stallings said " it wasn't the scheme, but it was the players that win games and he got that from Coach Bryant and that makes it absolutely correct.

I agree with you and with him. A team with good players can win if they execute in any offence including the Wing t. My point to him was, it will not work for everyone and why keep doing things that are not working??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦.Why not change it up when you see your system may not fit the talent you have??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦.As much as you may feel your way is the best way. There may be a better way and a good coach should adapt to his talent. Not the other way around.

Now to this game again: WC will bring some good athletes and a very well coached, discipline team to Smyrna this week. Smyrna needs to play very discipline football and tackle well. The last few weeks, I have seen some missed-tackles but the pursuit has be so great, it covers some of that up. The first guy needs to make better tackles in the open field.

Smyrna will ,again, play physical on both sides of the ball. I fell, if Smyrna can take care of the ball like they did against Riverdale, (No TURNOVERS) then Smyrna can come out on top.

I??™m thinking that WC will not see (Bryson) #5 this week. This is just a hunch, I have no info to say otherwise but with Smyrna already in the playoff, if he??™s not 100%, they will not risk losing him for the playoffs. This decision should be much easier to make with the play of (Hicks) #6 and the Smyrna running game last week at Riverdale.

I will have a score later in the week.

Just a question here; this game is not one of the games moved to Thursday is it? I saw something on the news last night that they were moving some games to Thursday do to the ghost and goblin day.