Greeneville moving down

FormerDevil

Nothing to do with arrogance,it's just all about pride. It's the same thing with Dobyns-Bennett having to play more 5A schools next year with the tssaa changes.If you beat somebody it's no big deal,but if you loose one of those games,everybody gets a big laugh except you.

You can also add tradition, you cant just expect everybody to welcome the move with open arms. Lots of rivalries, among all sports, will be lost. I think it will take a couple seasons for people to adjust and everybody to be truly happy, if that ever happens(which it will if we do good in the new divisions)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I have heard a gathered this will be Greeneville's District

District 2

Chuckey-Doak AAA

Cumberland Gap AAA

South Greene AAA

West Greene AAA

Graniger County AAAA

Union County AAAA

Greeneville AAAA

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

My sources have District 2 as being virtually the same as the current District 2 AA, which would include GP, Pigeon Forge, and Claiborne as well. I would guess that District 1 would include Happy Valley, Sullivan North and East, Johnson Co., Unicoi Co., Elizabethton. Of those, only Sullivan East would be 4A when split for the playoffs. I'd look for Greeneville to be placed in that region to balance numbers. Otherwise that region would not even be guaranteed a 4A playoff bid since it requires 2 teams to garner an automatic bid. I also wouldn't be suprised to see one of the county schools placed in District 1, giving both districts an even number of schools.

Of course, all this depends on TSSAA using logic, which seems to be missing from this new format to begin with.

From what I have heard a gathered this will be Greeneville's District

District 2

Chuckey-Doak AAA

Cumberland Gap AAA

South Greene AAA

West Greene AAA

Graniger County AAAA

Union County AAAA

Greeneville AAAA

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Thought I might breakdown the possible future competition:

Chuckey Doak: 2008 Record 1-7. Last game vs. Greeneville 56-6

Cumberland Gap: 2008 Record 6-2, but lost to SOUTH GREENE 20-42

South Greene: 2008 Record 4-4. Last game vs. Greeneville 42-0

West Greene: 2008 Record 5-3. Has not played Greeneville, but once scrimmaged the JV Score:GHS JV 5TD's WG Varsity 0

Grainger County: 2008 Record 4-4 with losses to Cherokee, South Greene, etc.

Union County: 2008 Record 1-7

Maybe we should call it the IWAC!

^ That conference is a freaking joke. If Greeneville doesn't win a football state championship in the next 4 years, they need to fire the whole staff! It's one thing to move down, but playing in a conference so weak might cost the Devils come playoff time. I hope the new coach continues to schedule the hard out-of-state games. I do like that about the program.

What in the world is Greeneville going to do about the Playoffs? It's a real mess. Who is the back-up QB at Greeneville?

In My opinion you will probably see Trevon Hall running the QB positions. If everything goes as planned Jeremy Barner will be back by playoffs so it will be a very speedy back field

Having talked to Coach Baugh, QB coach tonight, I think the Devils have several very good options and none of them are bad!

It sounds kinds weird calling him Coach Baugh.....

I could see the tandem of Quarles and Hall @ qb with both having an impact...I think Trevon has the better arm.

It sounds kinds weird calling him Coach Baugh.....

I could see the tandem of Quarles and Hall @ qb with both having an impact...I think Trevon has the better arm.

When I talked to trevon he said he wasn't going to play QB. Now whether that's him saying that because he doesn't want too, or because coach told him that idk. I heard that possibly TJ Rollins might get that call. Either way we'll be ok. If Wes takes it, then you'll get Ryan Fillers playing safety, which is a boost on D.

You know when Barner got hurt everyone said (including me) what are we going to do. What happened just like last year when there was adversity. People stepped up, Soph running back, Freshman kicker. Poor little skinny D line, lol.

They all stepped up. That what players who are good leaders and coaches that are the same make a difference. I am very proud of the Greene Devils. Back to Back Champions. Says it all.