IMAC (District 2 AAA) 2008-2009 Thread

raiderray

Wow!! You have thrown down the glove!!! We at West will take you up on it!!! Now, we all know that Gville cheats with those refs, so a true test won't come until you come to little ole Mtown. I predict that Hall will be on the bench inside 4 minutes when we play up there. Glory was on the bench in two minutes last year and fouled out by the 3rd quarter. Hall isn't quite as good as Glory so it will take a bit longer for the Gville magic to work.

Oh, I heard Swaggerty (sp) is gone?? Any truth to that??

Glory is a bully inside...she's gonna ride the bench an awful at UT too!!!

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya got me there...the Bean Barn is the secret weopon! No argument from me...Dickson gets her licks in and usually gets busted for it. What three guards are you talking about? We have only lost McInyre from last year to graduation. We are strong starting and very deep on the bench.

Cocke County has the new coach and everyone is back and healthy. I think it's a three-way battle but hopefully Greeneville (we appreciate your E) prevails!

Crumbley has got to have a PG or our She-Devils are gonna struggle.

Ya got me there...the Bean Barn is the secret weopon! No argument from me...Dickson gets her licks in and usually gets busted for it. What three guards are you talking about? We have only lost McInyre from last year to graduation. We are strong starting and very deep on the bench.

Cocke County has the new coach and everyone is back and healthy. I think it's a three-way battle but hopefully Greeneville (we appreciate your E) prevails!

I was assuming the 3 players raiderray was talking about in an earlier post were guards. He said that you lost 3 key players!! I have talked to players before about the Greeneville refs, and I have been told that they may be IMAC but they are not the usual refs that do the West and East games. Are they locals? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Good luck everybody on their tournaments and stay safe with not injuries!!

Happy Thanksgiving early.

Crumbley has got to have a PG or our She-Devils are gonna struggle.

From what I've seen, between Ramsey, Neas and Christopher, that is going to come along nicely and soon. One thing I have noticed is that it seems that it is strictly the wings responsibilty to get open on certain plays and Ramsey has to drive to that side and make the pass. This works the first 2 or 3 times but then opponents adjust and even as great a passer as Ramsey is, it's not going to work. At this point, she has several options. Instead of forcing a bad pass, Ramsey needs to either call another play or penetrate the middle and make the defenders fall back to help and THEN get the pass off or take the 15 footer if they give it to her. She wants to run the play to the letter every time but she has got to learn some flexibility. Neas is feisty and makes things happen and has nice touch on her shots. She just needs to keep her head up and see the floor. She misses opportunities while she has her head down barrelling through people. Christopher does a good job taking what the defense gives her and is quite adaptable; however, the timing of her passes are not as accurate as Ramseys. This, I'm sure comes from adrenaline rush and inexperience and hopefully will improve.

The PG position may be a liability right now in the Pre-Season but I'm confident, it will improve. I heard they play Upperman Friday and Cleveland Saturday in the Cleveland Classic. Man, I'd really like to see the Upperman (what a rematch!) game but I'm not passing up a chance to see our FB boys go up against Maryville Friday. GO DEVILS!

The Cocke co girls looked a bit tired late.............some turnovers inside led to a Science Hill comeback.

I will say this.......and its no secret Im a Cocke co fan....The game involved the same ref that gave Depew a technical

at region last year (ive been t'd up by this same guy in Knoxville for saying oh my gosh!)

He had 2 phantom fouls on Depew and then for some strange reason started looking to make calls on Suggs.

One of the Science hill players gets a hard foul on Suggs then kicks her in the face for good measure. Suggs understandably comes up fighting mad but doesnt touch the SH player.No other fouls are called.not even a personal on the SH girl. At that point the ref in question calls a phantom foul on Suggs and then stares her down waiting to hit her with a T.

To Suggs credit she says nothing. PTsportswriter you told me this guys name before and ive forgotten maybe you can email me with it.

This guys is totally unprofessional and needs to get rid of the chip on shoulder. Please everyone dont read into this that im saying the officaiting got Cocke co beat..that wasnt the case.......Im just tried of seeing people disrespect the game in such a manner.

I was assuming the 3 players raiderray was talking about in an earlier post were guards. He said that you lost 3 key players!! I have talked to players before about the Greeneville refs, and I have been told that they may be IMAC but they are not the usual refs that do the West and East games. Are they locals? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Good luck everybody on their tournaments and stay safe with not injuries!!

Happy Thanksgiving early.

Gotcha...we lost McIntyre (guard) and Collins (6'1 post) to graduation. He may have been referring to Ramsey's injury as the third but she is almost back to 100%. I kind of thought you were referring to the Swaggerty girl since you asked about her but she didn't get much playing time in the short time she was here.

The Lady Devils are in the Cleveland Classic this year. I heard we play Upperman (who upset us last year in the Ladies Classic) on Friday and Cleveland on Saturday. As much as I would like to see the Upperman game, I think our little FB match-up with Maryville is going to be EPIC! Go DEVILS!!! Slay the Giant and take it all the way to State baby!

Good luck to you, too and Happy Thanksgiving!

AHH--You should get Upperman but it will be a battle, let me tell you!! They are a force!! There are a couple of AA's over there who basically run baksetball schools. Upperman and Livingston Academy are two of the premier ones. We beat LA pretty well over the summer, but Upperman was a challenge. Upperman can beat Maryville.

I thought GreenEVILle had a senior wing last year to go with McIntyre and Collins. More of a defensive stopper than a scorer, she still was a steadying presence. If I remember correct, she is who Shipley used to sub in for....

That's Brianna Kelley and she is just a junior and a started as a sophmore last year but she plays like a senior so I can see where you would think that. She is one of those kids that has been overlooked or underestimated, I think. A real talent and we are fortunate to have her for the next couple seasons!

South Greene beat M East 54-40 but the game was much closer than the score....foul trouble and turn overs and a general lack of rebounding hurt

East led at half 25-24

I generally stay away from the ref issue but let me start by saying the Lady ref is a class act...the other two (guys) were just acts.....fouls called for good defense which leads to my comment..we were shooting ourself in the foot enough..do we really want to deter our players from playing aggressive defense and just have a shoot-out highlight reel like the pros....wont cut it at college....my daughter is a sniper of a shooter and plays hard defense...what advice do you give as a parent and coach? hey you are a scorer dont get in foul trouble....i dont think so...i still believe in tough defense

AHH--You should get Upperman but it will be a battle, let me tell you!! They are a force!! There are a couple of AA's over there who basically run baksetball schools. Upperman and Livingston Academy are two of the premier ones. We beat LA pretty well over the summer, but Upperman was a challenge. Upperman can beat Maryville.

Did you mean Upperman can beat Cleveland? Sorry if I confused you, I kinda switched gears on you. The Maryville I mentioned was for football. They are coming here to Greeneville for the 3rd round of the playoffs Friday night.