IMAC (District 2 AAA) 2008-2009 Thread

raiderray

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow Big year in the IMAC! So many talented teams this year! Greenville ,Cocke co, Morristown West,Jeff co,Morristown east,

Ill stop there ...... i dont need to list the whole IMAC

Big Question. Will anyone knock Greenville off of there throne? Who will be the big contirbutors for there teams?

I think a couple of teams may topple the devils this year....I wish it could be East buuuuut my girls will do their best regardless

West will beat them and Cocke stands a good chance also.

I think Jeff will have some upsets as well as Cherokee.

It will be another interesting season in the IMAC maybe the last as we know it if Greeneville goes AA next year

I heard that Greenville was confirmed as AA already for next year. They won't be much without Dickson, anyway.

We're waiting to see what region we'll be placed in.We could be playing in Region 1....and the team be just fine w/o Nicole. I recall similar statements were made when Megan and Nakeisha graduated as well. Greeneville still has a fine feeder program and will remain competitive no matter what classification they play in.

I heard that Greenville was confirmed as AA already for next year. They won't be much without Dickson, anyway.

Sentence One = true ; Sentence Two = FALSE!

I don't have a dog in this race anymore as my baby has moved on but I'm still a huge GHS fan who will be watching closely. From what I observed over the last two years about this year's Juniors (Shipley, Kelley and Ramsey - next year's Seniors), they will do extremely well this year and next. It will just be a different dynamic next season. It will be a little faster paced as they like to transition and make things happen and the scoring will be more balanced.

This season's squad is going to be formiddable in size and talent all around at every position -- no weak links. Dickson will be her usual outstanding self and senior, Connor Hall, will surprise everyone, I think. The experienced bench is strong and there are also some exciting Sophmores and Freshmen that will make an impact this year as well.

During Dickson's awesome career at GHS, the tendency has been to play to her strengths --a slower paced total domination of their opponents. It will be different without her (not better or worse but maybe higher scoring/point spread) with everyone contributing to the scoring. I am confident that Coach Crumbley will schedule some out of conference games next year with our old foes and then we will see just how "much" they WILL be. I think you will see some of it this year and barring any major injuries, Greeneville will do well again. This year's team has played together all of their lives, they are EXTREMELY close friends, and morale is great from what I hear. And that's more than half the battle. Good Luck Lady Devils...hope you have an even more successful season than last!

Cocke County, East, and possibly West should dominate this year along with Greenville. Everybody has a solid team returning. As already pointed out, Cocke has new coaches and has a key player back from an injury, East is a HUGE team with plenty of talent, West has Goins back, Hall as a transfer, and they only lost one senior.

I don't know what Cherokee has to offer, but Jeff should be much improved as well. This really should be an even conference across the board this year.

My two cents - preseason:

1. West

2. Cocke

3 Greeneville

4 East

5 Jeff

6 Cherokee

West lost one average post player, picks up a better one (Hall) that is more versatile. And remember the run last year at the end was without Goins.

Cocke has Depew and Buda return with two years of experinence. Suggs is back ( my pick for best underrated player in the conference), they got some good play last year from some new post players, and the other 6'0 girl (name escapes me, Lewis maybe?) returns from injury.

Greeneville has Dickson, and a host of unkown quantites (outside of Greeneville itself BARB). Ramsey had trouble at the point, and they lost 3 very key players. Some folks are going to have to step up, or GreenEVILle is going to see various forms of Box and 1s this year, with the box on Nicole. Last year, every junk defense that got thrown at them ended up failing because McIntyre or someone else would shoot you out of it.

East has maybe the most atletic post/wing player in the league, but thier problem last year was guard play. Trottercoach, did East get a point guard on campus?

Jeff still lacks height. They lost 4 seniors from last year, but they get the benefit of starting (and playing) this year without all of the turmoil. Can they outrun and out shoot everybody else? Does everyone understand their role, and can they execute? The scheduule is softer, so the non conference record might look better.

Cherokee has Ryans, an up and coming star, but do they have anything to go with her? Nicole Dickson can mess your defense up by going outside, but Casey is likely to see numerous sagging zones this year in the post. Outside shooters and playmakers have to step up. The Seniors that are gone had 4 years of Varsity experince per player, and played most of the minutes. Hard to replace that.

Okay, everyone get thier pea shooters out. I am an easy target. One last comment:

Barb - devilettes? Don't you have to wash your mouth out with Arm and Hammer now? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

My two cents - preseason:

1. West

2. Cocke

3 Greeneville

4 East

5 Jeff

6 Cherokee

West lost one average post player, picks up a better one (Hall) that is more versatile. And remember the run last year at the end was without Goins.

Cocke has Depew and Buda return with two years of experinence. Suggs is back ( my pick for best underrated player in the conference), they got some good play last year from some new post players, and the other 6'0 girl (name escapes me, Lewis maybe?) returns from injury.

Greeneville has Dickson, and a host of unkown quantites (outside of Greeneville itself BARB). Ramsey had trouble at the point, and they lost 3 very key players. Some folks are going to have to step up, or GreenEVILle is going to see various forms of Box and 1s this year, with the box on Nicole. Last year, every junk defense that got thrown at them ended up failing because McIntyre or someone else would shoot you out of it.

East has maybe the most atletic post/wing player in the league, but thier problem last year was guard play. Trottercoach, did East get a point guard on campus?

Jeff still lacks height. They lost 4 seniors from last year, but they get the benefit of starting (and playing) this year without all of the turmoil. Can they outrun and out shoot everybody else? Does everyone understand their role, and can they execute? The scheduule is softer, so the non conference record might look better.

Cherokee has Ryans, an up and coming star, but do they have anything to go with her? Nicole Dickson can mess your defense up by going outside, but Casey is likely to see numerous sagging zones this year in the post. Outside shooters and playmakers have to step up. The Seniors that are gone had 4 years of Varsity experince per player, and played most of the minutes. Hard to replace that.

Okay, everyone get thier pea shooters out. I am an easy target. One last comment:

Barb - devilettes? Don't you have to wash your mouth out with Arm and Hammer now? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Just makin' sure you're payin' attention Ray /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />