IMAC (District 2 AAA) 2008-2009 Thread

raiderray

Sorry to hear that Lady Red. You are right, injuries are mostly sad, especially ACL injuries. I know you know this, but don't rush the recovery. ACL injuries are tricky things--push too hard too soon and you can set the knee up for tendinitous.

Where and when is everybody's first game--I'll go first--Mwest is at the Upper East playday this Thursday.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a side and a sad note, Kelsey Lloyd, one of the seniors, my daughter, a three year varsity member and about a half-time starter - not much offense but a scrapper - tore her ACL on Sr Night for the girls soccer team. She will have surgery in about 2 weeks at UT and hopes to be back with her soccer club team by the state championships in May. Injuries are painful, but mostly, they are just sad. She has a desire to play soccer at a small school and everyone - from surgeons to colleges - are most hopeful.

I expect a fun and exciting season.

I am truly sorry to hear this about Kelsey. I admired her for playing her role on her team, and the fact that she gave it every thing she had when she was out there. I did not know of her soccer abilities - I truly hope she recovers and can go on to achieve her dreams.

I read an article in SI recently that addressed this very thing: A senior, looking forward to his senior year, gets hurt in practice before the first game of the football season, and was forced to sit out his senior year. Not only how it tore him up, but the father (the author of the article) was hurting for his son. I thought at the time that we were very fortunate to have my daughter get through all those years with only a concussion in an AAU game that held her out a while.

Good Luck to Kelsey. I hope she works hard at rehab, and is able to see her dreams become a reality. Small college sports are just as tough as big school sports, they just use headlights, not searchlights, to illuminate their programs.

I am truly sorry to hear this about Kelsey. I admired her for playing her role on her team, and the fact that she gave it every thing she had when she was out there. I did not know of her soccer abilities - I truly hope she recovers and can go on to achieve her dreams.

I read an article in SI recently that addressed this very thing: A senior, looking forward to his senior year, gets hurt in practice before the first game of the football season, and was forced to sit out his senior year. Not only how it tore him up, but the father (the author of the article) was hurting for his son. I thought at the time that we were very fortunate to have my daughter get through all those years with only a concussion in an AAU game that held her out a while.

Good Luck to Kelsey. I hope she works hard at rehab, and is able to see her dreams become a reality. Small college sports are just as tough as big school sports, they just use headlights, not searchlights, to illuminate their programs.

Best wishes to Kelsey...she will be missed with her toughness

GHS, CCHS, and West will most likely be the top three in the conference

Wade should help the Lady Red..The off-season training has been like none they have see the last few years. Wade will pump enthusiasm and energy into the Lady Red. I don't think the basketball programs see themselves as losers. They expect to challenge for the conference. The glaring problem with last years squad was lack of a shooter and offensive consitancy. Buda and Depew will be back to lead the team. If Buda rebounds from a mediocre season by her standards, Depew has added even more to her game, and Courtney Lews, Alex Suggs, and Nicole Ball can hit 3's and spread the court this will be a team to watch for. Good luck ladies

Did Buda and Depew play AAU this season? If so, who with? Did KGC fold last year or are they done for the upcoming year? How has Depew added more to her game?

Buda and Depew both played for KGC last year. KGC is not having a 16u team next year,just the 12u team.

Words like fold give the wrong impression. It was time.

I meant that as one of the if's sorry..but i know she has been working on her shot in the gym

Hey no problem! I shouldnt have my darn sensitive shoes on....The end of this age group is a sad thing for me .

We have watched these young ladys develope as basketball players and people from the time they where 8

I am soo looking forward to watching the rest of there bb careers in HH and College!

Ive also turned into somewhat of an IMAC fan!

I hear Taylor Hall's ankle rehab is going well so thats good news for MOWEST.

I had the opportunity to watch Gibbs vs Cocke co in a scrimmage game. It was strange watching Taylor Mills and Morgan Buda battle each other.

I feel they are 2 of the best in east tn and seeing these 2 buddies battle each other was awesome! Taylor is sporting a black eye after the match but there were hugs all around after the game.

What competitors they are.

I really like the intensity level coach Wade has brought to the team.

That's okay, as you can tell I'm a little pumped about the season!! As SpongeBob Squarepants says, "I'm ready, I'm ready, I'm ready!"

We haven't heard from East lately--where r u Trotter Coach??? Do we have a Cherokee Rep??

Doesn't anybody look at Coach T anymore?

Well, its still football season for some of us, you know...at least for 1 more week.

That's okay, as you can tell I'm a little pumped about the season!! As SpongeBob Squarepants says, "I'm ready, I'm ready, I'm ready!"

We haven't heard from East lately--where r u Trotter Coach??? Do we have a Cherokee Rep??

Doesn't anybody look at Coach T anymore?

Statman3 is your cherokee pipeline. We are usaully devoid of a West rep, so I am sure the IMAC posters are glad to have you.

As for the other, it will heat up when games/scrimmages start happening. With the new rules limting the "preseason" scrimmages, there is a little less to talk about at this point. Our freshman - junior year, we had played in one playday already, had another scrimmage date this week, and had another playday coming this weekend. All that after a fall play schedule. That is not going to happen again with the recent limtations.

Rob, I am glad to see new blood in here. My interest is going to be limited this year, so it is good there will be another poster on here, and you will also offer possibly a different perspective from PTS. We have prided ourselves over the past two years at getting in the 500 post or more range without getting closed down. I hope that continues this year also.

Rob, do you think your KGC seniors-to-be will play for another organization this Spring...Select, Trotter, Flight? Maybe the Express out of Bristol?

Statman3 is your cherokee pipeline. We are usaully devoid of a West rep, so I am sure the IMAC posters are glad to have you.

As for the other, it will heat up when games/scrimmages start happening. With the new rules limting the "preseason" scrimmages, there is a little less to talk about at this point. Our freshman - junior year, we had played in one playday already, had another scrimmage date this week, and had another playday coming this weekend. All that after a fall play schedule. That is not going to happen again with the recent limtations.

Rob, I am glad to see new blood in here. My interest is going to be limited this year, so it is good there will be another poster on here, and you will also offer possibly a different perspective from PTS. We have prided ourselves over the past two years at getting in the 500 post or more range without getting closed down. I hope that continues this year also.

Rob, do you think your KGC seniors-to-be will play for another organization this Spring...Select, Trotter, Flight? Maybe the Express out of Bristol?

OK...I'll bite.

Cherokee has a tremendous talent returning in Ryans. Getting her the ball in position to utilize her size will be a challenge and key for the lady chiefs. Losing the leadership of Price, Ewing and Avery will be tough on this year's team. Gilbert is the other starter returning for her senior year. She will need to play/lead like a senior early while less experienced players develop. Senior and part time starter from last year, Kupp, should fill a position and juniors, Davis and Barns, will be counted on to step up this year. The lady chiefs do have some newcomers who could make an impact. Coach Price' youngest daughter leads a very talented group of freshmen following another great season at Rogersville City school. In addition to Price there is a tremendous athlete in Johnson and great size and soft touch in the post from Maddox.

With a 2009 group that started out as a freshman group 15 strong and is now down to Kupp and Gilbert, this is likely to be a rebuilding year for the lady chiefs with several strong years to follow with sophmore, Ryans, and the strong group of 2012's. But no one should overlook them, on the right night, they could steal a game from anyone in the league.

Good luck to all IMAC teams and let's all look forward to an exciting INJURY FREE season.