IMAC (District 2 AAA) 2008-2009 Thread

raiderray

lol.....Years ago my being discreet got me called into the local Principles office for calling out an assist coach on CoachT

4 Years of hs and not once in the Principles office......then while in my 40s....busted....lol

Got a good lashing from the assists wife while i was there too...lol

Im working hard to be a kinder gentler poster...

Nobodys counting out your Hurricanes Coach I have a nephew there....so i have to be impartial....as much as i can.

So far im a Mo WEST(Taylor Hall ) Mo East(Samantha Hale,Zack Jones) Cocke co( Shannon Depew ,Morgan Buda,Allie Sprouse,altho not forgetting Courtney and Alex)

Ill save you guys some reading by not listing my favorite Knox players....

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rob I agree, although I went to East and have a daughter playing there and one that will be there next year(does that give me away?) I'm an IMAC fan. There is talent and class oozing from every corner. (M East,) Samantha Hale, Kayla Orrick, Leah Leeper; (M West) Taylor Hall, Sidney Goins, Megan Fanney, Kelly Smith (CCHS) Morgan Buda, Shannon Depew, Jalese Pruitt, Allie Sprouse (JCHS) Haley Nelson, Whitney Kyle, Dezarae Huff, Lacey Miller, Madison McWilliams (Cherokee) Casie Rhines ...not sure of the spelling (GHS) Nicole Dixon...

not meaning to leave any out but these are kids that I have had the privilege of seeing play for a few years now. I wish them all the best of a bright future ahead..........I still hope M East wins /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Ok guys, I have decided to go to ref school to become a ref. Not to start old garbage, but I have never seen a team have as many under 60 second calls to win the game as East last year. And everybody knows my position on the Gville refs. I think West needs a ref in their corner so I am going to sign up!! How do I do that?

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Ok guys, I have decided to go to ref school to become a ref. Not to start old garbage, but I have never seen a team have as many under 60 second calls to win the game as East last year. And everybody knows my position on the Gville refs. I think West needs a ref in their corner so I am going to sign up!! How do I do that?

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

It is easy! Ask any coach in the area who the supervisor is and then get a from have three people from different schools sign form as references. Send form in to TSSAA along with like 75$ and you will be able to do 9th grade and JV games. After going to camps during the summer camps and attending about 100 meetings a year you will eventually be able to get some of the less competitive games in your area. When this whole set of official aka the good ole boy group dies out you might get to have games that would really be alot of fun to ref. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

trinkets and treasures rents costumes /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I assume that you are talking about the East team that was in dire foul trouble every game of the season and yes at home too...............I have video of the home losses greenville and jefferson being 2 conference at home losses

I dont think its a secret im a big Depew fan but ive got to tell ya it was a team effort and a lot of hustle from both teams.

The coaches are friends, there are girls on the teams that play with each other in the summers,so the competition was fierce.

This game reminded me of hs district playoof game. Girls diving to the floor for loose balls ,good defense being played

The talent of each teams starting 5 was impressive. If i saw a diffrence between the 2 teams it was bench strength for Webb.

Cocke co had a deeper bench. I know Coach Coliier will develop her bench by mid season. You cant play for her and not improve!

The game ended up with Marjorie Butler of Webb hitting a 3 just after the buzzer that would have won it.

Yes Depew and Buda did an excellant job against very talented DI signees.....i think the wild card was Jalese Pruitt(forgive my spelling)

Sarah Debusk a sophmore for Webb and Marjorie Butler a freshman are both promising young players!!!!!!

I watched this same Webb team handle a very good oliver springs team later in the day.

Wow thats great to hear. Depew and Buda can really play and have some college talent of their own I believe. The starting 5 for CCHS is very solid. Jaleese had a pretty good year inside last year, but I have heard that she has stepped up here game. If they can find a consistent 3 shooter to spread the court, and find another capable body to replace Lloyd in the post this team could be very dangerous this year with Wade taking over the coaching position. Can't wait to see them take on some superior competition in this tournament coming up at Hal Henard.

last I checked , we all use the same refs.....some of us just treat them better than others /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

last I checked , we all use the same refs.....some of us just treat them better than others /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

true, true...from what i've seen over the last few years, its the very same refs rotating throughout the whole conference but we are good to the striped ones in greenevile.

Barb, is it me or have you noticed that there is absolutely no consideration being given to the lady devils on this thread this year? I must say it's always good to be underestimated...its a great position to be in but its going to be SO funny when it comes down to it and we "upset" the "favorites" this year. I hear the devillettes looked pretty good last week scrimmaging Beardon and Oak Ridge, even without Ramsey (still resting her knee). They have a lot of depth this year and it's going to be a fun season!

true, true...from what i've seen over the last few years, its the very same refs rotating throughout the whole conference but we are good to the striped ones in greenevile.

Barb, is it me or have you noticed that there is absolutely no consideration being given to the lady devils on this thread this year? I must say it's always good to be underestimated...its a great position to be in but its going to be SO funny when it comes down to it and we "upset" the "favorites" this year. I hear the devillettes looked pretty good last week scrimmaging Beardon and Oak Ridge, even without Ramsey (still resting her knee). They have a lot of depth this year and it's going to be a fun season!

Seems strange to be the ones flying under the radar....but I like it /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

GHS My goodness i didnt realise how much you Greenville fans needed your egos stroked. Everyone here is picking ghs to win it.....The prep xtra ignored every other team in the Imac and sang nicoles praises.

Were just trying to be like Fox news you know..........fair and balanced /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

GHS My goodness i didnt realise how much you Greenville fans needed your egos stroked. Everyone here is picking ghs to win it.....The prep xtra ignored every other team in the Imac and sang nicoles praises.

Were just trying to be like Fox news you know..........fair and balanced /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Not an ego thing at all. Just observing the theme and hoping that the other IMAC teams' coaches are thinking the same way. As Barb said, it's good to be under the radar. All the Tri-Cities writers barely give GHS a mention as a contender this year but I guess we should be used to that by now. We have always been overlooked by our neighbors to the northeast. (until tournament time that is when we ride off to Murfreesboro with the title, lol) My original post on this was in done in the spirit of fair and balanced since GHS hadn't been mentioned in a while. I love FOX NEWS!