District 11AAA

CHSAlumni

I agree that Franklin owns this district and will again this year. However Michael Young is nowhere near the player Drew Kelly is. I have been watching games in this district for the past 6 years and I can say without a doubt that Drew Kelly is the best player to come through this district during that time span. (That includes the trio of guards at Franklin a few years back, B. Carden from Centennial, T.C., M. Dotson from Hickman, and any others)

Sleeper you make a good point Kelly is a great player. However if Franklin wins district again, then Michael Young is the best player on the best team and imo should be district MVP. If you want to walk down memory lane with all time district greats the two best players to ever come out of 11aaa were probably Kevin Anglin and Darren Henry...

both former standouts with the REBS!!!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense to young, as he is a very good player who i have enjoyed watching the last 2 years, but he is not close to the top player in the district. in my opinion the highest you could put him is 4th behind kelly, teichmann, and arthur from hillsboro. i could very well see him winning MVP if the rebs take the district again and his numbers improve. his leadership, experience, and willingness to take a big shot is vital to franklins success

No offense to young, as he is a very good player who i have enjoyed watching the last 2 years, but he is not close to the top player in the district. in my opinion the highest you could put him is 4th behind kelly, teichmann, and arthur from hillsboro. i could very well see him winning MVP if the rebs take the district again and his numbers improve. his leadership, experience, and willingness to take a big shot is vital to franklins success

Everyone has an opinion guess we will find out during the season. The games are not played on this board.

I strongly disagree that Young is as no better than fourth in the district. He has several D1 looks at this point and is only going to get better as season progresses.The other players you mentioned are very good .

alright first of all there is no doubt that kelly is the best player in this district. i mean we have to face it, he will dominate this year but teichmann and young are definitely the district's next two best players

alright first of all there is no doubt that kelly is the best player in this district. i mean we have to face it, he will dominate this year but teichmann and young are definitely the district's next two best players

Very well said.

Sleeper you make a good point Kelly is a great player. However if Franklin wins district again, then Michael Young is the best player on the best team and imo should be district MVP. If you want to walk down memory lane with all time district greats the two best players to ever come out of 11aaa were probably Kevin Anglin and Darren Henry...

both former standouts with the REBS!!!

I know of both of them. However memory lane doesn't go back that far.

Very well said.

I know of both of them. However memory lane doesn't go back that far.

From looking at the time of your post your screen name should be no sleeper. Never saw Anglin or Henry play but Anglin did lead the rebs to state championship and stared on SEC championship team for Vanderbilt. Henry played pro ball in europe.

Sorry buddy but i dont know how old you are but if this is the same Darren Henry that we are both talking about that i believe is still the Independence basketball coach and was one of the phy. ed teachers at bms. THen you are right he did play pro ball in europe but no he didnt attend Franklin he attended Downers Grove HIgh school in Illinois.

Sorry buddy but i dont know how old you are but if this is the same Darren Henry that we are both talking about that i believe is still the Independence basketball coach and was one of the phy. ed teachers at bms. THen you are right he did play pro ball in europe but no he didnt attend Franklin he attended Downers Grove HIgh school in Illinois.

I'm thinking that Coach Henrie graduated in about 1986 from Franklin High School.....

Darren Henrie did move here from Illinois. However, he played his junior and senior years at Franklin and he did graduate in 1986. To say he was one of the two best to come out of 11AAA is silly. FIrst off, I think Darren will even tell you that he became a MUCH better player for Don Meyer than he ever was at Franklin ( did it even occur to you that Lipscomb was an NAIA school at that time. If he was that good he would have had big-time offers). Darren never played a game in 11AAA. Franklin was in 9AAA then. Also, Kevin Anglin played in 9AAA, not 11AAA. That district then included Brentwood as well as Mount Juliet, Gallatin, Smyrna, Hendersonville, Beech, and Springfield. Franklin was still in 9AAA up into the mid-90's. I know we beat Jason Moore in like'92 or '93 at Franklin in the 1st round of the district tourn. He put up 39 with 10 threes, but they still lost.

THe history of 11AAA is with teams like MBA, Ryan, Glencliff, Antioch, Overton, Hillwood, Hillsboro. Names like Tommy Springer and Tyrone Harper at Glencliff, Sidney Grider and John Sneed at Ryan, Brandon Wharton and the Jemison brothers at Overton.......................too many to name.

Darren Henrie did move here from Illinois. However, he played his junior and senior years at Franklin and he did graduate in 1986. To say he was one of the two best to come out of 11AAA is silly. FIrst off, I think Darren will even tell you that he became a MUCH better player for Don Meyer than he ever was at Franklin ( did it even occur to you that Lipscomb was an NAIA school at that time. If he was that good he would have had big-time offers). Darren never played a game in 11AAA. Franklin was in 9AAA then. Also, Kevin Anglin played in 9AAA, not 11AAA. That district then included Brentwood as well as Mount Juliet, Gallatin, Smyrna, Hendersonville, Beech, and Springfield. Franklin was still in 9AAA up into the mid-90's. I know we beat Jason Moore in like'92 or '93 at Franklin in the 1st round of the district tourn. He put up 39 with 10 threes, but they still lost.

THe history of 11AAA is with teams like MBA, Ryan, Glencliff, Antioch, Overton, Hillwood, Hillsboro. Names like Tommy Springer and Tyrone Harper at Glencliff, Sidney Grider and John Sneed at Ryan, Brandon Wharton and the Jemison brothers at Overton.......................too many to name.

bigchief thanks for the history lesson. Since Henry played in 9AAA guess he can't be one of the all time 11AAA greats. I am now revising my post. Anglin and Henry are two of the best players to every come out of 9AAA. Henry also tried out with Atlanta Hawsk scored over 40 in a preseaon game and was the last player cut. The point here is both were very good both were REBS

Okay Fellas,

Looks like we got way off subject, I thought this was supposed to be about this years basketball season? Speaking of this year, where is Phillyfan? We all need to give him his props for that World Series Win. He must still be celebrating?

As far as D 11-AAA, I know this, This may be the year they can compete with my metro schools. Maplewood is good, but not anywhere near as good as Antioch was last year, how did they not win state?

Like every summer, I see a ton of middle TN teams play, because of what I do, I saw those Franklin kids alot, although I think Starnes was absent this summer, is he playing this year Franklin fans?

They still had a big 6'9 kid who looked good.

I know they lost (Kegarise), but Franklin is pretty deep, and most people will get to know that skinny Henry kid by mid-season. B-WOOD, has big K-Tiech and Tidwell, but can Tidwell make it thru a King season? You can't ignore Drew Kelly at Cent, stud, most likely best player in mid-TN, no supporting cast.

Ravenwood= too young

Hillsboro= Always talented, unknown but Arthur Mc is good,

Overton= new coach, young talent

Hillwood= are u serious?

Indy= prentenders, never been serious

Like the old days Franklin/B-Wood battle it out, with Cent maybe,,gotta like Franklin's SENIORS.