District 11AAA

CHSAlumni

I really dont think Ravenwood will finish above hillsboro. Hillsboro has alot of players returning, and ravenwood will be dealing with some key losses. I think ravenwood loss all of their starters, atleast 4, and they dont have anybody to replace morris who I believe was better than Centennial's kelly. Hillsboro will battle for the 2-4 spots with bhs and chs. I think ravenwood will be on the outside looking in

Better than Kelly? Was there election fraud when the coaches voted Kelly conference MVP? No, there are reasons Morris is at Lambuth and Kelly will be playing for Miami, OH, a team that just took UCLA to the wire in LA.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better than Kelly? Was there election fraud when the coaches voted Kelly conference MVP? No, there are reasons Morris is at Lambuth and Kelly will be playing for Miami, OH, a team that just took UCLA to the wire in LA.

I'm entitled to my opinion just like you and all the coaches were entitled theirs

So I guess every guard in the ACC, Big East, SEC, Big 12, Big 10, and Pac 10 is better than Stephen Curry cause they didn't recruit him

Morris was just as solid as kelly, he could also shoot better

I really dont think Ravenwood will finish above hillsboro. Hillsboro has alot of players returning, and ravenwood will be dealing with some key losses. I think ravenwood loss all of their starters, atleast 4, and they dont have anybody to replace morris who I believe was better than Centennial's kelly. Hillsboro will battle for the 2-4 spots with bhs and chs. I think ravenwood will be on the outside looking in

No way was Morris better than Kelly. Kelly is the best player this district has seen in quite some time and that includes the trio of guards from Franklin a few years ago, Bryce Carden from Centennial, TC from RHS, M. Dotson from Hickman Co., and any of the Hillsboro guys from their state tourney appearance team.

On Stratford @ Franklin,

My boy said don't let the score fool you, it was about a 30 pt Franklin margin before their coach pulled all the starters about 1 minue into the 4th quarter. (60-48) Franklin

My boy said that Franklin looks a little different, said they had a 6'9 kid (Haddix) pour in 15 points including a nice "flush" in the paint. He did say that Young was bombing threes and that (Miller Mclemore ?) was a beast on the glass, had like 17 rebounds, that's crazy stuff.

Stratford had some athletes but still looked unorganized, just don't seem to have structure, Kelly could be a nice player but he's a big man trying to play on the outside.

In my boys opinion, Stratford will struggle, and Franklin will be very good again.

alright. ive got one score in from my buddy that went to the RHS Ensworth game to see one of his friends coach Ensworth.

RHS 66 Ensworth 38

shocker? he said Ravenwood shot the ball extremely well and played great defense. please list other scores. My other buddies haven't called me to let me know.

None of Ensworth's football players played in the game. Jefferson alone makes this a totally different game, much less Miles, Grigsby etc.

None of Ensworth's football players played in the game. Jefferson alone makes this a totally different game, much less Miles, Grigsby etc.

got the stat sheet. Miles did play. Tavares Jefferson was the only player that did not play from the football team. Miles had 9 points, 7 of them off of free throws. I would say that Ravenwood looks very good. THey had 11 threes. Looks like a do or die 3 ball team.

I wouldn't be saying this win is a fluke.

New to these boards but have heard about them. I saw Franklin play last night and they seem to use the big fella (Haddix) pretty well. Nice to see a post presence, the kid is 6'9, he had 15pts and a nice dunk. Michael Young was pretty solid as well, dropping 17 pts. The best part of the game was watching ###### Daniel Miller McLemore grab about 20 rebounds, that was incredible. Franklin looked good but seemed to clear the bench a little early, letting Stratford make it resepectable, classy move by Franklin's coach, could have been a 30 pt blowout, but ended up at 12. I will be watching Franklin all year and supporting them. My kid plays football for the Rebels and the basketball players have been solid supporters of the football team all year, plus, I enjoy basketball. I think FHS plays Clarksville thursday, looking forward to it.

Go Rebels

No way was Morris better than Kelly. Kelly is the best player this district has seen in quite some time and that includes the trio of guards from Franklin a few years ago, Bryce Carden from Centennial, TC from RHS, M. Dotson from Hickman Co., and any of the Hillsboro guys from their state tourney appearance team.

Kelly seems to have found a home on the football field. His size & build tends to lend itself better to the gridiron, IMHO.

TC Jennings didn't do much on the hardwood. Is he still footballing @ AR. State. I wasn't impressed with what I saw from Matt Dotson 3-4 years ago either. I think he had 5 pts. the other night in Belmont's loss to Peay.

That "trio of guards from Franklin" and their supporting cast did a pretty good job of shutting Kelly down his freshman & sophomore years. I believe that 15-20+ pt. wins were the norm for FHS those years. He had pretty weak ball handlers @ the guard positions those years. When Kelly was trapped, we stole a lot of those lob passes that they tried to get into him. No doubt that Kelly is talented and a force to be reckonned with. I don't know about the best in district for years prop though. I was pretty impressed with the raw talent that the Dickson HS kid had(Pfleiger?? - went to Rice Univ., I believe) But now that I think of it, they may not have been in our district. Of course, Brandon Wright was in a league of his own. (and Div II)

The matchup between FHS Big Man James Haddix & Kelly should be interesting this year. I believe that Haddix will get more confidence with every game. It's a shame that he didn't get more playing time last year. Young & McLemore should be fun to watch this year as well! Hopefully, FHS can finally make a run to "The Boro" this year.

Yahoo - it's basketball season again!! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> GO REBELS!! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

In response to "best players" in the district in recent years, even a Franklin fan can admit it's Drew Kelly. Very solid tough and polished post player. He should do well at Miami (Ohio).

You gotta respect Franklins teams over the past 5 years, contantly 25+ WIN seasons, a substate appearance, district championships, and a 58 game winning streak (I think). Maybe these seniors Young, Henry, McClemore, Haddix, Glover (when healthy), Lindsey, Starnes, can provide some leadership and make it out of regions this year. Should be fun to watch.