Dekalb County

1. Upperman

2. Livingston

3. Smith County

4. Cannon County

5. York

6. Macon County

7. Dekalb County

Upperman and Livingston will once again be the class of 7AA. Smith, York, and Cannon will battle for 3 thru 5. I suspect Dekalb will get their first district win in a long time this year.

Who wins this district this season?

Upperman

Livingston

Smith County

York

Cannon County

Macon County

Dekalb County

Livingston and Upperman will be the class of the league, no doubt.

Smith County with the addition of Carr will be in position to quite possibly compete with the top two.

York- If the young post player can contribute big by tournament time York could be a tourney contender.

Cannon- Lot of good young kids, should be exciting to watch.

Macon- Always dangerous because of good post play and stable guards

DeKalb- Watch out. If they improve as much this season as last year they will get a district win (s).

Should be another great year of girls basketball in 7-AA. Could be more level of a playing field from top to bottom in a long time. Upperman, being the reigning champs have a great chance to repeat as they return practically everyone. LA should challenge as the return practically everyone. York will be good again and I think they only lost one starter from last season. Smith will be better this year too with adding Carr to the team. Cannon and Macon can potentially play a part in who wins the district as they could knock one of the top 3 off this season. Dekalb may just break the drought this year. Can't wait!

uperman will be very good but I saw some very young talent on LA's team that I look to be a lot better,and I believe they will split in regular season but by tourney time I'LL go with lady wildcats. 8 or 9 deep well coached and seveal girls got extensive playing time last year, look for sells and mahaney to really step up neither started last year but was always ready when called on and have a years experience now at high school level of play.Uperman has best individual player in district but LA more players that will contribute. 3-5 is whoever wants it most all pretty even but all well behind the top two. Dekalb will be better but has a uphill battle in this district.

1. Upperman

2. Livingston

3. Smith County

4. Cannon County

5. York

6. Macon County

7. Dekalb County

Upperman and Livingston will once again be the class of 7AA. Smith, York, and Cannon will battle for 3 thru 5. I suspect Dekalb will get their first district win in a long time this year.

The last time Dekalb Co. High School did anything at all was when a coach by the name of Mickey Bilyeu was their coach. The District had White Co., York., Smith Co., Livingston, Cannon Co, Dekalb Co., and Jackson Co. He took Dekalb to the Sub-State, Regional Finals, and finished in the top 3 teams in the district year -in and year -out from the mid-1970's to the mid 1980's. They over doubled the number of wins during the time he was there compared to the previous 10yrs. and they beat some big name schools. At that time he was defeating teams out of that district who had top 10 ratings by USA Today in the nation (Livingston, Cannon Co. and York) and was also defeating top 10 teams in the state such as Rickman High School, Livingston, Cannon Co., Huntland, Warren Co. Cookeville, etc. I just wanted to mention this in that everyone always thinks that Dekalb had been down forever but at one time they were "whipping people."