Week 10 Big Games in Memphis

kwc

I agree with all of your picks. Kirby may have one last upset up their sleeve.

You know something ... Kirby has a lot of talent comming back and beating Collierville in the last game of the season could really have a positive affect on the team in the spring and then in the following summer. I don't think Kirby will roll over in this game. I'm interested in watching how this plays out. Kirby is already knocking on the door with the 8-5A elite. They aren't winning any of these games ... but they are competing a whole lot better then in years past. To go from 1-9 in the year prior to this one and turn it into a probable 5-5 year; possibly 6-4, is quite a feat in my book ... with optimisim for the future.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WSHS vs Houston is like a playoff game for houston. they know what is at stake. They have known since the germantown game what they had to do. I gotta pick houston in a close one here. Agree with your other picks kwc.

Houston's back is against the wall here isn't it? They have no choice but to come out with guns ablazin'. Will Houston be able to slow down Burton and Co. is the question. That is a very tall order.

Week 10 in Memphis and the surrounding areas and it's do or die for certain teams. Let's take a look shall we?

Millington (7-5A) vs Cordova (7-5A): @ Cordova

Millington, 9-0, has to go on the road and play Cordova, 8-1. Cordova's only loss came at the beginning of the season to a defensivly minded ECS team. Since then, Cordova has reeled off eight in a row. Millington has rolled over it's opposition except for Craigmont and Ridgeway. Cordova has dominated it's opposition except for Craigmont and Bolton. Both teams have very good defenses and they have exhibited the ability to score. Millington has a propensity to run more then pass. Cordova is a little more blanaced. Since this is in Cordova that will give them a slight edge. The winner is the top seed in 7-5A and the loser is 2nd fiddle. Cordova is playing for respect. I suspect that Cordova is going to stack the box and everybody is going to be keeping an eye on one Mr. Tausean Holmes. Millington and Cordova have both won close games but Millington's offense has been more explosive overall. There is a thread on this very game.

Pick: Millington

Houston (8-5A) vs White Station (8-5A): @ Houston

Houston, 7-2, could be eliminated from the playoffs at 7-3 if they lose to White Station AND Germantown wins their game. White Station has clinched a spot in the playoffs but a victory will garuntee them a seed no lower then 2nd. Home field advantage is a big plus during the playoffs so this is a must win game for both teams. I think White Stations 'D' is pretty darn good and will be the difference in this game.

Pick: White Station

Kirby (8-5A) vs Collierville (8-5A): @ Collierville

Kirby, 5-4, has been mathmatically eliminated from the playoffs. Collierville, 5-4, still has a chance to play in the post season but they have to beat Kirby. They have to win their game and they have to hope that White Station and Germantown win their games as well. I think Collierville plays like it's life depends upon them winning this game. If Collierville wins and White Staion wins ... Houston is eliminated. Kirby's motivation is to play spoiler.

Pick: Collierville

Germantown (8-5A) vs Hamilton (8-5A): @ Germantown

Germantown, 7-2, host Hamliton, 2-7. This is no brainer but I mentioned it because it will have a definate effect on the playoff seeding in region 8-5A.

Pick Germantown

Whitehaven (8-5A) vs Wooddale (8-5A): @ Halle

Whitehaven, 8-1, travels to Halle to play Wooddale, 0-9. This is another no brainer but this game has 8-5A playoff implications.

Pick: Whitehaven

Side Note:

The Wooddale/Hamilton game last week was not reported in the Commercial Appeal. TSSAA does not have a score on this game and neither does Coacht. The records that I indicated for each team in these scenerios were a result of me assuming that Hamilton beat Wooddale. I have no idea who won that game or what the score was ... and it appears that I am not the only one in the dark about this game. It's a shame that something like this could even happen!

Melrose (8-4A) vs East (8-4A): @ Melrose

This game has already been discussed exhaustively in another thread tittle 7-4A vs 8-4A, so i will cut to the chase; Both teams have played excpetionally well but I think Melrose's defense will put them over the top.

Pick: Melrose

ECS (D2-2A West) vs Briarcrest (D2-2A West): @ ECS

ECS, 7-2, has only lost to region foes MUS and CBHS. Briarcrest, 6-3, has fallen to BGA, USJ, nad MUS. This is a must win game for ECS to make it to the playoffs. Briarcrest on the otherhand is in win or lose because they defeated CBHS. CBHS will be cheering for Briarcreast as well because a Briarcrest loss eliminates CBHS altogether. A Briarcrest victory makes Briarcrest a 2nd seed; a loss means they are a third seed. All of the incentive is on ECS's side to make it into the post season. The game being played at ECS is a bonus for ECS.

Pick: ECS

So ... according to my picks region playoff seeding for 8-5A will be as follows:

WhitehavenWhite StationGermantownCollierville

According to my selections the seeding for 7-5A will be as follows:

MillingtonCordovaRidgewayCraigmont

According to my selections and assumming Kingsbury beats Raleigh Egypt, 8-4A will be seeded as follows:

FairleyMelroseEastKingsbury

Also, according to my selections D2-2A West seeding will be as follows:

MUSECSBriarcrest

That's it for me ... what do you guys think?

I'm going with Millington, White Station, Collierville, Germantown, Whitehaven, Melrose and of course, ECS baby! Looks like I agree with all your picks.

kwc, i saw this drop to the second page so here are my thoughts to get the thread back on the front page.

Millington

Houston, I only lean this way because of home field and coaching

Collierville, This sould change before kickoff because i was told today that C-Villes starting Qb is out with injury which changes things

Whitehaven

Melrose

Briarcrest if they have their starting QB he was injured

Good luck and Good health to all players

Man, it is hard getting a little respect around here. It seems that everyone thinks Melrose will beat East without a doubt. I'm not complaining, you have to beat the Big Dog to be the Big Dog. So, it will be interesting to see what is said if East does come out on top. Getcha popcorn ready!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

It sure was nice to be at practice today at Whitehaven and see everyone healthy. Jeremy Pryor (6-4) the big play receiver for the Tigers who has been out since the Houston game practiced full pads for the first time. Cortez Mosby was in full pads after sitting out of the G-Town game as well was starting QB Fred Flanorl. I am very excited about our chances this post season. Let's get it started,but first we have to take care of Woodale.