Liberty Play-day

ready4boro

Humboldt played about as sorry and out of sync as possible the first two games. Never got into the flow of the game, but Bolivar and Liberty probably had a little to do with that.

The "little" left handed guard is Antonio Brooks. He is a 5'2 Freshman, but he doesn't know it /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> He's going to give people fits the next couple years! He hit 5 threes in the first half the last game against Austin-East. Humboldt beat them by over 20.

He has some really good range to. I didn't know he was only a freshman. We probably saw the best 2 little men in the state (i'm sure there are others to).....Brooks and Anthony from liberty. They may be underclassmen but they sure do know how to play and both can light it up. These two kids might be short in stature but nothing intimidates them. Both were fun to watch.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point. Especially since I haven't seen the whole team. Maybe I should have stated Lopez was the best player there on the AE team. I bet Lopez ends up playing D1 though. I really didn't see anybody that could stop Lopez from getting to the hole or doing what he wanted to do. Austin East was certainly undermannned. I was basing my opinion on his play and that he still has three full seasons of highschool in front of him..and to play like that...he has a ton of upside. I bet by the time he finishes highschool he will have plenty of schools vying for his services. what do you thinkg?

I think you're on point with your breakdown of Lopez. He's tough as nails and it sounds like he's only getting better. The guys missing for AE will make them very good.....

Humboldt looked so bad against Liberty and Bol?­var it took me two days to post about it. Lol!! Humboldt might not beat LC. Liberty would have beat them by 30 if they didn??™t put there bench in.

Humboldt if this your best team in 20yrs then yall in bad shape!!!!!!

At least I know they can have a bad day..! I was beginning to worry if this was their best team in a decade..that Humboldt may beat those teams ,even if it was against bigger schools..I was assumming that Liberty may not be as good as the Liberty teams from a few seasons ago,although I'm sure they're still a darn good team...But my thinking was that if this Humboldt team was the best team in a decade..that the Liberty team that won the State would have beaten this years Humboldt team ..but could have been a decent game...So maybe with this years Liberty team not being as good as that Liberty team,that Humboldt had a chance..I really thought Humboldt may could have won these games going in,especially with Bolivar being without its star player.....So..Humboldt may still beat Lake Co but who knows?They should if it's their best team because I'm not sure this Lake Co team is better than last year ,losing Channen Geanes..!..But it was just a scrimmage and very early so time will tell...But Humboldt should be ahead of Lake Co with them having all their basketball players available and most of Lake Co's still playing football !

I saw the coming of Legend onto coacht bashing Humboldt once again. I know what Humboldt has this year and I DON'T think it's their best team in decades. You've got to remember the years of Joe Shivers and Toylon Smith and all them. Those were some very good teams!

mrbigster, can you do me a HUGE favor and find out what time the LC scrimmage is at GC today!? I've text everyone trying to find out and either they haven't answered or they don't know.

I saw the coming of Legend onto coacht bashing Humboldt once again. I know what Humboldt has this year and I DON'T think it's their best team in decades. You've got to remember the years of Joe Shivers and Toylon Smith and all them. Those were some very good teams!

mrbigster, can you do me a HUGE favor and find out what time the LC scrimmage is at GC today!? I've text everyone trying to find out and either they haven't answered or they don't know.

I'll try now..Didn't knw they were playing..Wish I'd known earlier..Avery may not be plaing today if they do as well..Rumour at the football game was that he missed class or school or something..Can't remember for sure but heard he was suspende..May just be a couple days and not sure !

I'll try now..Didn't knw they were playing..Wish I'd known earlier..Avery may not be plaing today if they do as well..Rumour at the football game was that he missed class or school or something..Can't remember for sure but heard he was suspended..May just be a couple days and not sure !

Just called Lake co high school and was told the scrimmage would be about 3:30 !

Well, I just got a text back from my brother who works at GC. He said the scrimmage was at LC so it doesn't look like I'll be going today, lol... Lake Co.'s a good little drive for a scrimmage.

It is a long way and about 8 players from Lake Co still playing football also..Probably not worth the drive..I live in Newbern so I won't be going either..Had it been at Gibson Co..I could have been there in about 15 or 20 minutes...