Clinton at Rhea County

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Officiating has been pretty rough this year.

Yes, yes, it has. A couple of times I thought they were doing "rock paper scissors" out there in their group huddle to decide the call. It's been like a comedy show a couple of times.

the owls wish you the best of luck in the play offs rhea county

Thanks for the well wishes from Hooterville. We wish you guys luck, too. And congrats on your region championship!

/motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> This is my first post, even though I read the message board on a regular basis. I just wanted to say that I am glad we have the support from other teams. I think the boys have a good chance at winning Friday with the home field advantage. Sure do like not having to make the trip to good ole Maryville! Boy, it sure feels good to be associated with Region Champs! I hope the community will join all the fans in supporting these players and coaches. It would be great if they could have a pep ralley and really get the school involved! The punishment that started 2 years ago needs to come to an end. Looking forward to a great game on Friday and hope we can pack the home side to cheer on this great group of young men as they move one step closer to Murfreesburo! /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

Go Eagles! Good Luck!

Welcome, buford! Glad you decided to participate.

It does mean a lot to have the support of other schools in the area. I remember when we went to state way back in 1982, I think. We were at Vanderbilt playing Overton and there were a bunch of Red Bank players there cheering for our team. It was awesome and meant a lot. Man, that was a magical season!

i hope kerr also has tales of steroid abuse amongst his players to tell to his grandchildren some day too. why dont you go back to your own thread, i went and checked it out and there's only like 6 comments so im sure they could use a few of your ignorant statements over there, i also noticed while i was over there that there wasnt a single negative comment from any clinton posters on there. seems like the team that lost would be the bitter one but i guess you just cant let it die. i agree with dragontale though i think next year will be the first of several wins to come by clinton, this years team has improved greatly and will keep most of its starters. i will admit of all the teams Clinton plays i hate AC the most but you dont see me or any of the rest of us coming on your threads and wishing the other teams goodluck or talkin smack about you guys so why dont you just head back over to your side. F.A.C 4 life!!!

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!Classy remarks, ethel. Our kids bones aren't the ones snapping like toothpicks, as far as your little nasty remarks about steroids go. So touchy! Watch your mouth, now! Clinton has run their mouth and talked plenty smack about AC enough over the years and said a lot worse things than wishing opposing teams "good luck". You guys just couldn't back it up. Next year, next year, next year......... Wonder what that "F" stands for? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" You think coachT might know? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Welcome, buford! Glad you decided to participate.

It does mean a lot to have the support of other schools in the area. I remember when we went to state way back in 1982, I think. We were at Vanderbilt playing Overton and there were a bunch of Red Bank players there cheering for our team. It was awesome and meant a lot. Man, that was a magical season!

Yeah I remember things like that from 1985 and how the entire community was behind us. And oh, the excitement that was in the halls of RCHS! I really hate that these kids, players and students have to miss out on how things were back then. It's really sad. No pep ralleys, pep buses, band marching in the hall, etc.... I would like for this team to see that.

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!Classy remarks, ethel. Our kids bones aren't the ones snapping like toothpicks, as far as your little nasty remarks about steroids go. So touchy! Watch your mouth, now! Clinton has run their mouth and talked plenty smack about AC enough over the years and said a lot worse things than wishing opposing teams "good luck". You guys just couldn't back it up. Next year, next year, next year......... Wonder what that "F" stands for? You think coachT might know? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

i honestly could care less if they do know what it means, its how i feel and i wont hide it, its hard for me to not hate the team that stabbed its flag in the middle of the field i love my junior year. And as for the Steroids remark yeah it was out of line but its also a well known and accepted fact and pretty much any former AC player will tell you that theres alot of truth to it, i notice in your rebuttal you never denied it. i realize in my anger i stooped to the level of a maverick /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> and i sincerely apoligize to the clinton faithful for doing so but theres really no need for you to come on here saying absurd things about clinton and actin like you guys dominated us this season when it was only a 2 point win. i know a win is a win but that was a very young dragon team who has grown alot and in my opinion would be able to beat AC quite handily at this point in the season. but i am going to forget all this personal hate and get back to the game at hand. i still feel strongly that clinton will win this game due to a strong game by stone who will be looking to redeem himself for the costly int's against powell. and as for Oppressed238 i wish the best to the mavericks against Carter and i no longer wish to argue with you because we both know it wont help and we'll both always feel the same about each others team.

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!Classy remarks, ethel. Our kids bones aren't the ones snapping like toothpicks, as far as your little nasty remarks about steroids go. So touchy! Watch your mouth, now! Clinton has run their mouth and talked plenty smack about AC enough over the years and said a lot worse things than wishing opposing teams "good luck". You guys just couldn't back it up. Next year, next year, next year......... Wonder what that "F" stands for? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" You think coachT might know? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

did you just attribute your team's health to steroid use? sweet!

I have no problem with fans or students who give their opinion on calls-it's the way they do it that I have issues with. Show your displeasure, remind them their flags are in their back pockets, boo if you have to. But the cursing - especially from a student section - is really uncool in my book. Doesn't reflect well on a school or its team at all. I have younger children that attend the games and I don't think it's cool when people are unruly. It's a high school sporting event, for pete's sake.

Anyway, bring your fans, Clinton. We'll have out the welcome mat.

i really wish i could come to this one. i hear rhea county is a really great atmosphere for a high school football game. as far as the student section goes, clinton's has been known to be wild, but mainly the unruliness comes when the dragons play oak ridge...not saying it's right, just saying it happens...

i trust that fans on both sides of this one will do it right....good luck to both teams, but i hope the dragons have a little more luck when it comes to the outcome of the game.

i honestly could care less if they do know what it means, its how i feel and i wont hide it, its hard for me to not hate the team that stabbed its flag in the middle of the field i love my junior year. And as for the Steroids remark yeah it was out of line but its also a well known and accepted fact and pretty much any former AC player will tell you that theres alot of truth to it, i notice in your rebuttal you never denied it. i realize in my anger i stooped to the level of a maverick /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> and i sincerely apoligize to the clinton faithful for doing so but theres really no need for you to come on here saying absurd things about clinton and actin like you guys dominated us this season when it was only a 2 point win. i know a win is a win but that was a very young dragon team who has grown alot and in my opinion would be able to beat AC quite handily at this point in the season. but i am going to forget all this personal hate and get back to the game at hand. i still feel strongly that clinton will win this game due to a strong game by stone who will be looking to redeem himself for the costly int's against powell. and as for Oppressed238 i wish the best to the mavericks against Carter and i no longer wish to argue with you because we both know it wont help and we'll both always feel the same about each others team.

How can I deny or acknowledge the fact about steriod use when I have never personally seen it? Have you personally witnessed such? And if so, why did you not report it to the appropriate authorities? Just speculation or hear say on your part? Afraid to be held accountable for the untrue statements you make? Any excuse for a loss, I guess. (Oh, they were bigger and stronger than us...must be the steriods.) Here's a thought...maybe those kids busted their behinds in the weight room over the summer??!!!! Why are you apologizing to the Clinton faithful when you should be apologizing for spreading ugly tales that you can not verify about the Mavericks, to the Mavericks.I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't think Clinton, at this point in the season, could handily beat the Mavs. We'll just agree to disagree on that point. You make "steroid" comments then come around with comments like "I stooped to the level of a Maverick" and you wonder why both teams"hate" each other. Well, at least you are man enough to wish the Mavs your "best" in the game against Carter. And you are correct, I will always feel the Mavs are the better team. On and off the field.