Stone vs. CCHS, King of The Mountain

PantherMa

this game is a joke to most teams and out of county people, but who cares, its what we look forward to. so far Stone has won the past 2 years, BUT they have had a horrible season due to coaches and coach's decisions to start freshmen and the number 1 toughest schedule in the state. but on the other hand CCHS has a mark in the win column this year which is more than what Stone can say. Usually i would get on here and say, ya Stone has a good chance of winning and that its gonna happen, but this year, with our coaches and all that, i dont know who we are anymore, but i heard CCHS lost a couple guys that really helped them. its gonna be a packed stadium and hopefully a good game with respect on the field, because thats what the fans want to see if they have to come out in some 30 or 40 somethin degree weather(maybe go into overtime for more excitement). what does everybody think is gonna happen? look forward to hearing

i cant really make a prediction, but if our offense actually plays (unlike theyve been doing) and our defense can stop the run.......

Stone 21

CCHS 14

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first game doesnt count in the records because it was a jv game so Stone has a 1-0 all time series lead

I had forgot that stone played a Jv schedule the first year, 06 I believe. So this means that stone has not won a varsity game except against the other team from Cumberland County, and the whole county has only won one game outside of cumberland county in 3 years. So the county record for the last 3 years is 2 and 46 going into this game. WOW!!. What needs to be done to fix this problem. I haven't seen them play this year, but I have checked some stats for the last couple of years. CCHS closest score is 14 points for the last 3 yrs. except for the win against White. IS the talent that low or just not very physical or what, Are they prepared, is there an off-season program. Stone is getting outscored about 6 to 42. CCHS statistically is playing better defense but has a hard time scoring as well. In the late 70's and early 80's CCHS was always very physical.(moved and haven't been able to see them play very much). Is that not the case anymore for the kids from Cumberland County?

Just going by stats

CCHS 21,

Stone 7

I had forgot that stone played a Jv schedule the first year, 06 I believe. So this means that stone has not won a varsity game except against the other team from Cumberland County, and the whole county has only won one game outside of cumberland county in 3 years. So the county record for the last 3 years is 2 and 46 going into this game. WOW!!. What needs to be done to fix this problem. I haven't seen them play this year, but I have checked some stats for the last couple of years. CCHS closest score is 14 points for the last 3 yrs. except for the win against White. IS the talent that low or just not very physical or what, Are they prepared, is there an off-season program. Stone is getting outscored about 6 to 42. CCHS statistically is playing better defense but has a hard time scoring as well. In the late 70's and early 80's CCHS was always very physical.(moved and haven't been able to see them play very much). Is that not the case anymore for the kids from Cumberland County?

Just going by stats

CCHS 21,

Stone 7

CCHS and Stone need to do the same thing Bledsoe Co. needs to do......go as far out of there own county as they can and hire a FOOTBALL COACH......not just someone to feel a teaching position or just to coach because thats all they can get.......all 3 of these schools need to do it.....and the 2 cumberland co schools have enough young men in there schools to have a good team every year......GO GET A REAL COACH.....I KNOW WE NEED TO.

Just going by stats

CCHS 21,

Stone 7

Yes Stone played a JV schedule, a first year team with no Seniors. The season did not go into all record books, but some of the games did, the ones against the private schools. I have reviewed 2006 and Stone played 6 JV games and 4 Varsity games.

Kingston-jv-W

DCA-Varsity-L

Sequoyah-not sure so we will say jv- W

Cumberland Co.- Varsity- W

Mid. TN Christian- Varsity- W

Scott Co. -JV - W

Cookeville- jv- L

Warren Co.-jv-W

East Ridge- not sure, so will say jv-W

Community HS- Varsity-W

The first real Varsity year started off terrible for Stone, leading rusher can not return (grades), QB out broken collarbone in the last scrimmage, Middle LB at about 75% with ankle injury all season ( missed two games), FB at about 75% with bad ankles all season and the list went on. I really thought the this team would be 5-5 or 6-5 in the first year, but we went 1-9 with several very close games. This team has two boys playing in college, one at Methodist in Fayetteville, NC and one at Samford in Birmingham, AL.

This team has talent. I think they are lacking discipline, from the weight room to the way they approach the game.

Coaching? Everone has their opinion.

I have lost touch with CCHS, but have heard that they have improved.

This year, I just do not know who will win, I think it will be a close game. I is just a shame that the season opener gets moved to the "it does not count" column because for what the school board did by not opening schools on time.

I will have to go with CCHS over Stone in a real close game.

It's going to take time to turn Stone Memorial into a football school. They have a great situation up there as far as facilities and # of kids. It would definitely be a coaches dream to have the chance to build Stone into what could be a state power. And all of that depends on how bad the school officials want this for their kids.