Wilson Central @ Lincoln County

WCfan09

Man Mom You are certainly singing a different song since your posts after you played Cookeville..You sure were proud of your coaches then. I think Cookeville went on to the 2nd round! Wow! You never know.

Well, yes I am always proud of the team. What I said about the coaches was that they accomplished and did what I felt needed to be done to win. They changed things up, the team had spirit and worked together, etc. Same things I have said there. Only say the same things over and over. You need to read back =)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Intensity is different then body slamming your own players during tackeling in practice. To be honest, I was that impressed with WC either. The quarterback was off quite a bit. The special teams were pretty good. Your run defense was ok...but had seen better in our own conference. You have an awesome kicker/fgk. I was very impressed with him. You also have a lot of speed, however, our speed seemed to keep up pretty well. Your backs seemed to cut quicker and your passing defense was pretty good, but we have someone better. I don't feel like we played our best, that is for sure. We had too many hurt and sore from the battering during the week. I think our team was tired and they just weren't at their best because to be honest, if they played you, like they played against Cookeville and Coffee County, the score would have been MUCH closer, if not ending up with us in a slight lead.

Do you have proof of this "body slamming"? I think you would be better received if you posted congrats to the opposing team and focused on what the team could work on instead of trying to draw the ire of everyone by criticizing the coaches.

It's amazing that when I speak in defense of our team, no one supports me. When I speak positively of our team, no one supports me, but let me say anything not part of the good ole' boys club wants said, and woe be me! I speak the truth, not caring about the good ole boys club. You don't matter to me. LCHS matters to me. The Falcons matter to me. I want what is best for them. I said that if they had spirit (no spirit), if coach changed things up (he did change some things up, be reverted) and if they players could work together (again, look of seperatism among players and arguing). But enough said. The season is over. We have almost 1/2 the team leaving as seniors and several talking about NOT coming back because they are tired of the same ole' same ole'. My son still wants to play and will play. He loves the game.

Mom you sound just like a Mom. It ain't got nothing to do with a good ole boy club. You just are talking 9-9. Which anyone will tell you equals nothing. Your guys had a ton of spirit. They hollered the whole time they stretched and through out the game. And so did a bunch of your fans. The Falcons were fired upfor this game. And if you guys were beat up you sure played the same folks you had all year. So who was beat up???? Ya'll have a fine team. It just was not ya'lls night. Your name doesn't have to be FalconsMoM, Ray Charles could see from the grave that you have a son on the team. Don't be like Oakland and be biased all the time. Ya'lls Coach does a great job and ya'll have a durn fine football team. Only 32 teams made the playoffs. Be glad you guys were in. TONS of teams would swap places with you!!!!!

Mom you sound just like a Mom. It ain't got nothing to do with a good ole boy club. You just are talking 9-9. Which anyone will tell you equals nothing. Your guys had a ton of spirit. They hollered the whole time they stretched and through out the game. And so did a bunch of your fans. The Falcons were fired upfor this game. And if you guys were beat up you sure played the same folks you had all year. So who was beat up???? Ya'll have a fine team. It just was not ya'lls night. Your name doesn't have to be FalconsMoM, Ray Charles could see from the grave that you have a son on the team. Don't be like Oakland and be biased all the time. Ya'lls Coach does a great job and ya'll have a durn fine football team. Only 32 teams made the playoffs. Be glad you guys were in. TONS of teams would swap places with you!!!!!

once again very much agreed!

and come on the falcons fans were on the visitors side yelling for Centrals coach to go get the ref lol come on what is that seriously

Intensity is different then body slamming your own players during tackeling in practice. To be honest, I was that impressed with WC either. The quarterback was off quite a bit. The special teams were pretty good. Your run defense was ok...but had seen better in our own conference. You have an awesome kicker/fgk. I was very impressed with him. You also have a lot of speed, however, our speed seemed to keep up pretty well. Your backs seemed to cut quicker and your passing defense was pretty good, but we have someone better. I don't feel like we played our best, that is for sure. We had too many hurt and sore from the battering during the week. I think our team was tired and they just weren't at their best because to be honest, if they played you, like they played against Cookeville and Coffee County, the score would have been MUCH closer, if not ending up with us in a slight lead.

If they would have played like they did against Coffee County ?

Wilson Central beat Coffee Co. 49 - 14

And that was with there second string in during whole second half.

Lincoln County would not have beat them either way.

If they would have played like they did against Coffee County ?

Wilson Central beat Coffee Co. 49 - 14

And that was with there second string in during whole second half.

Lincoln County would not have beat them either way.

In the CC-WC game, the announcer at Wilson Central made a big deal of them putting in a Freshman in the 4th qtr. I told him after the game that we had Freshman playing in the 1st qtr. Wilson, Smyrna, and Oakland may be the best 5A teams in the state. Too bad they're in the same region. We played some good games this season, and we played some really bad ones. The LC game was by far our worst. We played better against WC, just weren't in their league.

LC was in the game physically, made some mental mistakes, which happens, and I don't know the exact stats but I'd guess basically gave up 17 first half points on less than 100 yards of WC offense. Fumbled punt return by LC, big punt return by WC, interception near the end of the first half. After WC discovered the weakside fullback trap in the 2nd half, and LC failed to adjust until too late, it was pretty well over and you could see a visible let down, for whatever reason. I didn't see all LC's games, but the WC 2nd half was the worst I'd seen from them this year. Maybe in several years. But that happens, and WC did have something to do with it (stuffed our run game when our QB was off, the FB trap, etc.). Saying all that to say the score shouldn't necessarily have been as bad as it was, at least at the half.

But it was a good year, a championship year, and better to be playing this week than being at home (as my other team was).