McKenzie at Manassas

duckman38201

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats folks ideas and opinions on the game. I don't care for playing in Memphis at all but, that's part of the deal. What about Manassas' team? I've heard that they are big up front. What else they got going on. Who in Region 7 do they best compare to if anyone knows.

They are extremely fast and elusive. Their RB James King is very talented and hard to contain. In my opinion they are a very good football team having scrimmaged them earlier. Also one of my former players plays for them.

They are extremely fast and elusive. Their RB James King is very talented and hard to contain. In my opinion they are a very good football team having scrimmaged them earlier. Also one of my former players plays for them.

I agree, they are very fast and elusive...and they dress out about 60-70 players. The King kid is for real. FA could not catch him all night (you might want to watch some of his footage on you tube)....he has a number of D1 scools giving him looks from what one of the teams parents told me that night.

They play a lot of guys, FA was up 28-21 at halftime and ran out of steam the second half from chasing those guys all over the field. The QB is also pretty talented and can throw the ball pretty well when he needs too. They have a couple of kids that can catch the ball well and when they do....they are hard to tackle. The line is very big, but not real fast.

Whats folks ideas and opinions on the game. I don't care for playing in Memphis at all but, that's part of the deal. What about Manassas' team? I've heard that they are big up front. What else they got going on. Who in Region 7 do they best compare to if anyone knows.

Tigertiger probably could post something as Halls has played both Lake Co and Manassas..I know Halls beat Lake Co and lost to Manassas but can throw that out the window now...Lake Co has won 5 games in a row since then and is playing better on defense..Also ..if you did want to compare those game..would also have to compare TCA and Manassas which TCA won by 1 point and TCA and Halls which Halls won by 9...So...if McKenzie goes and plays like they're capable..I look for the Rebels to come away with a close win..!I would expect the officials to come from Middle Tenn..not the Memphis area !

I agree, they are very fast and elusive...and they dress out about 60-70 players.

Manassas definitely has speed on their team, they've got a good quarterback and running back but from what I saw Friday when they played Treadwell, they had no where near 60-70 players (the had around 40) and they don't have anything we haven't seen before, and Treadwell kept the game close until till the later part of the game. They've got one really really good lineman that really sticks out, #77. He's got some speed for his size and will be formidable for the Rebels.

However, the defense is another story, the defense is a little slow so they might find it difficult to stop the Rebels. So basically, this game could really turn into a defensive contest because both offenses can exploit weaknesses of the defenses.

The Rebels have got to come out ready to play this Friday because Manassas won't be cake walk by any means. Funny though how Manassas shouldn't even be in Class A, they've got around 700 kids but oh well, thats the TSSAA for you.

Play hard Rebs.

This should really be a good game. I have no idea what McKenzie has other than just what I've read here all season.

Manassas is very quick...up front and in the backfield. They are the only team that has been fast enough to get in our backfield and blow up just about every pass play we put on them. Our QB had no time...zero.

As far as their offense, nobody talks about THEIR quarterback. He is very quick and can throw the ball when they have to, which isn't too much because his speed and King's have them running up and down the field. That said, we were down just 12-7 at the half and only allowed two more scores in the second half. We would have King and their QB bottled up and then BAM they would cut back to the opposite side of the field and scamper for 25 or 30 yards. That was tough to take as we would get them pinned in and they'd be going the other way in a minute.

Their right guard is the key to their offense if you ask me. I'd have my linebackers key on his movement as they always seem to run to his side and they like to pull him to the left a bunch.

Our offense couldn't move the ball at all...zero...oh wait, I said that already. They are by far the fastest team we saw all year. I'm hoping that game prepared us for Union City.

Manassas definitely has speed on their team, they've got a good quarterback and running back but from what I saw Friday when they played Treadwell, they had no where near 60-70 players (the had around 40) and they don't have anything we haven't seen before, and Treadwell kept the game close until till the later part of the game. They've got one really really good lineman that really sticks out, #77. He's got some speed for his size and will be formidable for the Rebels.

However, the defense is another story, the defense is a little slow so they might find it difficult to stop the Rebels. So basically, this game could really turn into a defensive contest because both offenses can exploit weaknesses of the defenses.

The Rebels have got to come out ready to play this Friday because Manassas won't be cake walk by any means. Funny though how Manassas shouldn't even be in Class A, they've got around 700 kids but oh well, thats the TSSAA for you.

Play hard Rebs.

I know Manassas is looking very forward to this game. Just a couple of points to consider. Manassas dress 52, not 40 and not 65. Also, against Treadwell and Frayser, 5 defensive starters didn't dress. They will this Friday.

Also, Manassas has a brand new schhol and Memphis has open enrollment for incoming freshmen. So, it is the freshman class that has put enrollment up to 650 or so. The freshman class is larger than the Soph, junior, and senior classes all combined. So, while that certainly affects things for next year, it really has very little impact for this year's team as only 6 freshmen are on it.

It will be a good game, and Manassas has a ton of respect for McKenzie - looks like a classic is brewing and I can't wait to see it.

We too have a ton of respects for Manassas Football Program. The season their having wasn't given to them I'm sure. I've heard us Rebels have gotten a bad drawn with this game. Well the way I look at it, it goes both ways. I peronnally think we have a team capable of going pretty far in the playoffs. We may not have size of Manassas, but I promise we have a huge heart and will to win. Overall we have become more balanced on offense and defense has just gotten stronger. Cannot key on one person on offense, between the brusier fullback, lightning quick runningback and quarterback that can run or throw and the north south back we have, it's going to be tough for them to contain it all. I see us scoring and if the defense,which is pretty fast itself and will thump some heads, plays like it has been we will come out on top. MCK-32 MAN-20

Good luck to both teams and a play safe injury free ball.

GO BIG RED................................

Im sorry for the Rebel fans that have to go to Memphis this week. However, yall have some of the best fans in West Tennessee, hope yall got your voices ready and throats cleared, cause this mite be the best game of the night!

Mannassas has 3A depth, but only about 9 of them know what they are doing.

TCA out hustled and out coached them earler this year. Mckenzie's coaching staff is top notch and they should put togeather a winning game plan. Mckenzie also plays hard, but if you dont come out and put Manassas on their heels, Manassas will run right by you.

Manassas loves to run the ball out of the I formation. They also love to toss the ball to king to the weak side and pull big number 77 (about 6-5 330) out infront. He can fly too.

Manassas uses the run to set up a little flood route with the tightend and fullback going 5 and 10 yds. If they get loose, they will make people miss down field.

My prediction is Manassas by 9, but if Mckenzie comes to Memphis to win and not to lose, they could easily reverse my prediction. Its going to be a battle... Im praying for an injury free, hard fought football game. May the best team win!