2A Bracket Contest

TNFootballfan7

Yep!........I just picked the team I thought would win, but I knew it would probably force us to travel? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Gotta travel regardless. Its quad 2's turn to host the semi's game whether it is boyd, smith co, tyner, or marion.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so after looking through the topics, I havent seen one yet that was a bracket contest. So make your picks!

#1 Alcoa (H)

#8 Cumberland Gap

#4 Gatlinburg-Pittman (H)

#5 CAK

#3 Loudon (H)

#6 South Greene

#7 West Greene

#2 Happy Valley (H)

#1 Boyd-Buchanan (H)

#8 DCA

#4 Westmoreland (H)

#5 Tyner

#3 Marion County (H)

#6 York

#7 Sequatchie Co.

#2 Smith Co. (H)

#1 Lewis Co. (H)

#8 Waverly

#4 Stewart Co. (H)

#5 Goodpasture

#3 CPA (H)

#6 Hickman Co.

#7 Fairview

#2 Camden (H)

#1 Milan (H)

# 8 BTW

#4 Oakhaven (H)

#5 Westview

#3 USJ (H)

#6 Huntingdon

#7 JCS

#2 Carver (H)

ok so i'll take:

2nd round

Alcoa

GP

Loudon

Happy Valley

Boyd-Buchanan

Westmoreland

Marion co

Smith co

Lewis co

Stewart co

Hickman co

Camden

Milan

Wesview

USJ

JCS

3rd round

Alcoa

Loudon

Westmoreland

Smith co

Lewis co

Camden

Milan

USJ

4th round

Alcoa

Westmoreland

Lewis co

Milan

State championship

Alcoa

Milan

with Milan winning by less than 7

Gotta travel regardless. Its quad 2's turn to host the semi's game whether it is boyd, smith co, tyner, or marion.

I think you will find for 2A that the TSSAA changed the rules for semis. For 2A only it goes by highest seed.

Quote "In Class 2A, the higher seeded team shall be the host school. If the two schools are the same seed, in odd-numbered years the top team in each bracket shall be the host team. In even-numbered years the bottom team in each bracket shall be the host team."

Uh, no we wouldn't if we don't play the #1 seed from quad 2 (if we continue to win). I've posted this on another thread, but here goes again:

"In all Class 1A, 3A, 4A and 5A play-off games, in the first and second rounds the higher seeded team shall be the host school. In the third round and semifinals in odd-numbered years the top team in each bracket shall be the host team. In even-numbered years the procedure shall be rotated in the third round and semifinals.

In the third round and semifinals of Class 1A, 3A, 4A and 5A, if two teams from the same region play each other, the higher seeded team shall be the host.

In Class 2A, the higher seeded team shall be the host school. If the two schools are the same seed, in odd-numbered years the top team in each bracket shall be the host team. In even-numbered years the bottom team in each bracket shall be the host team."

Quoted from TSSAA Football Playoff Checklist: http://tssaa.org/Sports/Football/Instructions/fbchecklst.htm

Uh, no we wouldn't if we don't play the #1 seed from quad 2 (if we continue to win). I've posted this on another thread, but here goes again:

"In all Class 1A, 3A, 4A and 5A play-off games, in the first and second rounds the higher seeded team shall be the host school. In the third round and semifinals in odd-numbered years the top team in each bracket shall be the host team. In even-numbered years the procedure shall be rotated in the third round and semifinals.

In the third round and semifinals of Class 1A, 3A, 4A and 5A, if two teams from the same region play each other, the higher seeded team shall be the host.

In Class 2A, the higher seeded team shall be the host school. If the two schools are the same seed, in odd-numbered years the top team in each bracket shall be the host team. In even-numbered years the bottom team in each bracket shall be the host team."

Quoted from TSSAA Football Playoff Checklist: http://tssaa.org/Sports/Football/Instructions/fbchecklst.htm

Ok my bad...I miss read the fine print sorry!! I messed up. I will admit it. Please forgive me. Thanks for clearing things up for me.

So fan of 2A....are you really? You have Carver over USJ AND Milan?? Really? You must be from the East or Middle because anyone from the west knows that 2A's from Memphis aren't the strongest of opponents.

That being said...my predictions:

Round 2 Match-ups:

#1 Alcoa

#4 Gatlinburg-Pittman

#3 Loudon

#2 Happy Valley

#1 Boyd-Buchanan

#4 Westmoreland

#3 Marion County

#2 Smith Co.

#1 Lewis Co.

#4 Stewart Co.

#3 CPA

#2 Camden

#1 Milan

#5 Westview

#3 USJ

#7 JCS

Round 3 Match-ups:

#1 Alcoa

#3 Loudon

#1 Boyd-Buchanan

#2 Smith Co.

#1 Lewis Co.

#2 Camden

#1 Milan

#7 JCS

Round 4 Match-ups:

#1 Alcoa

#1 Boyd-Buchanan

#1 Lewis Co.

#1 Milan

Round 5 Match-ups:

#1 Alcoa

#1 Milan

State Champs:

Milan by 7 or less.

yea im form the east man...dont know too much about those teams.

No matter who we play , We will not play at home in the Semi Finals , Alcoas Athletic Director confirmed this for me today

If you talked with your AD I think you might want to show him the following out of the TSSAA by-laws:

2008-09 TSSAA Handbook

D. In Class 2A, the higher seeded team shall be the host school. If the two schools are the same seed, in odd-numbered years the top team in each bracket shall be the host team. In even-numbered years the bottom team in each bracket shall be the host team.

With that said - If Boyd isn't the Mid-West Quad winner Alcoa should play the semi-final at home, provided of course you guys are still playing. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> JK

If you talked with your AD I think you might want to show him the following out of the TSSAA by-laws:

2008-09 TSSAA Handbook

D. In Class 2A, the higher seeded team shall be the host school. If the two schools are the same seed, in odd-numbered years the top team in each bracket shall be the host team. In even-numbered years the bottom team in each bracket shall be the host team.

With that said - If Boyd isn't the Mid-West Quad winner Alcoa should play the semi-final at home, provided of course you guys are still playing. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> JK

"In even-numbered years the bottom team in each bracket shall be the host team."

This is an even number year........2008....and in that case we would be playing Boyd Buch , which would be the Bottom team , which would host..............................which means we would travel

"In even-numbered years the bottom team in each bracket shall be the host team."

This is an even number year........2008....and in that case we would be playing Boyd Buch , which would be the Bottom team , which would host..............................which means we would travel

ONLY if the seeds are the same - In every other class there aren't seeds but in 2A every team has a seed. Therefore the only team that can keep you from playing at home is Boyd. I understand you what you are saying I just think you are mistaken.