Sycamore at Howard

Sycamoron52

I will go ahead and say I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but last night, I saw a TEAM of great players beat a group of great athletes. It seemed like Howard was stunned this little team from the sticks actually intended to win the game! I don't think Coach Tarver was ready for that. Howard was not ready for the Sycamore team that showed up.

I am very proud of War Eagles and the coaches for going to a hostile environment and knocking the wind out of their opponent on the OPENING KICKOFF! They were able to keep the Tigers on their heels all night. Great job, Coaches!

Also, it has to be hard on the home team players when the Visitors, from 2 1/2 hours away, bring as many, if not more, fans to watch the game. I'm sure the War Eagle fans had a substantial part in the win, but like they say, "Sycamore travels well". The fans should feel great for the 12th man effort.

Looking forward to Station Camp, THAT is going to be a good game!

Congratulations on a great win. I did underestimate the War Eagles. Good luck against Station Camp. Glad your visit to Howard went well. Fish Sandwiches are Great! Hope you and Dekalb make it to the quarters!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GREAT GAME SYCAMORE. IT MADE THE LONG DRIVE HOME FUN. WE NEED TO KEEP THE 12TH MAN GOING, I WAS TOLD THAT SOME OF THE PLAYERS SAID THAT WE WAS THE LOUDEST THEY EVER HEARD US. I THINK THE BAND IS DOING A GREAT JOB THIS YEAR. ENJOY TO WATCH AND LISTEN TOO THIS YEAR. PLAYERS, CHEERLEADERS, AND BAND KEEP IT UP PROUD OF ALL OF YOU. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I think you have been mis-informed about Howard's coaching. Their line play does get sloppy from time to time, but their QB and backs can use their SPEED to fill the void. Don't get the false assumption that they just have speed, there is more to this bunch than that. I think what smoke is trying to say is that SPEED does become an issue when the ball gets into the secondary, and that my friend is when the action begins. I have not Sycamore play, don't know anything about them - but I do know that Region 4 is tough. Bottom line, it will be hard to win at Howard this year.

Man i hate to say i told you so but i cant resist. Does speed win games now? All im going to say is that i was exactly right in my previous statements. Speed isnt that big of an issue. Coaching is the top priority. The way these teams prepare is what is gonna win games and it was obvious that sycamores coaching staff had this team much more prepared. Either that or Howards coach isn't worth his salt. Good luck next year!

You are crazy howard has class them coaches teaches them alot but sycamore will not win this game howard jst to fast they havent seen speed their speed is like florida howard is jst to fast /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I dont even wanna know who wrote this. All i have to say is howard is not quite up to floridas level and it showed cause the "slower" team of the two man handled the "florid like" team.