How does 10A stack up?

SportsfanTN2010

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McEwen is the outright favorite as they return four starters, including Andrea Hobson, who if she can stay healthy will be District 10A MVP. This is McEwen's best chance for a while at getting to Sub-State. Of course, they would have to go through Forrest, Middle Tennessee Christian, and Cascade from District 9A, which will not be easy. However, if there was a year where they stood the best chance at doing just that, this is it.

Is Hannah still at WHH? Seems like she's been there forever! Redding graduated, right? Who else do they have returning? What about the coach? Wasn't she pregnant at the end of last season?

Hannah is back for her last yr. the coach is also back after giving birth. The team is fairly young but they should be ok this season but who knows. I'm not thinking they will be in the top of district but will most def be competitive and enough for teams to worry about when they play them.

What are some predictions in this district? Just curious. My niece plays for White House Hertiage.

Houston County returns 2 starters, they are young but have a lot of talent. I think they may surprise some people this year. they have a freshman point guard that I saw playing middle school ball that may see some playing time this year that shows real potential. Shes a real ball handler, and can pull up and hit the 3s if she cant get it inside.

McEwen is the outright favorite as they return four starters, including Andrea Hobson, who if she can stay healthy will be District 10A MVP. This is McEwen's best chance for a while at getting to Sub-State. Of course, they would have to go through Forrest, Middle Tennessee Christian, and Cascade from District 9A, which will not be easy. However, if there was a year where they stood the best chance at doing just that, this is it.

White House-Heritage returns 3 starters, Hanna(SR) Upton(SR) Ray(S0) from last years team then Dorris(JR) and Traughber(JR) who were the sixth and seventh player off the bench most of last yr. The first Three had P.T. on the District Championship Team of 2006-07, that team was one win away from the Regional Championship (2pt loss to MTCS). Who then lost to eventual State Champion Forrest.

They WILL be ready for district play. Don't get your hopes up for Hobson getting 10A MVP... she will have to beat out 5 year starter Chelsea Hanna first. I agree with you Hobson is an awsome player. (WH-Heritage is a school that houses 6th grade thru 12th grade hence Hannas 5, Ray played as an 8th grader too )

From McEwen and WH Heritage I believe the compitition level drops off with NCS, Houston Co, Jo Byrns, East Robertson, Clarksville Aca, following somewhere behind them in that order.

It Would be nice to see a push from District 10 A for once in post season. I am tired of dealing with Aunt Kim =)

It is time for BASKETBALL. Good luck to all.

Houston County returns 2 starters, they are young but have a lot of talent. I think they may surprise some people this year. they have a freshman point guard that I saw playing middle school ball that may see some playing time this year that shows real potential. Shes a real ball handler, and can pull up and hit the 3s if she cant get it inside.

I was wondering about the coach at Houston Co? Did he go somewhere else or retire? Who got the head coaching job, one of the assistants from last yr........................

.................ok just answered my own question, looked up houston co girls bball and got the answer .....coach Phillips left Houston Co to go to Todd Co (KY ?). hmmmmm

I'm looking forward to the start of this season. It should be a good one if we stay injury free .

Hall of Fame game at USN tommorrow night will get us off and running.

Go Lady Patriots !!