Maryville-D.B.

STARSNBARS

Maryville had a bitter-sweet scrimmage tonight against DB. First Maryville lost QB Alex Rouse for the season with an ACL. What a tough break for a good player. As far as the scrimmage, Maryville dominated the first team action and lead at halftime 27-0. The final score was 27-12. As MHS played no starters in the 2nd half while DB did. Chris McCord was a standout as well as Rouse before the injury. Carl was his usual hard-running self as getting TD. Cade Thompson came in after the injury to Rouse and threw a nice fade to Merrit for a TD. Thompson has a very nice throwing motion and throws the ball with a lot of velocity. I believe the team will rally now and try to win a 3rd Gold Ball for Rouse. This is a still a very potent team that will have an inexperienced but talented QB, and that's loaded with experience everywhere else. Thompson is a good QB, as he lead the freshman team last season to an undefeated year with an offense that averaged over 50 pts. a game. Plus I think the Maryville D is improving as the 1st D shut out the Indians and played well tonight. Good job guys. Go Rebs.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have been saying it for weeks--DB is weak,period. look at my post from last night. i predicted maryville to win by 4-5 tds. no doubt that the rebs are in their zone. for all those who doubt me, read it and weep. on the gloomer side of things, my prayers are with rouse and his family.

haha, its good to know our second team is good enough to be mistaken for our starters! No starters, not even the junior starters, played the second half of the football scrimmage. I'm very glad it didn't take you long to score on our second, maybe even third string defense. We played sophmores in the third quarter, #56, #7, #10, #13, and #16 etc. were all sophmores and they still held you to only 12 or 18!

Guest AnonFan

It's great how big headed you are! I love it! Maybe one day the coaches @ maryville will teach their line to actually HIT sombody instead of falling on their knees chopping everybody?

Reb fans, we are all jealous of your program. Am I the only one who will admit it? Maryville is outstanding, period. We have scrimmaged Maryville, Austin East, Oakland, Greenville, North Guinnett, and Mccallie. All are good and we did well with all, but bottomline, Maryville is head and shoulders above the rest. I have said it before, You are headed for another state because no 4a school will beat you. Man, sorry to hear about your QB. I hope he is not a SR...

Guest caligula
Posted by STARSNBARS:

Again thanks Mr.Soddy-Daisy. Alex is only a junior. Plus this is only August and he will have plenty of re-hab time. Go Rebs.

I second that. Thanx Anonfan, your name speaks for itself. If they Maryville line was soooooo cheap they would not have won all of the awards at the Furman camp. You are now officially part of the hater club.

Thanks Soddy! Anon, maybe someday you will learn how to be sportsmanlike and accept defeat. Are you going to whine because our O-line manhandled yours? Sure I'm cocky after we win convincingly, I can be! Most times I am not, but on some occasions when people really get to me I can be very cocky and last night I was very upset with the loss of Alex!