Maryville-D.B.

STARSNBARS

I'm not talking about you Rebel, or OldReb, if you want to know who I am talking about, I will do it privately (privatemessage) I really respect you and OldReb, and try and pay more attention to you guys post as opposed to others who haven't been on the site as long, or have just started following it recently.

Do you disagree with what else I wrote, I noticed the other guy wrote a lot of positive things about yall, and yall just focused on the negative.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing wrong with getting kicked out of a game. Yes...you`d hope that it wouldn`t happen, but it is a part of the game. When you are coached to play at the top of your level and to maintain intensity, mistakes happen. It`s just too easy to look at a play in which a kid may make a late hit and a kid gets injured and ridicule that person for being a dirty player. In reality, more kids are hurt during normal, "by the rules" play than they are in such circumstances as the QB from Maryville. Football is inheritantly a dangerous sport. Anytime you intentionally try to slobberknock another person, people will get injured. I`d like to give the DB person the benefit of the doubt and blame it on overzealous intensity.

I know I wasn`t there, but late hits happen all the time. Injuries are also quite frequent. It`s all part of the game. While I`m saddened that the QB was hurt, I`m not gonna chastise the DB kid if he was just playing hard. Sometimes intensity overrides the brain.

Rebelron was right about the Morristown West game. We got on the board and said West beat us everyway possible last year. Outplayed us, outcoached us, you name it, we said it. At the beginning of this thread I said that D-B whipped us in 2000. And this year MHS dominated D-B this time, that's all. Then the next thing you read it's excuse after excuse. Some said MHS played their starters in the 2nd half, which was WRONG. Some people just don't like the truth. Then the sour grapes start flying. We're all just avid fans like you and there just happens to be a lot of us. By the way, I am still waiting to hear from cowboys' on who his team is? Go Rebs.

I agree with a lot of other you said in that post. Rouse is a very athletic quarterback but Nick knew the system like the back of his hand. Nick did things to not get you beat and Alex sometimes forced things. Rouse improved a lot this year. He got bigger,strong and faster.I am not going to say Alex was the most athletic in the state because I haven't seen all of them. I heard the Brentwood quarterback is awesome. I don't think there are many that has the athletic ability that Alex Rouse has. I know I haven't seen any quarterback in years at MHS with Alex's athletic ability.

Colton was a very good linebacker. He will do well at Tech. He didn't have the speed that UT looks for in a linebacker. I guarantee you none will hit you no harder than Colton will!

Fans are biased a lot of times! Me included.

Rebelron good post. You know Alex wasn't listed as one of the top 10 QB'S at Furman for nothing. We're all biased, but I not going to stand by and let people lie about something when that's not the way it is. We're at the top of the pole and if they can't beat you on the field, they'll try to beat you up on the coacht board. Boorelly and Mr. Soddy-Daisy talk straight and don't make excuses and I appreciate that. Go Rebs

I guess because myself and cowboys do not get on here and just praise our teams, we can always point the finger. I don't praise my team only because I don't like my identity strewn out across the state, plus I like the fact I can comment on all players...players from my school, their opponents, or former schools and not worry about sour grapes. When you really think of credible sources on this site in terms of ranking players, Gomab comes to mind. He always puts facts before heart, and I try and do that as well. I have no problem saying my team is or isn't the best in the state...but sometimes your heart gets in the way of your mind.

Posted by TheEgoHasLanded:

I'm not going to say that Maryville is or isn't cheap. But I have noticed that many of the Maryville supporters always defend their team...and possibly to the extreme. I went to a Church of Christ school and played for them for four years. We never had a guy ejected, was their taunting...yes

was there cursing...yes, was there cheap shots...yes, was that a part of the game...yes, Did the fans in the stands hear it...NO, Did the fans in the stands think they heard something...possibly (don't know, don't care). I think MHS fans support their team, and I have nothing wrong with that at all, as long as they keep things in reality I think its perfectly fine. It's one thing to say you guys will win state, might very well do it...quite another to say you guys are the best in the SE, or Nation. I haven't heard that yet, so I don't think you guys are necessarily blind...but I have never seen you guys come on here and say that you simply got whipped or the other team was better (im not even talking just about football). I hear things like Alex Rouse is the most athletic qb in the state, or Colton Baker is the best linebacker in the state..etc.

If Rouse was so good, why didn't he start last year? I'm sure Giles was a great qb, but that just doesn't make sense to me. Why is Baker going to TN Tech (no offense to baker or TN Tech) but that just doesn't live up to the hype that I thought it would? Am I being wrong? I think yall have the second best program in the state behind BA. And I think teams are quick to point a spotlight at you guys and accuse u of cheating or cheapshots or anything else. I wouldn't worry to much about them, or this post...but sometimes it is real hard to understand if you guys are being completely honest, or just being an avid fan (I have that problem alot)

P.S.-I do think yall do a good job of not rubbing it in anyones faces or making teams feel bad, I look forward to seeing you guys play this year.

Being a Morristown West fan and recent graduate...I will say this about Maryville's players. I was one of the guys that stood in the first row of all the games, and gave opposing teams the worst mouthing possible. We would yell and holler at every team we faced. EVERYone of them...EXCEPT Maryville had some lude gesture or we had them rattled. When Maryville came to West in the playoffs last year, me and my friends thought we could get them rattled like we did every other team. That didn't happen. Maryville conducted themselves like Champions (which they are).

And yes..there is gonna be trash talking in any sport. Whether it is underwater-basketweaving or full contact Badminton. So i can see that...cause if my mom heard what i said on a baseball mound at times...I wouldnt be here right now.

When West beat Maryville last season, Maryville had a few guys get on here and said that the west win was a fluke...but that was only one or 2 guys who posted just to start something. But RebelRon and OldReb and others all admitted that West won the game because they did what it took to win...and I along with others from West said that when Maryville beat us in the playoffs that they deserved to win b/c once again they did what it took to win the game. And yes there was some west fans that said that was a fluke due to rain...when we all know it doesnt rain on one team and not the other. The thing is...Everyone of those guys I mentioned (and some I couldnt remember names) have been classy just like the Maryville program. Those guys represent Maryville well. Maryville's football players could have flipped birds and threw things into the student section (like some other teams have in the past), but they didnt...they came in and they got the job done. And when you do that my friend...there is no need for trash talking. I have nothing but respect for one of the finest programs in the state...Maryville High School! I wish ya'll the best of luck. Look forward to seeing yall later on in the season!

[Edited by JHITE7 on 8-19-02 11:13P]

"I'm not going to say that Maryville is or isn't cheap. But I have noticed that many of the Maryville supporters always defend their team...and possibly to the extreme."

Ok that was the real core of what I was saying. But end the end, many fans parents friends teachers or associates do that, I just think it is important for everyone to understand that sometimes people are a little biased on what happened. etc.

Who is crying. I could less Maryville is not in our division. I am a graduate from one of the schools in Maryville. I then graduated from Carson-Newman. This is were I met Quarrels because hecame up to CN camp and a lot of what they run is Newman stuff. Over the last 8 years I have gotten to know him pretty well. If he plays a team that we may face then he lets me gets some game film and vice versa. They do run a lot of seal blocks with the backside cutting. The problem comes when the kids get cunfused and cut the wrong way. Quarrels says that it is honest, hard play and knowing him the way I do I don't dooubt it. But a lot of it is hard nosed kids getting frustrated and taking a little extra shove or punch. and we all know that the officials are not very good. George also handles the discipline within the team which means not a lot leaks out. So some of you parents probably don't know what goes on. There is a thin line between being aggressive and overly aggressive and I think Maryville pushes that line at times. But on the other hand maybe that is what makes them so good!

I don't really have a dog in this race, because I am an Oak Ridge fan. However, Maryville did not appear to play dirty in their scrimmage against Oak Ridge.

When one team is very aggressive and the other is not, people will get hurt and cry foul. Maryville is an aggressive and intense team that plays to win.

Some of the posts on here cry about people getting hit when they aren't looking. :rolleyes: Give me a break! Many of the best hits come when someone does not see it coming! :o That's why you are always taught to keep your head up.

The real truth is this: Fans of any other team would gladly trade places with Maryville fans, cheering for a two-time state champion with a good shot of three-peating!