Coach Don Meyer

warmachine7954

I am late on this even though I have known for some time.

Legendary Coach Don Meyer, formerly of Lipscomb Univ, head coach at Northern State in South Dakota was in an automobile accident in South Dakota that badly injured his leg. While doctors where doing tests for internal injuries they found a very slow growing cancer. Luckily for Coach Meyer they found the cancer, which would have otherwise gone undiscovered. However, due to injury, the doctors amputated his left leg from the knee down.

Coach Meyer is 2nd in NCAA men's basketball wins, retired or active, behind Bobby Knight. Knight has 902

while Meyer has 891. Meyer is the father of Unapproved Website recruiting anaylist and 2 time Mr. Basketball winner Jerry Meyer.

Coach Meyer has effected the state of Tennessee in a great way. Whether it be current high school coaches like, Independence boy's coach, Darren Henrie. TN college coaches, like, Lipscomb assistant and former DC coach, Pete Froedden, Union Univ. Women's coach Mark Campbell or FHU's Men's coach Jason Shelton. Meyer also coached college basketball's 2 all time leading scorers Phillip Hutcheson (4,106 points) and John Pierce (4,230 points), college basketball's all-time steals leader Marcus Bodie (440 steals), college basketball's all time assist leader Jerry Meyer (1314 assists) and college basketball's all time 3pt. scorer, Andy McQueen (515 3's) Coach Meyer is partially responsible for good basketball in TN. Meyer's camps and clinics at Lipscomb were attended by hundreds of TN children that went on to play HS or college ball in TN.

Coach Meyer will return to the sidelines, despite a missing half his leg, on Nov. 6.

I am late on this even though I have known for some time.

Legendary Coach Don Meyer, formerly of Lipscomb Univ, head coach at Northern State in South Dakota was in an automobile accident in South Dakota that badly injured his leg. While doctors where doing tests for internal injuries they found a very slow growing cancer. Luckily for Coach Meyer they found the cancer, which would have otherwise gone undiscovered. However, due to injury, the doctors amputated his left leg from the knee down.

Coach Meyer is 2nd in NCAA men's basketball wins, retired or active, behind Bobby Knight. Knight has 902

while Meyer has 891. Meyer is the father of Unapproved Website recruiting anaylist and 2 time Mr. Basketball winner Jerry Meyer.

Coach Meyer has effected the state of Tennessee in a great way. Whether it be current high school coaches like, Independence boy's coach, Darren Henrie. TN college coaches, like, Lipscomb assistant and former DC coach, Pete Froedden, Union Univ. Women's coach Mark Campbell or FHU's Men's coach Jason Shelton. Meyer also coached college basketball's 2 all time leading scorers Phillip Hutcheson (4,106 points) and John Pierce (4,230 points), college basketball's all-time steals leader Marcus Bodie (440 steals), college basketball's all time assist leader Jerry Meyer (1314 assists) and college basketball's all time 3pt. scorer, Andy McQueen (515 3's) Coach Meyer is partially responsible for good basketball in TN. Meyer's camps and clinics at Lipscomb were attended by hundreds of TN children that went on to play HS or college ball in TN.

Coach Meyer will return to the sidelines, despite a missing half his leg, on Nov. 6.

Also, John Pierce at FRA, Al Cooper at Clarksville Northeast, Jason Piercey at MTCS, Keith Edwards at Goodpasture, Andy Blackston at Alabama-Huntsville, Alan Sharpe is at some college in Georgia, Philip Hutcheson is the AD at Lipscomb U., many, many more. Coach is improving more and more everyday. He is way too tough to let this stop him.

Also, John Pierce at FRA, Al Cooper at Clarksville Northeast, Jason Piercey at MTCS, Keith Edwards at Goodpasture, Andy Blackston at Alabama-Huntsville, Alan Sharpe is at some college in Georgia, Philip Hutcheson is the AD at Lipscomb U., many, many more. Coach is improving more and more everyday. He is way too tough to let this stop him.

Glad to hear he is improving. I went to Coach's camps for several years. Great coach and better person! Good luck, coach.

Hate to hear about this, but if there's anyone that will get through this, it's Coach Meyer. I camped with him for 9 years and absolutely love the man and look up to him.

Interesting story, I camped there in the 80's, when I started coaching I contacted him in South Dakota to ask him some questions. He remembered me within 2 minutes of us talking.

To me that speaks volumes of his character, to remember me, out of thousands of campers, 19 years later.

I wish him the best and will keep him in my prayers.

Oh yeah, don't forget Coach Bowers (MBA and Ensworth).

CLOSE-OUT...READY, READY, READY...

Hate to hear about this, but if there's anyone that will get through this, it's Coach Meyer. I camped with him for 9 years and absolutely love the man and look up to him.

Interesting story, I camped there in the 80's, when I started coaching I contacted him in South Dakota to ask him some questions. He remembered me within 2 minutes of us talking.

To me that speaks volumes of his character, to remember me, out of thousands of campers, 19 years later.

I wish him the best and will keep him in my prayers.

Oh yeah, don't forget Coach Bowers (MBA and Ensworth).

CLOSE-OUT...READY, READY, READY...

Ball, ball, ball.deny, deny, deny, help, help, help--shot, blockout.

• 2 weeks later...