William Blount Football

tpoole12

Maryville and Farragut are both away games for the 2nd straight year.

Isn't that the Rebs and the Ads Cletus????? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> (Sorry Cletus)

I guess thats the way its going to be. Doesn't mean I have to like it....

tpoole12

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which ones are district/region or whatever they are calling it now? I noticed the MHS game is away for the GOVS for the second straight year. Are there any more peculiarities on the schedule like playing a team home or away two years in a row?

The Govs will travel to Maryville and Farragut for the second straight season. Edit: got beat to it

The non-district games for this year are Sevier Co., Karns, and Jefferson Co.

The Govs will travel to Maryville and Farragut for the second straight season. Edit: got beat to it

The non-district games for this year are Sevier Co., Karns, and Jefferson Co.

Hey JanJ

I won't mind going to Farragut if they'll do a little work on the visitors side. Some restrooms and a little better bleacher system would go a long way....

tpoole12

GO GOVS

Hey JanJ

I won't mind going to Farragut if they'll do a little work on the visitors side. Some restrooms and a little better bleacher system would go a long way....

tpoole12

GO GOVS

I am with you on that on TP. I went to the Maryville/Farragut scrimmage and I couldn't believe how bad the visitors side was. There seemed to be rolls of fencing and junk overgrown with honeysuckle vines behind the bleachers. One kid was playing with a big old piece of rebar. I'd hate to see a kid playing cupball get impaled on something. The big anchor was nice and the home side looked pretty sweet. There must be a dog kennel across the fence also. Lots of barking.

I think they've spent all their money on that fancy baseball stadium next to the football field...

Your may be right.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> But it sure is a nice baseball field! Still.. some real restrooms would go a long ways and the bleachers need some upgrades... They spent alot of money on the home side of the stadium but when we played there this year it seemed to be a bit overdone. They could have seated almost twice as many fans as they had show up. Maybe it was fall break or something. I just hope they haven't run out of money and will do a little work on the other side....

tpoole12

GO GOVS

Which one?

Justin....

I am with you on that on TP. I went to the Maryville/Farragut scrimmage and I couldn't believe how bad the visitors side was. There seemed to be rolls of fencing and junk overgrown with honeysuckle vines behind the bleachers. One kid was playing with a big old piece of rebar. I'd hate to see a kid playing cupball get impaled on something. The big anchor was nice and the home side looked pretty sweet. There must be a dog kennel across the fence also. Lots of barking.

We'll get to see alot of that field over the next few years. What ever you do don't park up on campus. It takes forever to get out and all the resturants of full by the time you get there..... /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> I park across Kingston Pike and walk up the hill. It's easier to get out and you get a good look at the baseball field that JanJ was talking about..

tpoole12

Your may be right.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> But it sure is a nice baseball field! Still.. some real restrooms would go a long ways and the bleachers need some upgrades... They spent alot of money on the home side of the stadium but when we played there this year it seemed to be a bit overdone. They could have seated almost twice as many fans as they had show up. Maybe it was fall break or something. I just hope they haven't run out of money and will do a little work on the other side....

tpoole12

GO GOVS

Justin....

Sir, I do not have a son named Justin.

one more time for you Tpool You are another one who thinks I am Mr. Smith. To prove I am not check the times I post here. Sometimes I use a blackberry while I am at the games. Mr. Smith is on the radio live so he would not be able to post. I have sons who helped the Rebels during this past 10 year run for Maryville and I love HS Football. I track several teams, Maryville being my #1 and some others in various states. I am a student of the game, former player, and coach: And tell it like I see it never forgetting the players are just kids. Hope I again put that to rest.

Would like to see WB turn things around but think they have a long way to go. Would also like to see Heritage become competitive, but until the Blount Co School board steps up tho the plate for some top notch coaches, it won't happen IMHO. Hope I am wrong but I don't think I am. Case in point is last years records of both schools.

Happy Turkey Day to all.

Sir, I do not have a son named Justin.

one more time for you Tpool You are another one who thinks I am Mr. Smith.

Happy Turkey Day to all.

I'm sorry... but as any man can say who has been married more than once " I've been wrong before. I hope you and all your sons are well and a happy Thanksgiving to you. I'll still enjoy reading your posts even though I don't think I know who you are. Good luck...

tpoole12

BTW: I will tell the guy who told me that he is wrong...