Best player in 14a?

Humboldt58

I 100000% agree... Shivers was the best I've seen there in the last 5 years! To be honest he was teh best COMPLETE player they've had the last five or six years. Shooting, dribbling, speed, agressiveness, atleticism! Toylon was a really good guard that knew how to play. Really nice young man also. Came to open gym at GC a lot on Sundays and played. Humboldt has a guy who would come to the open gym on sundays that was a pretty good guard, abt 5"9, quick, not a great shooter but could hit shots... he's probably their best bet at PG if he is still playing. Any Humboldt people know who i'm refering to?

Sad thing about Shivers is that basketball was his worst sport...He would have been a great high school quarterback or receiver...As far as baseball is concerned, he was throwing low 90's as a 15 year old in the Humboldt Babe Ruth League (13-15 yr olds) He was also a great hitter...Best all around athlete Humboldt has had in a long time but Quan Campbell might be in that same conversation in a couple of years..

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad thing about Shivers is that basketball was his worst sport...He would have been a great high school quarterback or receiver...As far as baseball is concerned, he was throwing low 90's as a 15 year old in the Humboldt Babe Ruth League (13-15 yr olds) He was also a great hitter...Best all around athlete Humboldt has had in a long time but Quan Campbell might be in that same conversation in a couple of years..

yeah, i heard that he was just unreal in baseball. only thing is that Shivers had the height that campbell does not. and of course size isnt everything but we all know taller is better. Didnt Shivers go to some JUCO or something in Texas then leave and join the military?

lol... i actually wasnt even there. my asst. and I had gone to Westview for their tourney so i could get an early scouting report on Westview and one of my players sent me a picture txt showing the broken backboard! We had another brokent that year during a sunday open gym!!!! Guess with all those district and regional tournaments over the years those poor backboards had just had too much. LOL...

I konow Rashad Wade, and although i've never seen him play I know Quan Campbell. I think that the kid is in fact Joe Gordon. Sounds familiar and i dont know where else I'd have picked that up. He's a senior this year right?

Nah Joe Gordon is a jr i think,,my be behind a grade not suree,,and to the other guy,,yeah gordon is about 5'7 but he can dunk lol it's insane how athletic these players are,,every one that will see playing time can dunk. so excpet some excitment in those game vs. halls and greenfield and bradford lol humboldt plays tommorrow night @Liberty idk against who?? anyone else know?