Top Prospects For 2010

ruse?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darian Stone QB from Clinton is the real deal. He can throw 70 yards, runs a 4.6 or less, and was like 1900 passing and 950 rushing as a junior. Weston Hazelhurst is also legit. He had 700+ yards and 10 TD's to go with 47 before falling to an injury in the 2nd quarter of the 4th game. Another words, as a junior, he averaged 200 yards and 15 tackles when he played. He is strong and has a great build and is underrated as he closes on the football on D as well as anyone I have ever seen. Darian is at the US Army Combine for the holidays and I expect him to be impressive. These two are the prime reasons everyone expects big things from Clinton this year. If they stay healthy Clinton will be practicing on Thanksgiving. I am biased because my son is a member of the senior class that has district championship potential, maybe more!

Remember those names as well as a few others that could be All-State potential in '09.

Also to promote the other side of the county Anderson County has a stud receiver in Josh Wilson. He runs a 4.5 is like 6'3" and has great hands.

Those three prospects are a rare find in Anderson County. Good luck to both teams, except for week 10 . . . sorry Mavs, but I got to root for the dragons.

i think that dyersburg has a few players to watch out for first at OT luke wilcox he is around 6"4 and he is a beast

at RB i have xavier 'snook' taylor he rushed for over 1600 yards and 28 tuchdowns he is one of the fastest backs i've ever seen at any level

at FB/LB i have tyler lyons he is a dual threat back that can run catch and block he has a great football mentality and isnt scared of anybody which is why he also doubles as a very good linebacker

also at DE dyersburg has lee shultz he was 2nd on the team in tackles last year and he can only get better he has a good 6 foot frame and can tackle better than anybody i've seen

Darian Stone QB from Clinton is the real deal. He can throw 70 yards, runs a 4.6 or less, and was like 1900 passing and 950 rushing as a junior. Weston Hazelhurst is also legit. He had 700+ yards and 10 TD's to go with 47 before falling to an injury in the 2nd quarter of the 4th game. Another words, as a junior, he averaged 200 yards and 15 tackles when he played. He is strong and has a great build and is underrated as he closes on the football on D as well as anyone I have ever seen. Darian is at the US Army Combine for the holidays and I expect him to be impressive. These two are the prime reasons everyone expects big things from Clinton this year. If they stay healthy Clinton will be practicing on Thanksgiving. I am biased because my son is a member of the senior class that has district championship potential, maybe more!

Remember those names as well as a few others that could be All-State potential in '09.

Also to promote the other side of the county Anderson County has a stud receiver in Josh Wilson. He runs a 4.5 is like 6'3" and has great hands.

Those three prospects are a rare find in Anderson County. Good luck to both teams, except for week 10 . . . sorry Mavs, but I got to root for the dragons.

Stone is a different breed of players and next year he is returning everyone and with great Transfer like Dee Shannon, Ryan Sharpe and freshman star Camion Patrick coming on board Clinton is the team to watch

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

DARIAN IS A GOOD QB, NOT A GREAT ONE, I LOVE THE KID TO DEATH, HE IS A HUMBLEST KID YOU WILL EVER MEET, BUT DARIAN SEEMS TO GET RATTLED IN THE CLOSING SECONDS OF A TIGHT GAME. LIKE HE DID WHEN THEY PLAYED AC LAST YR, BY FAR CLINTON PLAYED BETTER THAN AC DID, AND IM NOT AFRAID TO SAY THAT, AND IM EVEN A FORMER PLAYER FROM AC. DARIAN ALSO LACKS THE HEIGHT AND WEIGHT TO PLAY BIG TIME BALL, SOMEONE MAY TAKE A CHANCE ON HIM, AND I HOPE HE DOES GET THAT CHANCE, BUT A 5-10 OR 5-11, NO WAY, ASK ME HOW I KNOW, THE BEST QB TO PLAY IN THIS AREA, INCLUDING KNOXVILLE IN A LONG TIME, PLAYED AT AC, YOU MAY KNOW HIM, JUSTIN PRICE WAS HIS NAME, AND DARIAN COULDNT EVEN COME CLOSE TO HIM, AND I KNOW THAT YOU CLINTON FANS, WILL DISAGREE, AND THATS FINE EVERYONE HAS AN OPINION, BUT UNTIL DARIAN EVER THROWS FOR MORE THAN 3200 YRDS AND HAS 35 TD PASSES WITH ONLY 5 PICKS, AND WINS MR.FOOTBALL OF HIS CLASSIFICATION, HE WILL JUST BE ANOTHER GREAT QB WITHOUT THE SIZE, TO PLAY BIG TIME, I KNOW DARIANS DAD PLAYED AT KANSAS STATE, AND HE PUSHING DARIAN, TO GO BIG TIME, BUT DARIAN IS STEPPING OUT OF HIS MEANS. YOU MARK MY WORDS NOW, DARIAN WILL END UP AT SOME D2 SCHOOL, AND THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT.

Justin Price was a great QB, but he did not have the upside or the potential that Darian has. Justin Price was a tremendous high school QB with impressive numbers, but what Darian will be bigger and stronger and that helps him. Darian was measured at 6'0" 185 at the Army Combine with no shoes on. His 40 was 4.6, shuttle was 4.2, and vertical was 36". He just has more room to grow than Price did, both in height/weight and strength. I think alot of times kids like Darian get recruited on potential because his frame is good, his numbers are good, and his arm strength is extremely impressive. You may be right about DII, that is if he wants to only play QB. He will have to get in the right system to be successful, unless he hits a growth spurt. Also, what happened to him in the AC game was not choking, it was cramps. I agree he has to get more patient in the pocket and I think we will see more of that in '09. He is being recruited as a dual-threat QB or an athlete. If not QB he could play safety at a DI school. He could probably be an all-state DB if the coaches wold let him play defense. Once he concentrates on only football, his strenth and quickness will only improve. I think Hazelhurst will slip on someone's radar screen, the kid is looking extremely strong and is up to around 210 lbs. He may be more of a defensive recruit at LB or SS after the season plays out. 5'10" 210 and growing with a 4.6 forty, does sets of 5 on the power clean with 225, pretty impressive for a high school kid.

Opposing defenses are going to have a have a hard time defending the Dragons this year . . . just wait. They will have some surprises at TE, WR, FB also so who do you stop? They have four quality RB's and the offensive line should be bigger and stronger than last year. Also, they should be stronger defensively this year, despite the fact that everyone's focus is on the offensive side because of the weapons they have. They have lofty expectations within that locker room and are working hard to be able to meet those goals. Clinton should be extremely balanced and they are getting strong with Coach Stone leading the workouts. I am not going to make any predictions, but a healthy Clinton team could be known around the state this year as a potential contender. It has been 17 long years since we have been able to say that. Alot of things can happen, but with a little luck Clinton may be able to compete for home field in the playoffs with a district championship. I know no one will overlook the Dragons this year.

I agree that Wison has a bright future if he can play a full year the way he played against Clinton last year. I think AC has a few more players to watch for in Blakely, Hicks, and Pack.

This should be a great year for football in Anderson County . . . both the Dragons and the Mavs have some players to watch out for which makes for an exciting week 10, if everything has not played out by then.

Good luck to both teams and all of the young men and coaches involved. I look forward to watching my son on Senior Night against the Mavs in the newly refurbished Town of Clinton Stadium. They will have the pregame rock band, a packed house, and alot of talent to watch from both sides of the Clinch.

QB- Bo Wallace (Giles Co.)

Terell Robinson (South Pitt.)

Barry Brunetti (MUS)

RB- Orleans Opoku-Darkwa (Ensworth)

Dorian Cozart (Knox. Catholic)

Jobrokski Gilbert (Milan)

WR- Keiwone Malone (Mitchell)

Bryant Belew (Columbia Central)

TE- Tyler Robinson (Alcoa)

DaJuan Brown (Blackman)

Harrison Jones (ECS)

OL- James Stone (Maplewood)

Zak Tait (Knox. Catholic)

DL- Jaques Smith (Ooltewah)

Tyler Robinson (Alcoa)

Ishmael Lewis (Brentwood Academy)

LB- Ferlando Bohanna (Whitehaven)

Fred Harvey (White Station)

Justin Maclin (Ridgeway)

CB- Chaz Moore (Whitehaven)

S- Shonte Sims (Henry Co.)

K- Corey Acosta (Christian Brothers)

Derek Brodus (Alcoa)

.....just a few that come to mind

This isn't a bad list but I would drop DaJuan Brown until he is completely healthy, he passes the look test but never completes a season. Ishmael Lewis should keep the string of BA linemen who sign intact but he will have to work on his conditioning and learn to play two gaps instead of being a plugger. That Blackman team with the new coaching staff should be fun to watch, remember they have a lot of talent, they just haven't been coached well over the last few years and are very undisciplined.