CAK vs. Alcoa

tornadogold

Rain will help CAK! This game will be much closer than most people think......

For some reason people think alcoa is just a speed team. That couldnt be further from the truth. Alcoa is a power run team as most of their runs are counters, traps and powers. Their big offensive line has the ability to knock you off the ball and give alcoas backs 5,6,7 yards at a time. Alcoa played a big physical 1 loss white house team in the rain and drove down the field first down after first down to score on 4 straight possesions without a big play. Thats classic Gary Rankin football. Being able to line up and run the ball right at you. Alcoa so many times this season has just lined up two tights and said here we come. Its not easy to throw and catch a bunch of balls in driving rain and wet conditions. If the conditions are bad I dont care whos faster, if you cant line up and run the ball youre going to have a difficult night. Alcoa play goodpasture in 2000 in the worse conditions I have ever seen and came away with the win, not because they were the fastest team alcoa has ever had but because they were able to stop the run and run the ball. Nobody could throw that game, and alcoa had Michael George at qb, james rainer, jamel sankey, jonathan meschendorf,jerome robinson, jonathan harris and a host of others on the field. Whoever can run the ball tonight, wins the game.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rain may help CAK but the magical silver helmets will help Alcoa. It may be lower scoring but I feel that CAK will not be in the game, in the end it may only be 21-7 but that 7 would come late. Maybe Sam will have to punt for a change. My prediction is 35-7 Alcoa moves on. I look forward to a good game and hope that both sides exit with no injuries. Rain or no rain Alcoa is Alcoa. Now I must got get Richy Kreme donuts, all the talk about them has me hungry.

For some reason people think alcoa is just a speed team. That couldnt be further from the truth. Alcoa is a power run team as most of their runs are counters, traps and powers. Their big offensive line has the ability to knock you off the ball and give alcoas backs 5,6,7 yards at a time. Alcoa played a big physical 1 loss white house team in the rain and drove down the field first down after first down to score on 4 straight possesions without a big play. Thats classic Gary Rankin football. Being able to line up and run the ball right at you. Alcoa so many times this season has just lined up two tights and said here we come. Its not easy to throw and catch a bunch of balls in driving rain and wet conditions. If the conditions are bad I dont care whos faster, if you cant line up and run the ball youre going to have a difficult night. Alcoa play goodpasture in 2000 in the worse conditions I have ever seen and came away with the win, not because they were the fastest team alcoa has ever had but because they were able to stop the run and run the ball. Nobody could throw that game, and alcoa had Michael George at qb, james rainer, jamel sankey, jonathan meschendorf,jerome robinson, jonathan harris and a host of others on the field. Whoever can run the ball tonight, wins the game.

All great points, and this is certainly the most likely outcome. I think everyone knows and agrees this is the case. But if we are talking about what might happen in a bad weather game...from CAK's side, if Alcoa's speed is neutralized to some degree, that will help CAK to have a chance to make it a game. If the score is 42 to 0 at half time, obviously CAK has no chance. But if the score is 14 to 7 or 21 to 7 at the half (due to bad conditions or whatever reason) you have a ball game. The best team does not always win. If Alcoa played any 2A team 10 times they would win 9 or 10 of those meetings. In a low scoring game, a DB that falls down or a turnover or two deep in your own territory can cost you some heartburn or maybe even a ballgame. CAK generally has a speed advantage over many of the teams that we play. It's not so much that CAK is slow, but that Alcoa is very very fast. Alcoa is a powerful team too, but I would prefer Alcoa have to drive the length of the field to score and take my chances with that rather than have 70 yard touchdown runs.

Again, I think everyone would agree that what you predict happening is the most likely outcome. But that's why the game is played on the field.

APB, has come thru again............Bread of Heaven will be supplying meals for the pressbox! Thanks BOH! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! APB FOR PRESIDENT IN 2011

Actually it's not half bad! I get some money for college and free food on the side. I am just glad that I worked it out to get off friday nights. I think i will try to meet the others CAK followers for some band burgers, eating crow....chicken is getting old.

Now Ronnie, I'll definitely be eating, but crow is certainly not on my menu. I know better than to add crow to the menu by talking smack with Alcoa. Now Rock may have had some of those Richy Creme donuts he is going to fatten me up with stuffed with some crow....now I'll eat that crow and like it. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I probably didn't communicate my previous posts concerning the rain very well. I don't necessarily think rain will enable CAK to WIN, I simply think it FAVORS CAK because they are such a huge underdog. If Alcoa has to methodically run the football with no big plays, that chews up a great deal of the clock. It also gives the Tornados more opportunities to commit a turnover or penalty. CAK is capable of running the football and have done so effectively as of late, but they certainly are a pass first oriented team.

FBD,

I have to admit that while rain may favor CAK a bit, I would prefer it be nice and dry tonight. It makes for a much more pleasant night for everyone, players, cheerleaders, and fans. Staying with my "glass is half full, not half empty" philosophy, there is a 20% chance that it won't rain tonight!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />