Marion Co. vs Smith Co.

diehardpurple

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't blame it on the refs if you lose and not letting the "interception" get to ya? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> The interception DID get to them. I know MC fans aren't that short-sighted, there was a 15 yard personal foul on the very next play because the previous call did get to them. I believe there was a case of premature ewhistlation on the so called dual possession play. The ruling did take too long. The grandstanding by the MC coach took too long also. I only hope the holding call that ended the game was legitimate and not a make up call.

If you are so lucky, you need to look at the film and see that the dual possession call was absolutley terrible and something made up from the conferance held on the SC sideline. It was with out a doubt an interception and maybe a touchdown ran back the other way. NO EXCUSE for a call so bad in a great game like that. Also the unsoportsman like conduct call was made by the same ref that made the DUAL POSSESSION call which was totally BS on both calls. I am just thankful that officiating did not determine the out come of of a great game. It ended how it should have.

If you are so lucky, you need to look at the film and see that the dual possession call was absolutley terrible and something made up from the conferance held on the SC sideline. It was with out a doubt an interception and maybe a touchdown ran back the other way. NO EXCUSE for a call so bad in a great game like that. Also the unsoportsman like conduct call was made by the same ref that made the DUAL POSSESSION call which was totally BS on both calls. I am just thankful that officiating did not determine the out come of of a great game. It ended how it should have.

The holding call...was evidently...bogus too. I also didn't know a head coach could come out on the field...nearly to midfield during the discussion. That easily could have been a 15 yard penalty too. I guess it wouldn't have mattered anyway. After they blew the interception call...there's no way they were going to let SC win. Is that justice? Probably...the end result was the same.

The holding call...was evidently...bogus too. I also didn't know a head coach could come out on the field...nearly to midfield during the discussion. That easily could have been a 15 yard penalty too. I guess it wouldn't have mattered anyway. After they blew the interception call...there's no way they were going to let SC win. Is that justice? Probably...the end result was the same.

In my opinion Carthage caught the breaks to keep them in the game. Besides the obvious play that everyone is talking about what about the fourth down play on Carthage's first touchdown. The player clearly dropped that pass (it was right in front of me) so if it was called right they never would have scored there. Anyways, I don't think the officiating had anything to do with the outcome, I just think Carthage got almost every call and then you want to start that there is no way they were going to let SC win. I find that a little amusing. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

In my opinion Carthage caught the breaks to keep them in the game. Besides the obvious play that everyone is talking about what about the fourth down play on Carthage's first touchdown. The player clearly dropped that pass (it was right in front of me) so if it was called right they never would have scored there. Anyways, I don't think the officiating had anything to do with the outcome, I just think Carthage got almost every call and then you want to start that there is no way they were going to let SC win. I find that a little amusing. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Officiating hurt both sides. The interception that wasn't awarded to Marion really sticks out.

But I thought there were some pass interference no calls that would've went against Marion.

Especially one on 3rd down during the series prior to the blown interception call.

Think about it, if that call was made, the interception might not have even happened.

As I said earlier, the refs let both teams down, however, I was at the game, and the team that played the best won.