(2nd Round) Franklin Rebels vs. Hendersonvile Commandos

huskergymnast33

Sam your always the 1st to post our big games!

Of Course, My Friday nights consist of me studying and waiting for updates on the game. I wear my Franklin Gear around school all day on Friday. I am pulling for you guys...Lets get done to business, and get the job done. This is what we went through countless "fun-times" for, this what we did all those "2-minute-drills", this is the result of walking into the field-house every morning to look at my white-board, and secretly want to kill me.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it is the second round and the Commandos are still in. We were suppose to win after the game against RHS $1 seed vs #4 seed but everyone other than Commando faithful said we will lose, even the GURU Murphy Fair. Granted RHS was not your average #4 seed the Commandos stayed in the game and pulled it out. Now on to Franklin.

Whole different animal this week, Franklin could easily be undefeated and ranked #1 in the state, so it has already started that the Commandos have no chance. I beg to differ a little. This will be a hard fought game between 2 outstanding teams. I here the story of Hunter Lanes Wing-T getting stopped, true, but HL and HHS run 2 way different styles of the Wing-T, and yes that is possible. Franklin is probably the favorite but just like the last 3 weeks, HHS was suppose to lose to Gallatin(WIN), to Hunter Lane(WIN), and Revenwood(WIN), when is someone going to tell the players and coaches that they are suppose to lose. I dont get it. HHS did what they needed to do to win against RHS, wether the storm keep it close going into half and come out and continue to smash away on both lines.

Last night RHS outgained HHS a lot on paper, but HHS excells in the "hidden yardage" department and that is how they won the game. I just think it will simply come down to turnovers and desire. I know last night the commando WAR TEAM, helped spear head a hostile crowd in the 2nd half and the players just seemed to get stronger as the game went on. Good luck to both teams and may the best team advance to the quarters. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Well, it is the second round and the Commandos are still in. We were suppose to win after the game against RHS $1 seed vs #4 seed but everyone other than Commando faithful said we will lose, even the GURU Murphy Fair. Granted RHS was not your average #4 seed the Commandos stayed in the game and pulled it out. Now on to Franklin.

Whole different animal this week, Franklin could easily be undefeated and ranked #1 in the state, so it has already started that the Commandos have no chance. I beg to differ a little. This will be a hard fought game between 2 outstanding teams. I here the story of Hunter Lanes Wing-T getting stopped, true, but HL and HHS run 2 way different styles of the Wing-T, and yes that is possible. Franklin is probably the favorite but just like the last 3 weeks, HHS was suppose to lose to Gallatin(WIN), to Hunter Lane(WIN), and Revenwood(WIN), when is someone going to tell the players and coaches that they are suppose to lose. I dont get it. HHS did what they needed to do to win against RHS, wether the storm keep it close going into half and come out and continue to smash away on both lines.

Last night RHS outgained HHS a lot on paper, but HHS excells in the "hidden yardage" department and that is how they won the game. I just think it will simply come down to turnovers and desire. I know last night the commando WAR TEAM, helped spear head a hostile crowd in the 2nd half and the players just seemed to get stronger as the game went on. Good luck to both teams and may the best team advance to the quarters. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

i agree with your statement about you winning week in and out, but although Murphy Fair and I called for RHS you did and should have beating RHS

they do run do differment types but franklin is a force da force if i was coach hat i would be pulling out the game tapes of the fhs - brentwood game........

i agree with your statement about you winning week in and out, but although Murphy Fair and I called for RHS you did and should have beating RHS

they do run do differment types but franklin is a force da force if i was coach hat i would be pulling out the game tapes of the fhs - brentwood game........

Coach Hatfield knows how to beat Franklin, don't worry about that. Doesn't matter if you KNOW how, players have to work hard and EXECUTE on Friday night. Most importantly though......get the ball to Yazzie. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Can't wait for the challenge. Hendersonville backs down from no team, no matter how talented they may be. Do ya'll in Region 6 consider Franklin to be a better team than Brentwood?

They are both good teams, not doubt about it. Penalties and a few turnovers were the main reason for Brentwood beating Franklin. With that said, I just don't think that if that game was to happen again that Franklin could possibly lose to Brentwood again.

Good luck to H-ville this week. This is probably going to be the game I will attend. The WAR TEAM is a great addition to H-ville's game. As hard as it was to watch them beat Gallatin I was very impressed by the student section. Unlike most student sections they actually knew what was going on on the field. H-ville not sure about Franklin but if they are anything like CHS or RHS yo will have to play mistake free football. I'm not saying you can't do it in fact I'm pulling for you. Loved the pic. of the new uni's any way you wear gold pants instead of white, that would make a good combo.

Coach Hatfield knows how to beat Franklin, don't worry about that. Doesn't matter if you KNOW how, players have to work hard and EXECUTE on Friday night. Most importantly though......get the ball to Yazzie. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

as i am sure coach at FHS knows how to beat HHS - yazzie will not be a factor to many good players on FHS-

In this matchup, I can't help but look at the quality of opponents that each team has faced all year. For Franklin, Region 6 is arguably the toughest region in the state of TN, and they played top-notch non-region opponents in Hillsboro and McCallie. For Hendersonville, Region 5 is relatively weak, and the only good non-region team they played (Beech, they beat weak Station Camp and Dickson Co. teams), they lost. I realize it's the playoffs, and the Commandos are rewarded for playing a weak schedule by getting to play at home, but I just can't see the Rebels losing. I have never seen "Yazzie" play, so I may be wrong, but I think the Rebel's safety, Starnes, a 6'4" athletic kid, combined with solid defensive back play, will limit his touches.

Rebels keep on rolling, but Hendersonville keeps it close, 35-24.

In this matchup, I can't help but look at the quality of opponents that each team has faced all year. For Franklin, Region 6 is arguably the toughest region in the state of TN, and they played top-notch non-region opponents in Hillsboro and McCallie. For Hendersonville, Region 5 is relatively weak, and the only good non-region team they played (Beech, they beat weak Station Camp and Dickson Co. teams), they lost. I realize it's the playoffs, and the Commandos are rewarded for playing a weak schedule by getting to play at home, but I just can't see the Rebels losing. I have never seen "Yazzie" play, so I may be wrong, but I think the Rebel's safety, Starnes, a 6'4" athletic kid, combined with solid defensive back play, will limit his touches.

Rebels keep on rolling, but Hendersonville keeps it close, 35-24.

If you have seen Zach Rogers from Lipscomb (UT recruit) play Hville uses Yazzie in a lot of the same ways. His punt return average was 21.5 per return before last night. He had the 80 yard return in the first quarter. On kickoff returns he is a shade over 30 per return. He has 32 catches for almost 600 yards for a team that only throws it about 10 times a game. They throw to him 4 to 5 times a game and manage to get him singled quite a bit. Last year he was a part time starter at corner and played some running back with only 1 touchdown. He was moved to split end in the spring and if you read the Hville football website it mentions he is expected to be a starter. Everyone knew there was some talent here but I don't think anyone expected him to be the difference maker he is. For whatever this is worth he is the best returner I have seen Hville have in the 21 years I have been watching them.

They are both good teams, not doubt about it. Penalties and a few turnovers were the main reason for Brentwood beating Franklin. With that said, I just don't think that if that game was to happen again that Franklin could possibly lose to Brentwood again.

Brentwood is very much focused on Centennial right now and will take one game at a time. But believe me there is nothing the Bruins want more than to play Franklin again.

with respect and i will keep it to game talk ( not like last thread rhs- hhs ) i cant see HHS winning this game, yes your boys have been getting it done all season but this Franklin team is a machine ( this has nothing to do with region or anything like that)

I really think you would have had a better chance versus Brentwood - FHS tore apart Hunter lane, think H.L coach said they were the best team they faced all year.

I know we play these games on the field not the paper, but i gave you the common opponet of RHS and your HHS when they played Dickson Co - we both agreed pretty close stats..

look at the common opponets now with FHS and HHS

FHS- 27

Ravenwood-0

FHS- 31

HL- 0

FHS-42

Mcgacvock-6

FHS-42

Dickson Co--14

and a non common opponet but they wholloped Centenial 35-14 just 2 weeks ago

i will be surprised if they HHS keeps it close but to ur all credit you seem to get it done week after week, but FHS has two of the best backs in the state,beat a bigger mccallie and a hillsoboro team-

QB nichols 113 - 179 1956 yds 13 td - 2 int

Running back

Lee 108- 773 7.6 ave

Ford 158 -1327 8.3 ave 18 tds

needless to say it will be HHS on defense that will need to win the game for you-

good luck this week and sure the place will be rockin again.

You might want to read the quote again, as much as you want everyone to believe it, he did not say FHS is the best team they have played this year. Not taking anything away from FHS, they are extremely good, but try not putting a spin on it and making it sound like something it was not. I still think you may be in politics...........

Good luck Commandos, one game at a time.