Mckenzie At Union City

Butchie

DC, it was good to talk to you and I promise to all that the only reason I missed last nights game was due to health issues. I'm still planning a trip to Tiptonville next Friday night if all goes right.

It is a shame that either of these teams had to lose and I guess I could say the same for Manassas last week. Both worthy opponents who have achieved great seasons. We will carry the banner for 7A as far as we can. If it is only to next Friday then I'm sure the Falcons will do the same.

It's been another fun season talkin' with ya'll from UC. Great season and good sportsmanship on here (well all but dogears). BTW where is he???? Still crow huintin' I guess. Hope we meet up with ya'll next season.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see your point on the Huntingdon game. I guess i would prefer mayfield central milan westview. . . the crowd support for union city last night was awful. Mckenzie had their side filled up. The die hard fans were there last night and they are the best ones anyway. . . i have heard rumors that some obion central kids might transfer to UC next year?

I haven't heard those rumors but if they do they would have to have a bona-fide change of residency to be able to play...If not they would have to sit one calender year from their date of last participation,which for OC would be whatever date their last game was...So they wouldn't be eligible at UC until Week 11 next football season....

Don't get me wrong...Huntingdon would be a strong gate and a renewal of a real good rivalry...I just don't like seeing teams twice during a season....More than likely UC will be hooking up with Huntingdon in the playoffs the next four years....

The crowd support in the playoffs have been like that for years and years...Even when UC was going to the finals in AA...Nothing new...Put em on the road though and you'll have to get to a game an hour early to get a seat....

I don't know how the T.$.$.A.A. handles this situation but I would have liked to seen the game been postponed to Saturday afternoon or Saturday night...That was some bad weather Friday night...I'm not saying UC would have won but playoff games deserve the chance to be played in better conditions...Heck the Johnson kid might have ran for 375 yards on a better surface..The timing of the rain wasn't the best for changing days either..I don't think it was coming down real hard till after most of the McKenzie folks were well on their way to UC or already there...This time of year there's not much you can do about it I guess...UC has played in some abysmal conditions in the playoffs before....

I'll say this in looking toward next season...If Bowling and his staff can get the same improvement from this program as they did in the previous offseason, look out...The Tornadoes will probably scrimmage a couple of teams during spring practice, something they couldn't do last season because the staff was brand new and installing the offense...Another tough off-season weight and conditioning program will do nothing but help...I know Speed will be a huge loss but probably more important will be the search for a o-line...Alot of young guys are going to have to step on the line...

I haven't heard those rumors but if they do they would have to have a bona-fide change of residency to be able to play...If not they would have to sit one calender year from their date of last participation,which for OC would be whatever date their last game was...So they wouldn't be eligible at UC until Week 11 next football season....

Don't get me wrong...Huntingdon would be a strong gate and a renewal of a real good rivalry...I just don't like seeing teams twice during a season....More than likely UC will be hooking up with Huntingdon in the playoffs the next four years....

The crowd support in the playoffs have been like that for years and years...Even when UC was going to the finals in AA...Nothing new...Put em on the road though and you'll have to get to a game an hour early to get a seat....

I don't know how the T.$.$.A.A. handles this situation but I would have liked to seen the game been postponed to Saturday afternoon or Saturday night...That was some bad weather Friday night...I'm not saying UC would have won but playoff games deserve the chance to be played in better conditions...Heck the Johnson kid might have ran for 375 yards on a better surface..The timing of the rain wasn't the best for changing days either..I don't think it was coming down real hard till after most of the McKenzie folks were well on their way to UC or already there...This time of year there's not much you can do about it I guess...UC has played in some abysmal conditions in the playoffs before....

I'll say this in looking toward next season...If Bowling and his staff can get the same improvement from this program as they did in the previous offseason, look out...The Tornadoes will probably scrimmage a couple of teams during spring practice, something they couldn't do last season because the staff was brand new and installing the offense...Another tough off-season weight and conditioning program will do nothing but help...I know Speed will be a huge loss but probably more important will be the search for a o-line...Alot of young guys are going to have to step on the line...

Somehow I suspect that UC will get done in the rebuilding process. Ya'll know what it takes to build a top notch program and are dedicated to doing it. The Rebels have been in something of a rebuilding situation for the last 2-3 years but, no one really is aware of it. We have lost quite a few tremendouis athletes each of those years and felt doom on the horizon. BUT, we have had kids step up every spring and fill those shoes and begin their own reputation as an outstanding team. If the staff, the tools and the support are there, it will get done every time. Good luck UC.