Mckenzie At Union City

Butchie

I hear there may be something in the works with Mayfield,Ky......The Cardinals are suppose to be loaded the next few years...

So....UC will have these teams on their schedule for sure next season....

Greenfield 1A

Halls 1A

Humboldt 2A

Lake County 1A

Peabody 2A

South Fulton 1A

That leaves 4 non-district games(I guess we are going back to calling them districts in football??)

I would like to see these teams as well...

Mayfield,Ky

McKenzie

Westview

Obion Central

That would be FOUR big gates....

Although the team came short of its goal. a state championship. we have brought back everything we used to have and we are keeping the tradition alive. my choice on the non region opponents would be

westview

Mckenzie

Milan

Huntingdon

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McKenzie won the toss last night and deferred...UC took the opening kick-off and drove straight down the field like they have been doing the last few weeks....Missed the PAT and was up 6-0....McKenzie got the ball and fumbled...Union City recovered and had the ball on McKenzie's 38 yard line...Maybe the turning point of the game was that McKenzie held the Tornadoes without a first down on that series....McKenzie then was able to start gashing the UC line and getting big chunks of yardage with Johnson....McKenzie didn't pass too many times but they showed the possibilty of it...McKinney would line up in the shotgun and scramble around or run a draw and that would kind of keep UC's rush at bay...UC also lost contain on the ends a few times and allowed some yardage around the flanks...McKenzie actually missed a FG that would have brought them within 6-3 but their defense was holding Union City and then also,UC would fumble or run into each other in the backfield which would bog down drives...In UC's offense,timing is everything.....I had a bad feeling about this game as the game got closer because of the weather forecast....A wet field hampers the timing of the offense..The backs are slower to the ball and to the fakes...It just gets everything out of sync...Union City made some good adjustments at half because they were able to move the ball better starting in the third quarter....The second half was a field position game...I thought the last two scoring drives showed what these two teams are all about....Union City down since the second quarter and their season on the line puts together a solid drive and goes down the field and scores..Colton Speed breaks loose and goes on a 45 yard run....Then with McKenzie's season on the line the Rebels put together their own season saving series of plays...A lot of courage and heart shown on those two drives....

well said, both teams showed a lot of heart last night, its a shame someone had to lose because both teams deserved to win

Although the team came short of its goal. a state championship. we have brought back everything we used to have and we are keeping the tradition alive. my choice on the non region opponents would be

westview

Mckenzie

Milan

Huntingdon

If UC/OC doesn't play then I would like to see Milan again.....But a UC/Mayfield match-up needs to get done..If I understand it correctly the Cardinals only have room on their schedule the first week or a week zero but it is in what they call The Alliance Bowl and UC would be guaranteed a good amount of money to come up and play....

If it is true that UC will move up in 2013 they need to upgrade their schedule and get used to playing those schools in the upper classifications now so it won't be such a shock when they get there....

I really don't think Huntingdon will be a good idea...We'll be seeing them in the playoffs the next four years anyway as they are moving down to 1A....

I hear some of those guys that didn't believe Bowling would get rid of them if they didn't put in the required amount of workouts during the summer will be back to try again this off-season....Bowling cut 20-25 of them before they headed out to Columbia for their summer camp last August....That really hurt the Tornadoes' depth this season but I think it sent a message too...

If UC/OC doesn't play then I would like to see Milan again.....But a UC/Mayfield match-up needs to get done..If I understand it correctly the Cardinals only have room on their schedule the first week or a week zero but it is in what they call The Alliance Bowl and UC would be guaranteed a good amount of money to come up and play....

If it is true that UC will move up in 2013 they need to upgrade their schedule and get used to playing those schools in the upper classifications now so it won't be such a shock when they get there....

I really don't think Huntingdon will be a good idea...We'll be seeing them in the playoffs the next four years anyway as they are moving down to 1A....

I hear some of those guys that didn't believe Bowling would get rid of them if they didn't put in the required amount of workouts during the summer will be back to try again this off-season....Bowling cut 20-25 of them before they headed out to Columbia for their summer camp last August....That really hurt the Tornadoes' depth this season but I think it sent a message too...

P & G, there is not doubt in my mind that Co0ach Bowling & Kennedy are the right team along with the other coaches for our porgram. Bowling will not back down from anyone and will put Union City back where we are use to being....

Pride is back in Union City and it will be interesting the next several years......

From what I have been reading and listening to, this will be the last time Union City & McKenzie could play each other in a playoff game but will play in the regular season.

Union City will stay Single A during the regular season and playoffs while McKenzie will be in the Single division in the regular season but move up to AA during the playoffs.

Then after the next 4 years, with the enrollment Union City has in the Middle School and to first grade , we will be back up to AA.

It was fun.

Outstanding Turnout For UC/Mckenzie Last Night. Would Be A Shame Not to Have The gate On this Match-up.

I want to commend the McKenzie crowd last night. You should have set on the UC side and would have come closer to filling it up...Your crowd was probably 10..15% of the outcome and it shows the deep commitment and tradition the Rebels have. Unfortunatly UC just wants to win and hear about it later. The same people who did not go are alot of the same people who will criticize and wonder why we did not win. Cold and rain is no excuse if your healthy and ya'll filled those visiter stands up. UC has a great coach and coaches now but we must make strides to support as you have done. Good luck and go 7A

I see your point on the Huntingdon game. I guess i would prefer mayfield central milan westview. . . the crowd support for union city last night was awful. Mckenzie had their side filled up. The die hard fans were there last night and they are the best ones anyway. . . i have heard rumors that some obion central kids might transfer to UC next year?

Thanks Stockerd! And Congrats To That JCS Team!

Thanks Stockerd! And Congrats To That JCS Team!

Wow now Butchie Im a TCA fan! I used to be kingofthejungle, but I forgot my password, so I just started a new account. Im still pulling for ya this week Mckenzie 28 Lake county 26! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Wow now Butchie Im a TCA fan! I used to be kingofthejungle, but I forgot my password, so I just started a new account. Im still pulling for ya this week Mckenzie 28 Lake county 26! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

King You Ole Coon Dog, I Wondered What Happened To You. Thanks For Your Support. And Thanks For Clearing That Up.

I see your point on the Huntingdon game. I guess i would prefer mayfield central milan westview. . . the crowd support for union city last night was awful. Mckenzie had their side filled up. The die hard fans were there last night and they are the best ones anyway. . . i have heard rumors that some obion central kids might transfer to UC next year?

Ok, I know there wasn' the biggest of crowds at the Union City games last night....but......if you were to take the Union City crowd & band placing them on our visitor stands, it would have been full as well.

McKenzie had a few more folks on the fence but overall, McKenzie might have had 50 to maybe 100 more folks than Union City...

Now, for things you may not be thinking...The size school does matter on the crowd, mckenzie has 420 plus in their high school, Union City 344.

Mckenzie had around 45 kids on their team with Union City MAYBE 25...also cuts down on crowd numbers.

The rain was also a factor with the McKenzie folks not hitting rain until the Union City area with the rair weather fans staying home.

You have to factor everything.

It does matter on the size of your school, the amount of players dressed out, the size of the band, which IS getting smaller....etc.

Also, if the weather had been good, surrounding area football fans who have come as well just to watch.

I will agree, sometimes our fans amaze me. Take that game last night and play at McKenzie, seems more would go.

Just give us a little time, I PROMISE it will GET BETTER.