Mckenzie At Union City

Butchie

Congrats Rebels. Yall won a big game in the rain.

Hey Dogears...where are ya?

The sign on his door said "Gone Crow Huntin'!" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK....Well...I'm on here after my teams win and I'm on here after my team loses....So here goes....

McKenzie wins a hard-fought game between two very good teams tonite in a rainstorm 17-14.....

Score by Quarters...

McKenzie.....0......10......0......7.......17

Union City....6.......0.......0.....8........14

Union City ends a successful season at 10-2 and McKenzie continues on it's quest for another state championship appearance and ups it's record to 10-2 as well....

My first initial thoughts on this game was Jake Johnson was the difference in the game...Did not play in the first meeting but has a monster game tonite for the Rebels...Johnson had 175 yards rushing on 24 carries....He scored the game-winning TD on a 3 yard run with 38 seconds remaining in the game.....

Another was Union City's inability to stop McKenzie on 3rd and long and most importantly a 4th and 12 on the last drive..With a stop at that point we would be talking about a 14-10 Union City win....

Union City hurt themselves for the better part of three quarters with bad plays on first down....Either a fumble or a loss of yardage play hampered them all night long....UC's initial drive and last drive were their best but not alot in between....

Colton Speed ended his career at UC with 19 carries for 101 yards and a huge 45 yard TD run with a little over 5 minutes left in the game that put UC ahead....Josh Nicks also had 101 yards rushing on 16 carries....

Some stats on the night....

First Downs...UC-13......McK-18

Yards Rushing...UC 43 for 233 yards....McK 45 for 259 yards

Yards Passing.....UC 0-1-0 FOR ZERO YARDS.....McK 3-8-0 for 45 yards

Each team lost one fumble

Each team had 1 penalty I believe maybe two but there wasn't many at all....

Each team punted 3 times on the night....

I want to personally throw out a big CONGRATS to the Rebels.....Those young men have alot of heart....Go bring that big Gold Ball to West Tennessee now....

To Coach Bowling and the Union City Golden Tornadoes....What a ride it's been this season....You guys brought football back to Tornado Country....Continue the hard work....Good Luck in the offseason..Remember this loss and use it as motivation for next season...Lots of guys coming back..Should be an exciting year with all the classification changes and all....

One bad thing for UC basketball opponents...There is a couple of guys on the football team that will be able to get on the hardwoos earlier than expected...Not a good thing for UC's opponents....

One last thought....The CoachT website really choked tonite...This was the worst service I've ever experienced in the years I've been a member....Kicked off numerous times and then was a real chore trying to get back on...Either on the scoreboard or the message boards....Seems to be happening more and more the last couple of weeks...BTW...I'm having trouble on no other site.....

If a late fumble is the only mistake UC makes, this game will not be close. From the perspective of a non-partisan, UC has too many weapons that McKenzie has not seen. I have read about the officiating in the last meeting. What stands out to me is the turnovers by UC. If McKenzie really was UC's equal, that should have been disasterous for UC. My guess is that is why the game was close enough for a call to make a difference. If it really did. UC is literally, "not the same team that played in the last game." I hate I can't see this one. Close for a while. UC by 21.

Sorry GURU.

The Guru would never miss the pick in a Mckenzie game.

OK....Well...I'm on here after my teams win and I'm on here after my team loses....So here goes....

McKenzie wins a hard-fought game between two very good teams tonite in a rainstorm 17-14.....

Score by Quarters...

Union City ends a successful season at 10-2 and McKenzie continues on it's quest for another state championship appearance and ups it's record to 10-2 as well....

My first initial thoughts on this game was Jake Johnson was the difference in the game...Did not play in the first meeting but has a monster game tonite for the Rebels...Johnson had 175 yards rushing on 24 carries....He scored the game-winning TD on a 3 yard run with 38 seconds remaining in the game.....

Another was Union City's inability to stop McKenzie on 3rd and long and most importantly a 4th and 12 on the last drive..With a stop at that point we would be talking about a 14-10 Union City win....

Union City hurt themselves for the better part of three quarters with bad plays on first down....Either a fumble or a loss of yardage play hampered them all night long....UC's initial drive and last drive were their best but not alot in between....

Colton Speed ended his career at UC with 19 carries for 101 yards and a huge 45 yard TD run with a little over 5 minutes left in the game that put UC ahead....Josh Nicks also had 101 yards rushing on 16 carries....

I want to personally throw out a big CONGRATS to the Rebels.....Those young men have alot of heart....Go bring that big Gold Ball to West Tennessee now....

To Coach Bowling and the Union City Golden Tornadoes....What a ride it's been this season....You guys brought football back to Tornado Country....Continue the hard work....Good Luck in the offseason..Remember this loss and use it as motivation for next season...Lots of guys coming back..Should be an exciting year with all the classification changes and all....

One bad thing for UC basketball opponents...There is a couple of guys on the football team that will be able to get on the hardwoos earlier than expected...Not a good thing for UC's opponents....

One last thought....The CoachT website really choked tonite...This was the worst service I've ever experienced in the years I've been a member....Kicked off numerous times and then was a real chore trying to get back on...Either on the scoreboard or the message boards....Seems to be happening more and more the last couple of weeks...BTW...I'm having trouble on no other site.....

Great post from a fan of a team that has had a great year. Congratulations Union City on a great season. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Congrats to the McKenzie Rebels.

I thought both teams came out tonight and had the same game play....run the ball.

Field conditions hurt Union City more than McKenzie but both teams used the same field so again hats off to McKenzie.

Again, 4 th and 12 ballgame on the line and a good throw and a GREAT catch won the game right then....it was over.

Union City, what a year, we now have a football team back. Even with a lose, I am already ready for next year.

ALL of our back will be back and with a Q B it should be good.

McKenzie, go all the way. I really don't think that will happen though with Trousdale and/or South Pitt waiting.

Oh, not past Lake County yet but all of their marbles were out there tonight so they will be flat .

Union City just was hurt to some degree by the rain soaked field conditions.

The game is over, McKenzie won, Union City lost, I will stand by what I have been saying all along, who ever won this game will be in the fianls but the end up with the Silver ball. A Silver Ball is better than no ball.

It's been fun.

Basketball time in Union City.........

Good day!!

Well I Said It Would Stink That the Season Ended For A Very Good Team Tonight. And It Does. Congratulations To Union City. What An Impressive Season Ya'll Have Had. And For A First Year Coach, He Has Brung Back A Winning Tradition For The Tornadoes.

Butchie,

Thanks for letting me in the VIP tent for 5 minutes at the half. I still say I can put a face with a name. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Great game from both teams but one's fortunes had to end tonight. Why would anyone buy UT Vol tickets (or for that matter pick some up off the street for free) when the best football is played on Friday nights in West TN. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Whooooeee... they Had Us! I Mean They Had Us. 4 And 12 And Pulled A Rabbit Outta The Hat Dude! And I'm Gonna Pound You Wannab Next time I See Ya! Sorry I Didn't Get To Meet Ya Jumpingjack, Weather Didn't Permit. It Was Me Under The Canopy Tent. What A Team Ya'll Have In Union City!

I'll be the skinny punk in the red at Tiptonville next Friday. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

You need a few of those rabbits on the way. Glad we had one tonight. I was prepared to lose after the Speed run without regrets because I was told all week that we were gonna get a pounding. I at least could have argued a 4 point game instead of a 55 point one.

Don't pound me, we all look alike. LOL!

Score by Quarters...

Great post

Way to go REBS

Stockerd you need to change your prediction and go out on a winning note /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I went out on a winning note! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Great season Union City! Thats what builds and maintains rivalries! McKenzie... Great job redeaming yourselves tonight! I had to show back up and give yall props on a great W. Good Luck form here on out.