Mckenzie At Union City

Butchie

First and last comments until after the game...

The rain is setting in and who will this favor....U C or McKenzie ? I would say Union City.

The wind might get up.....who does this favor.....U C more than likely.

And for everyone on here who has U C already in the state finals......there are lots of time and game to be played between now and then for whoever makes it that far.

I will still say the winner of this game will play S P and yes, the Silver is up for grabs.

By going through what U C did against Trousdale Co. and McKenzie last year with S P, I just think Single A ball is a little different league when you get in Mid Sate and the East.

Good Luck to both teams tonight and may it be a clean and safe game for all.

Go Union City!!

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rain is setting in and who will this favor....U C or McKenzie ? I would say Union City.

And for everyone on here who has U C already in the state finals......there are lots of time and game to be played between now and then for whoever makes it that far.

I will still say the winner of this game will play S P and yes, the Silver is up for grabs.

By going through what U C did against Trousdale Co. and McKenzie last year with S P, I just think Single A ball is a little different league when you get in Mid Sate and the East.

Go Union City!!

Very good post and points. Funny but today I was thinking about the rain thing and I kind of figured the rain might help the Rebels. But, who knows, don't guess we've played on a wet field all season yet. I too hope for a good, clean game and no injuries. One of us will sit down tonight and the other may well be clearing a spot in their trophy case for a Silver Ball (true, a gold one would be better but...........) In a round two playoff situation where all teams have already played each other it's a little shakey because none of the teams are exactly the same as they were the first time we all met.

Tonight, two 7A teams will hit the accelerator and two 7A teams will hit the brakes!!! It's all up to the kids and coaches on the field. An all 7A round two is awsome not to mention interesting and if one of the representatives to the 'Boro this year is from 7A it will be even be better.

Think about it a minute ya'll. 3 of the 4 region 7A teams playing tonight have a silver or gold ball (or both) in their trophy case!!! I"m impressed and ya'll should be too!!

And before somebody brings it up, yes I know all of them weren't in class A. One of 'em doesn't have one in class A but tonight, I don't want to give them any more incentive than they already have!!!

Good luck to all of 7A tonight and I hope for two safe games for players and fans.

Go Union City!!

In middle TN last season it looked eerily the same as the best of the west BUT when we met east TN it was a whole 'nother story!

Final thought for now, butchie......I can't thank you enough for all the ideas that you came up with this afternoon to fight off the weather and get me to the game tonight. I'd love to be there with you and Bugs. Work tomorrow is finally cancelled but, still I don't need to deal with 40 degree damp weather. Maybe we can take in a game next weekend.............preferably a MHS Rebel game!!!!!

my gut tells me that UC will win this one. And, my gut is big.

I wish that I could attend the game, but I really dont want to sit out in the rain.

Hope it's a great game.

volfan007,

You can listen to the McKenzie broadcast on 104.7 FM and I'm sure UC has a broadcast somewhere too.

I think that McKenzie has a broadcast on 1440 AM too but, not sure. So from one big gutted football fan to another------------------Later........!

Have a good 'un!!!

It's final :

McKenzie-----17

Union City----14

dogears, what ya' think about #27???????

The boys on both teams left it all on the field tonight and that's all we can ask. Congrats to UC on a great season. None of us wants to bow out to anybody less than the best of the West so we'd much appreciate ya'lls support from here to where ever we can get to.

Two weeks in a row of games like this is hard on an old feller like me but, I'm lovin' it!!!!!!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!

REBEL PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!