Henry Co. v. Fairley

chaos001

I was a LITTLE disappointed in the crowd Friday night--but any other program would be glad to have such a turnout. From the sidelines y'all were sounding pretty loud, especially in the first half. I have never been to a high school football game with such atmophere. I am proud of our fans. I dont think many coaches would complain about the turnout or noise level of last friday--in fact I think they would love to have it! I know Gaddis appreciates our fans and would not leave because of lack of crowd support. Yes, Friday night was a little on the weak side but I know Big Red Nation will rise to the occassion this week. I think considering the blowouts we have had, the enthusiasm has been pretty well maintained--although I dont get the leaving at half time deal. Tell everyone you know to come with their cowbells and their enthusiasm to Patriot stadium this week- guaranteed to be a good game and even if its not the post game show will be worth it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Injury Report--Pending further notice/evaluations /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[/color]Henry County has good DB's ...They have saved several TD's..Nobody stops a good passer but HC has the players to contain it to a certain degree..big plays are inevitable with these Memphis teams but they also have to stop a very POTENT offense in Henry County!!!( first time poster folks so pick at this post and I'll B Back)>>>>>>>>>ROLL RED ROLL!!

I was a LITTLE disappointed in the crowd Friday night--but any other program would be glad to have such a turnout. From the sidelines y'all were sounding pretty loud, especially in the first half. I have never been to a high school football game with such atmophere. I am proud of our fans. I dont think many coaches would complain about the turnout or noise level of last friday--in fact I think they would love to have it! I know Gaddis appreciates our fans and would not leave because of lack of crowd support. Yes, Friday night was a little on the weak side but I know Big Red Nation will rise to the occassion this week. I think considering the blowouts we have had, the enthusiasm has been pretty well maintained--although I dont get the leaving at half time deal. Tell everyone you know to come with their cowbells and their enthusiasm to Patriot stadium this week- guaranteed to be a good game and even if its not the post game show will be worth it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Injury Report--Pending further notice/evaluations /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

let's hope for sprains and strains; nothing more.

[/color]Henry County has good DB's ...They have saved several TD's..Nobody stops a good passer but HC has the players to contain it to a certain degree..big plays are inevitable with these Memphis teams but they also have to stop a very POTENT offense in Henry County!!!( first time poster folks so pick at this post and I'll B Back)>>>>>>>>>ROLL RED ROLL!!

Welcome aboard EndZone! Your initial post is fine.

I'm tired of hearing about how our pass defense is not good!!! These running clocks are because we get up by 35 points. The defense has alot to do with this also!!

11 straight running clocks /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Fairley is next! I hope they bring the band so they have something to get excited about when the 3 headed monster is running wild!!

GO BIG RED!

On the way to the BORO /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

I??™ve found out a little bit about Fairley for those that are curious. Thus far this season they??™ve scored 381 points and given up 166. They returned 8 offensive starters as well as two other backups who had considerable playing time last year (according to the Commercial Appeal). They also have 7 defensive starters back this season. Our two common opponents are Kingsbury (HC W 48-7 vs Fairley W 27-22) and Liberty Tech (HC W 35-14 vs Fairley W 44-24).

I guess you can think what you want but as far as I have heard the only one of these that are being recruited to be a QB at the DI level is Gilchrist. The others are being looked at for safties or something like that.

Rivals has Gilchrist listed as the 24th top dual-threat qb in the country. Toney has a profile on the site, but there is no info available on him (stats, schools that are trying to recruit him, etc). Devin Stark is not even listed on the site. I??™m not saying that they??™re not great qbs. I just wondered if anyone had more info on either one other than ???they??™re great players???? Anyone know who they??™re being recruited by?

NicD91,

1) Have you seen Melrose's QB play, this year?

2) Have you seen Fairley's QB play, this year?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, let me say this: I have seen both of these kids play. I don't know what schools (D1 or otherwise) are recruiting Melrose's or Fairley's QBs but, you can take this to the bank:

1) Melrose's QB is likely to have his pick of D1 schools. He is not going to be anybody's safety.

The kid is a Bona-Fide D1 QB. He's got all the tools: Tall, strong arm, accurate, makes all the throws, good quickness, manages the game well, reads defenses well, not afraid to stand in the pocket, throws well on the run, etc.

2) Fairley's QB will make some team an excellent QB.

He is a Vince Young type QB, both in stature and ability: not really a pure passer, but is a very dangerous dual-threat QB. He is a serious playmaker, and will frustrate the heck out defenses.

Although he is not as pure a passer as Melrose's QB, IMO, he still posesses the inherent qualities to be a top-notch D1 QB. Any school that attempts to make him anything but a QB....they'll be making a huge mistake!

Sorry for the late reply TraderB

No I have not seen either QB play this year, however I was there last year and watched them play. Thats why I said that they were both better dual threat athletes. That means they will be harder to defend than Gilchrist. I was just comparing the QB's in an effort to show that our secondary and DB's are much better than last year and very capable of defending the pass. Thats why I said I think the line on both sides of the ball will be the key to the game. By no means am I insinuating that Devin Stark cannot pass the ball. We will worry about Tramarcus Toney when that time comes, they have there own game to worry about this week.

I??™ve found out a little bit about Fairley for those that are curious. Thus far this season they??™ve scored 381 points and given up 166. They returned 8 offensive starters as well as two other backups who had considerable playing time last year (according to the Commercial Appeal). They also have 7 defensive starters back this season. Our two common opponents are Kingsbury (HC W 48-7 vs Fairley W 27-22) and Liberty Tech (HC W 35-14 vs Fairley W 44-24).

Rivals has Gilchrist listed as the 24th top dual-threat qb in the country. Toney has a profile on the site, but there is no info available on him (stats, schools that are trying to recruit him, etc). Devin Stark is not even listed on the site. I??™m not saying that they??™re not great qbs. I just wondered if anyone had more info on either one other than ???they??™re great players???? Anyone know who they??™re being recruited by?

I would expect TraderB to respond (or kwc). Dont be fooled by what you read. If you attended the Melrose and Fairley games last year you certainly remember these two QBs. They are better than the Hardin County player although he is good.

attended the Liberty / Fairley game Friday night. Henry County has a great football team this year, but i would not overlook the Fairley team either. Lots of speed, quarterback has good passing ability and qb sneak ability. Watch out for #1 - unbelievable speed. They play 'tough' football.

I would also like to say Liberty is to be commended for their season this year (7-3 vs. 2-8 last year) and Brooks lead a really great offense for them. Along with his key guys, Crowder and Hulsey. Brooks has really come into his own this year and I believe you will hear alot about him next season. He has got the arm, the legs and the know how to read the field & lead the team on and off field. This young man has good all the tools to take it to the next level. Look forward to next season and seeing him play.

All this said, we (Liberty) wish Henry County a road to success all the way to Murfreesboro! You were a great opponent this year for us and like to see you take the gold! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

attended the Liberty / Fairley game Friday night. Henry County has a great football team this year, but i would not overlook the Fairley team either. Lots of speed, quarterback has good passing ability and qb sneak ability. Watch out for #1 - unbelievable speed. They play 'tough' football.

I would also like to say Liberty is to be commended for their season this year (7-3 vs. 2-8 last year) and Brooks lead a really great offense for them. Along with his key guys, Crowder and Hulsey. Brooks has really come into his own this year and I believe you will hear alot about him next season. He has got the arm, the legs and the know how to read the field & lead the team on and off field. This young man has good all the tools to take it to the next level. Look forward to next season and seeing him play.

All this said, we (Liberty) wish Henry County a road to success all the way to Murfreesboro! You were a great opponent this year for us and like to see you take the gold! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thank you for your support. You should could down and watch the game friday. It should be a good one. Congratulations on yalls season. Yall had a huge turnaround. Can you give us a lil bit more details on fairly. What type of defense and offense they run. Any studs on d to watch for.