Sep. 19 at Baylor W 42-21

Sep. 26 at Prattville, AL L 0-26

Oct. 3 at Pope John Paul II W 43-3

Oct. 10 MBA L 7-13

Oct. 17 BGA W 28-6

Oct. 31 at Father Ryan L 23-27

Nov. 7 at Briarcrest Christian W 40-6

Independence 5A 4-6

Ravenwood 5A 6-5 Up-and-down team with wins vs 10-1 5A Brentwood High.

McCallie II-AA 6-5 with 4 of the 5 losses coming from Ensworth, BA or MBA. Other loss was to 10-1 5A Franklin 36-35.

Smyrna 5A 7-4

Baylor II-AA 5-5

Prattville AL 9-1. Only loss was to Cincinnati St. X 15-10 in game #1.

JPII II-AA 3-7

MBA II-AA 10-1

BGA II-AA 8-3 Lost to Brentwood Academy 28-3, Lost to Ensworth 28-14, Lost to MUS 49-21

Ryan II-AA 5-5 Another up and-down team. Beat BA, lost to BGA 7-3, lost to McCallie 21-0, lost to Ensworth 38-25 (despite leading with 2 mins left).

Briarcrest II-AA 7-4 Lost to MUS 48-7 and to BGA 35-21

BA's opponents had a combined record of 70-46. All of their opponents (excluding Prattville) were either 5A or II-AA.

In contrast, Ensworth's opponents had a combined record of 51-54 including one 2A and one 3A team:

Aug. 29 at CPA W 54-28

Sep. 5 St. Benedict W 62-3

Sep. 12 at Stone Memorial W 54-7

Sep. 19 Knoxville Webb W 28-7

Sep. 26 at McCallie W 37-36

Oct. 3 MBA W 41-28

Oct. 10 Pope John Paul II W 48-10

Oct. 17 at Father Ryan W 38-25

Oct. 24 Warren Co. W 36-7

Oct. 30 at BGA W 28-14

Nov. 7 McCallie W 34-17

CPA 2A 8-3 Lost to ECS 17-14. Lost to Ryan 52-15.

St. Benedict II-AA 2-8 Lost to MUS 59-7, Briarcrest 68-34, ECS 42-7

Stone Memorial 3A 1-9

Knox Webb II-AA 4-6 Lost to JPII 14-9 and Baylor 27-23, Lost to McCallie 21-7, Lost to BGA 21-13. Beat Ryan 6-0.

McCallie II-AA 6-5 with 4 of the 5 losses coming from Ensworth, BA or MBA. Other loss was to 10-1 5A Franklin 36-35. EHS won 37-36 in OT in the 1st matchup and 34-17 in the 2nd. BA won 17-3.

MBA II-AA 10-1

JPII II-AA 3-7

Ryan II-AA 5-5 Beat BA 27-23. Lost to MBA 45-0. Lost to McCallie 21-0.

Warren Co. 5A 4-7

BGA II-AA 8-3 Lost to Brentwood Academy 28-3, Lost to Ensworth 28-14, Lost to MUS 49-21.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BA is the underdog in this game.

It's a home game for EHS.

They are looking for revenge from last years playoff.

EHS has an offense that can score quickly, BA does not.

Advantage BA on defense if they can keep from shooting themselves in the foot with stupid penalties.

EHS head coach knows the BA football program better than BA knowing EHS's program.

The game will be close. It will probably come down to who scores last.

I say "Gut Check" for both teams. This will be the premier game in the Mid State.

BA 21

Ensworth 20

"Two words that I have said over and over the past two plus years......NO HEART. There is no team in the state of TN that has the talent of BA. They get so little from so much it is amazing. This is not the BA's of old....Hasn't been for a while. They are loaded with DI talent all over the field. They arm tackle and get outsmarted. They are not known for laying the wood on someone. They are living off reputations that were EARNED years ago, and they have no right to claim the same rep, as they haven't EARNED it. This is not the BA people have known for years. I have been around this team as a season ticket holder, supporter, fan and player since the 70's, and I know what I am talking about."

----Brandon100

Interesting prediction since this was a post from last week about the same BA team you expect to beat what is considered the Midstate's best team in Ensworth. Have they found their heart?

"Two words that I have said over and over the past two plus years......NO HEART. There is no team in the state of TN that has the talent of BA. They get so little from so much it is amazing. This is not the BA's of old....Hasn't been for a while. They are loaded with DI talent all over the field. They arm tackle and get outsmarted. They are not known for laying the wood on someone. They are living off reputations that were EARNED years ago, and they have no right to claim the same rep, as they haven't EARNED it. This is not the BA people have known for years. I have been around this team as a season ticket holder, supporter, fan and player since the 70's, and I know what I am talking about."

----Brandon100

Interesting prediction since this was a post from last week about the same BA team you expect to beat what is considered the Midstate's best team in Ensworth. Have they found their heart?

yes. After playing in the Bluff City, they went to the Emerald City, where they mugged the Tin Man for his. Dorothy is not happy at all about these developments, and there are rumors of angry winged monkeys in the area of Granny White Pike.

yes. After playing in the Bluff City, they went to the Emerald City, where they mugged the Tin Man for his. Dorothy is not happy at all about these developments, and there are rumors of angry winged monkeys in the area of Granny White Pike.

Aaaahaha.... I'll get you my pretty! And your little dog, too!

Great post, KWoodroof! LOL!

----Brandon100

They are my alma matter. I say what I mean, but I don't ever pull against BA. Again...."Gut Check" time for BOTH schools. It will be interesting to see who wants it the most, who will step up to lead, who will give 100% on every play, who will execute without making stupid penalties and mistakes, who wants to and will play as a team......and where the score will be at the end of the game to see who goes to the State Championship. They are both equally talented teams with great coaches.

Oblong...Since I have stated I am not going to discuss things with you on the other thread, why are you bringing posts from that thread here? You just don't stop, do you? /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

Aaaahaha.... I'll get you my pretty! And your little dog, too!

Great post, KWoodroof! LOL!

Thank you. It was late, and i had just finished a hockey game. Posts made under those circumstances are either really good, or they sink like a rock. I thought this one had some potential.

Not sure where I see Ronnie Carter in all this. He'd look good in a greenish hue, but I can also see him with a set of wings....

Thank you. It was late, and i had just finished a hockey game. Posts made under those circumstances are either really good, or they sink like a rock. I thought this one had some potential.

Not sure where I see Ronnie Carter in all this. He'd look good in a greenish hue, but I can also see him with a set of wings....

. . . or maybe a Cowardly Lion . . .

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

He's certainly not the Wiz....

. . . or maybe a Cowardly Lion . . .

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Oh, yes.... That I can see!

KW

You playing or watching hockey?

That's not a sport you learned at MBA, I bet.