Brentwood Academy vs. Ensworth

moose

My only point was that I believe there were others closer to the situation (and I assume with more knowledge of his condition) that were there to make the call -- that's all.

I'm glad he's OK

I threw a hint earlier.I am not a doctor but i do know that it takes special equipment to assess an internal head injury.There knowledge was limited at best.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, there are so many things to which I want to respond, so I won't even bother quoting all of the posts.

First, I didn't get a chance to watch the game, but from what I understand, it was a hard fought game. Both teams played hard and deserved to win the game, but as the old cliche says, its a game of inches and EHS came up short in the end.

Second, I want to congratulate BA on a great game. Unfortunately, they have knocked us out of the playoffs twice in a row, but I won't let my frustrations on that front get in the way of sportsmanship. Good luck to them in the Championship game.

Third, I think it is impossible for the countless injuries for EHS to be discounted. EHS lost both Jefferson and Darkwa for some portion of last night's game. Anyone who knows anything about EHS knows that this is a crushing blow to EHS' team. In addition, they had already lost their 3rd running back who was also a starting DB, their starting TE/DE, their #1 receiver/safety, and their starting QB. I am certain that no team in the state could recover from all of these injuries.

Fourth, Ricky Bowers and the EHS coaching/training staff are neither selfish nor stupid. There is no doubt in my mind that if there had been any risk for further injury to Darkwa, they would not have played him in the 2nd half. They would never gamble on his future and the future of EHS' team.

Finally, I want to apologize for all of the dumb, cocky, and disrespectful posts by EHS fans (or as I suspect, non-EHS people trying to make Ensworth look bad). There is no place for that on this site or anywhere, and I certainly would hope that people like you 3yards wouldn't have to stoop to that level. Act like the honorable, mature person that you claim to be.

Good luck to EHS next season, and I assure you that the Tigers will be back looking for that first football state championship.

Well, there are so many things to which I want to respond, so I won't even bother quoting all of the posts.

First, I didn't get a chance to watch the game, but from what I understand, it was a hard fought game. Both teams played hard and deserved to win the game, but as the old cliche says, its a game of inches and EHS came up short in the end.

Second, I want to congratulate BA on a great game. Unfortunately, they have knocked us out of the playoffs twice in a row, but I won't let my frustrations on that front get in the way of sportsmanship. Good luck to them in the Championship game.

Third, I think it is impossible for the countless injuries for EHS to be discounted. EHS lost both Jefferson and Darkwa for some portion of last night's game. Anyone who knows anything about EHS knows that this is a crushing blow to EHS' team. In addition, they had already lost their 3rd running back who was also a starting DB, their starting TE/DE, their #1 receiver/safety, and their starting QB. I am certain that no team in the state could recover from all of these injuries.

Fourth, Ricky Bowers and the EHS coaching/training staff are neither selfish nor stupid. There is no doubt in my mind that if there had been any risk for further injury to Darkwa, they would not have played him in the 2nd half. They would never gamble on his future and the future of EHS' team.

Finally, I want to apologize for all of the dumb, cocky, and disrespectful posts by EHS fans (or as I suspect, non-EHS people trying to make Ensworth look bad). There is no place for that on this site or anywhere, and I certainly would hope that people like you 3yards wouldn't have to stoop to that level. Act like the honorable, mature person that you claim to be.

Good luck to EHS next season, and I assure you that the Tigers will be back looking for that first football state championship.

It was without a doubt a classic , I have nothing but respect and admiration for EHS.But you have to understand that we were without our starting tailback the whole game and our seasoned back up was barely able to stand up the second half .Don't forget Chris Jordan last year.I don't doubt for an instant that based on what could be seen that Darkwa was cleared to re-enter.It' what couldn't be seen that worried me.He's a gift that belongs to all football fans.

It was without a doubt a classic , I have nothing but respect and admiration for EHS.But you have to understand that we were without our starting tailback the whole game and our seasoned back up was barely able to stand up the second half .Don't forget Chris Jordan last year.I don't doubt for an instant that based on what could be seen that Darkwa was cleared to re-enter.It' what couldn't be seen that worried me.He's a gift that belongs to all football fans.

What's wrong with Josh Tate?

First of all, I want to congratulate BA on a tough, hard fought win! BA came to play, and this game lived up to expectations. I look forward to BA playing MUS and hopefully bringing home a Gold Ball from Murfreesboro. Ensworth has a wonderful program and great coach in Ricky Bowers. Although I am sure this was a bitter loss, they should be congratulated on a wonderful season.

Great job men!

I remember seeing Victor (?) Caro from BA play on TV earlier in the year, and thought he was a real stud. Very tough and fast. He proved it again against Ensworth. He and the quarterback, Nelson (?) were most impressive to me. Nelson just handled a wet ball so well all night. BA's line was as tough as advertised, but EHS still averaged about 8-9 yards a rush. And EHS stepped up the line play the second half.

I think injuries for Ensworth played a factor, with T. Jefferson being hobbled from the beginning on a bad ankle, and Orleans being out for a quarter os so. But what the heck . . .either team could have won and deserved it. If Jefferson had three more inches on his last run, I think Ensworth would have scored and won.

But . . . a lot of ifs and maybes. BA was tough and maybe played their best game of the season. Good luck to them against what must be a very good MUS team.