2nd Round Millington vs Whitestation

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It Should Be a great game.White Station Thumped Ridgeway pretty good last night.Millington needs to work on holding onto the ball.They fumbled a few times last night made me a little nervous!

White Station has been a hot football team. They are playing there best football of the year right now. But, Don't put too much stock in the score from last night. Ridgeway has laid an egg the last couple of weeks. They only beat an anemic Bartlett 10-7 on the final week of the season.

Millington had a very workmanlike win last night. Complete ball control on offense and an extremely sound defense. They held Collierville to 72 yards rushing (44 came on a 4th quarter Keeton Stigger TD Run vs our 2nd team D.) and 100 yards passing (70 of which came in the 4th quarter by their 3rd string QB).

Santerio Bragg showed the ability to run the football from the QB position last night. This gives defenses something else to think about. He had 70 plus yards rushing last night and 2 TD's. Tausean Holmes, while under the weather, still rushed for 90 yards and 1 TD. We need him at 100% next week and Junior Stanton Brown took advantage of his one carry.. He took it for 64 yards and a TD.

Go Trojans!

Tausean Holmes for 5a Back of the Year.

My feelings are that whoever takes better care of the football and keeps penalties from hurting them on key situations will come out ahead. I know last year WS felt pretty good about our chances to win against Millington, and that didn't go so well. WHile this is a different year, different players/coaches, I still feel WS will really need a good performance to be in this one. We are capable, but I don't think we can go in and make mistakes if we hope to win.

Ridgeway played pretty well in the 1st half. They played inspired football, and only trailed 14-7. WS took the opening kickoff of the 2nd half and drove down the field for a 21-7 lead. You could sense from that point on the momentum swing towards WS, and things snowballed on Ridgeway.

White Station has been a hot football team. They are playing there best football of the year right now. But, Don't put too much stock in the score from last night. Ridgeway has laid an egg the last couple of weeks. They only beat an anemic Bartlett 10-7 on the final week of the season.

Millington had a very workmanlike win last night. Complete ball control on offense and an extremely sound defense. They held Collierville to 72 yards rushing (44 came on a 4th quarter Keeton Stigger TD Run vs our 2nd team D.) and 100 yards passing (70 of which came in the 4th quarter by their 3rd string QB).

Santerio Bragg showed the ability to run the football from the QB position last night. This gives defenses something else to think about. He had 70 plus yards rushing last night and 2 TD's. Tausean Holmes, while under the weather, still rushed for 90 yards and 1 TD. We need him at 100% next week and Junior Stanton Brown took advantage of his one carry.. He took it for 64 yards and a TD.

Go Trojans!

I think that this year's rematch will be a much lower-scoring, closer contest than last year's Millington blowout of White Station.

I saw White Station lose to CBHS way back during week Zero. It was my view that, despite losing, W.S had a much bigger upside than did CBHS. I felt that CBHS did not have a good team at all. They just did not impress me. White Station, on the other hand...it was painfully obvious that WS was still trying to find its way, with a new Coach and totally new offense.

Fast forward to week 11. CBHS is sitting @ home. White Station has made tremendous improvement and has put together a nice win-streak. They are full of confidence & clicking on all cylinders, as they prepare to take on a tough Millington club.

At this point, this year's W.S team is actually a much better ballclub than last year's team, IMO. The key reason is that their defense is better. Sure, they can still put up the points, under their new Spread Offense; they are just much more effective @ stopping their opponents, finally.

Millington's high-powered (run) offense will pose a severe test of White Station's new-found defensive prowess.....My gut tells me that W.S will prove to be up to the challenge, and turn this game into a defensive struggle. It just won't be enough to pull out the victory, however, this year either.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Prediction: Millington 14 ---- White Station 10

(This is a revision of my ealier pick of Millington by 10 pts.)

Go Trojans!

Hey rob give that o line some credit, and stanton hits the hole as well or better than most. This should be a tough game.

All of the Millington fans that post on here, please e-mail me at markhealy@xipline.com. I would like to know who you are plus I have something that you might be interested in.

As far as the game goes, it won't be a repeat of last year's game unless there are a lot of turnovers. If you are Millington, you have to know where Julian Burton (#4) is at all times and account for him. He is a difference maker. You also have to keep White Station guessing to what you are going to do on offense. If the defense continues to do what they have been doing, it could be a long night for the Spartans.

As far as WS goes, they have to make Millington drive the entire length of the field on their drives and not give up any big plays. Big plays killed the Spartans last year and although this is a completely different coaching staff, some of the players were on the field for that game. If the Trojans got off to a fast start, I am not sure how they would react.

I am going to say 24-14 Millington.

And dou, the o-line has been fantastic not only this year but for a long time. These running backs don't know how good they have it...

You are right. That's part of the tradition of Millington football. The unheralded offensive line that keeps on keeping on. They are definitely a big key to our success. It is nice to see some of the youngsters get time as well. We lose a couple of anchors off of that o-line this year and need some of the youngsters to step up for next year. Blake Evans has been a starter at center since the end of his freshman year.

White Station's has got to be the hottest team in 8-5a right now. They are scoring a lot of points. It is going to be up to the Trojan defense to off-set this potent offense.

Go Trojans!!

Tausean Holmes for 5A Back of the Year!!!