2nd Round Millington vs Whitestation

I've never seen many Spartans fans on Coach T, not sure why. I try to avoid posting too much, simply because my knowledge is pretty limited. For example, I know Coach Means runs our defense and calls the plays for them on the sidelines. He's the Defensive Coordinator. He has a couple of position coaches that work with him.

Marino was on the team last year, but didn't play. Our offense is pretty balanced. I suppose our focus is to take what the opponents D will give us. Sometimes we score by big plays, but other times we are able to sustain drives.

I think it goes without saying that we will be looking to stop Millingtons running game as a high priority. But that doesn't mean we can overlook the passing game.

As you can see, most of this is simple common sense stuff, and I don't have any 'inside' info. My opinion on who wins the game is also pretty basic. If we don't get hit with the turnover bug, and don't shoot ourselves in the foot with untimely penalties, then I think we can compete. I'm hoping the turf is in good shape, and that both teams bring their "A" games. It should be an entertaining evening. I understand why most people favor Millington to win. But that doesn't diminish our enthusiasm or confidence.

I'm wondering where kwc has been also. Maybe he's too worried about Whitehaven/G'town to get on here and post about it? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

We have got a lot of rain out here today but the grass is in good shape, No bare spots or mud, the field drains well and assuming the rain stops today we should have good conditions for Friday. Good for Coach Means i glad he is in Memphis coaching football. Will you be at the game Firday?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm wondering where kwc has been also. Maybe he's too worried about Whitehaven/G'town to get on here and post about it? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hush yo mouf! ... LOL ... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

We have got a lot of rain out here today but the grass is in good shape, No bare spots or mud, the field drains well and assuming the rain stops today we should have good conditions for Friday. Good for Coach Means i glad he is in Memphis coaching football. Will you be at the game Firday?

Yep, I'll be there on the sidelines taking photos. If the forecast holds up, Friday evening should be fine for football.

Yep, I'll be there on the sidelines taking photos. If the forecast holds up, Friday evening should be fine for football.

Make sure to make your way up to the Press-Box. MarkH and myself will be there. It should be a fun night of football. Win or lose this is Millington's last home game of the year.

Go Trojans!

Tausean Holmes for 5a Back of the Year!!

Make sure to make your way up to the Press-Box. MarkH and myself will be there. It should be a fun night of football. Win or lose this is Millington's last home game of the year.

Go Trojans!

Tausean Holmes for 5a Back of the Year!!

I'll look for you. I know last year was a great atmosphere, even though I didn't care much for the outcome of the game. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> I expect this game to be alot of fun too. Millington does a great job hosting these games.

I saw on Channel 5 that the high for Friday was 46 and the low was around 34. I hate the cold...

I stand corrected. Those temps are for Saturday night. I got my game nights confused. I get to stand outside FedexForum for a few hours waiting to get front row seats to the Tigers game. Yeahhh...

I was on the field for a while yesterday and it is very wet, We got rain steady for about 24hrs. and the ground is complete saturated. I saw a paint can make a diviot in the thickest grass on the field. It is not looking like Sunshine as called for yesterday and today so i don't think we are going to have any help from Mother nature and the forcast is calling for rain to return about kickoff. It is subject to be very sloppy and nasty tonight even though the field is in good shape it won't hold up long under these conditions.