Westview at Milan

Guest nwtnsports

Congrats Milan. This one was a lot closer than what everyone thought.

Milan barely held on to win 17-14. Westview has a very good kicker. If the young man had not intercepted that pass at the end of the game, then he'd had a chance to tie it.

He was out of range. They would have had to have made at least one more play. Where he was, it would have been a 48 yarder. He has a great leg, but that would have been alot to ask kicking into the wind on a soaked field from that kind of distance.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened to this Powerhouse Milan team that was going to put 50+ points on the scoreboard?

I can't wait to hear the Milan fans excuses.

No excuses! Milan just didn't play like Milan can. They came in too cocky thinking they already had the game in the bag. And on a normal night, they may have. But last night was no ordnary night. (I also talked to Coach Morris before the game, and he said the boys had had an attitude all week. I'd bet money that won't be there this week!)

It wasn't just our guys, it was our fans as well. I was so VERY disappointed to arrive at the stadium, and look across Bob Parkins Field and see more BLUE then Purple on our own home turf. Then to recieve a call from a friend in Huntingdon asking me why there was so much purple there???? I was discusted with our so-called "faithful". We still had a crucial game on our hands and they opted to go watch who we MIGHT play next week. I wonder what they would have done had they not had to worry about the Nov. 21st game because the Dawgs lost?? Anyway off my soap-box now.

Milan didn't DESERVE this win...they didn't play like a 2nd round play-off team. But either way...Milan got the 'W', and advances. They'll have to show up with their "A" game back on next week.

I really hope to see the Milan fans actually come to the MILAN game Friday!!

It wasn't just our guys, it was our fans as well. I was so VERY disappointed to arrive at the stadium, and look across Bob Parkins Field and see more BLUE then Purple on our own home turf. Then to recieve a call from a friend in Huntingdon asking me why there was so much purple there???? I was discusted with our so-called "faithful". We still had a crucial game on our hands and they opted to go watch who we MIGHT play next week. I wonder what they would have done had they not had to worry about the Nov. 21st game because the Dawgs lost?? Anyway off my soap-box now.

I really hope to see the Milan fans actually come to the MILAN game Friday!!

If Milan had lost, I would have been depressed for a week and then I would have supported Westveiw at home Next week. Had I known the Milan game would be as close as it was, obviously I would have been there. But nobody, including yourself, thought it would be very close. I will be in my usual seat in Milan next week, and if we win, I'll be there the next, and if we win, I'll be at the Boro in December. Don't question my fanhood.

But nobody, including yourself, thought it would be very close. I will be in my usual seat in Milan next week, and if we win, I'll be there the next, and if we win, I'll be at the Boro in December. Don't question my fanhood.

Nope I sure didn't think it would be THAT close. But at least I was there! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> LoL

I wasn't questioning the fanhood. I know where your true heart lies....I mean he did say there was alot of PURPLE there! At least you went clad appropriately! And it obviously wasn't just you! We could have seen past u know 10-15 fans...but over HALF??? That was just uncalled for IMO. I mean there was more silver showin (bleachers), than purple! Honestly I think there were more Charger fans there than Milan. And that's bad when you have home field advantage.

Oh well in the past now....

I still ya anyway Dynasty!

See ya Friday!

seems like the bad weather always affects the favored team when you think it's gonna be a blowout. all i can say is WHEW!!!!!!!!

He was out of range. They would have had to have made at least one more play. Where he was, it would have been a 48 yarder. He has a great leg, but that would have been alot to ask kicking into the wind on a soaked field from that kind of distance.

And it wasn't the weather that affected Milan. It was Westview that affected Milan. I been around high school football for 17 years and last night I saw Westview play a COMPLETE game.

The turnovers were not "give me" turnovers. They were earned take-a-ways.

And Hyuntae could have made a 48 yarder. I have faith in him.

Don't water-down what happened on that field last night because the results weren't what most thought they should be. Wonderfully fought game. Both teams worked hard last night. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

And it wasn't the weather that affected Milan. It was Westview that affected Milan. I been around high school football for 17 years and last night I saw Westview play a COMPLETE game.

The turnovers were not "give me" turnovers. They were earned take-a-ways.

And Hyuntae could have made a 48 yarder. I have faith in him.

Don't water-down what happened on that field last night because the results weren't what most thought they should be. Wonderfully fought game. Both teams worked hard last night. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Game is over. Can't sit on here another week and talk and how Westview almost beat Milan. Move on

I find it hilarious that Westview fans, and others, are laughing at Milan because Martin lost by 3.

That tells you the state of the two programs and how great the Bulldogs are.

You say Martin played a complete game? If you call Martin's offensive performance a complete game, then you need to go watch football for another 17 years.

Milan turned the ball over not once, not twice, not thrice, but four times and still won. Teams that are minus 4 in the T/O dept. don't win, yet Milan did.

Milan must be the greatest team ever if Martin played a complete game, Milan loses the turnover battle by 4, and Milan still wins.

Hey, you got your moral victory now go watch some Lady Charger Basketball!

I find it hilarious that Westview fans, and others, are laughing at Milan because Martin lost by 3.

You say Martin played a complete game? If you call Martin's offensive performance a complete game, then you need to go watch football for another 17 years.

Milan turned the ball over not once, not twice, not thrice, but four times and still won. Teams that are minus 4 in the T/O dept. don't win, yet Milan did.

Milan must be the greatest team ever if Martin played a complete game, Milan loses the turnover battle by 4, and Milan still wins.

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> The Guru says......There are NO moral victorys in football....ever. A win is a win. A loss is A loss. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Game is over. Can't sit on here another week and talk and how Westview almost beat Milan. Move on

If you win by 3 or by 500 it don't really matter, you still got beat!! I hear the basketball fourm calling Westview!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I find it hilarious that Westview fans, and others, are laughing at Milan because Martin lost by 3. That tells you the state of the two programs and how great the Bulldogs are. You say Martin played a complete game? If you call Martin's offensive performance a complete game, then you need to go watch football for another 17 years. Milan turned the ball over not once, not twice, not thrice, but four times and still won. Teams that are minus 4 in the T/O dept. don't win, yet Milan did. Milan must be the greatest team ever if Martin played a complete game, Milan loses the turnover battle by 4, and Milan still wins. Hey, you got your moral victory now go watch some Lady Charger Basketball!

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> The Guru says......There are NO moral victorys in football....ever. A win is a win. A loss is A loss. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

This should help ... http://www.abcteach.com/directory/reading_comprehension/

I don't whine. Cheese costs too much.

Like I said, Don't water-down what happened on that field last night because the results weren't what most(either Milan or Westview) thought they should be. Wonderfully fought game. Both teams worked hard last night. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I will be praying for Milan this week. Jesus loves you.

of course Milan football is the best just ask them