Westview at Milan

Guest nwtnsports

i hope it inspires gilbert to play harder. as fast as he got out of the gates at the first of the season, his numbers have dropped off big time since the USJ game. I don't think the O-line has played as well either. not sure why. not taking anything away from Gilbert. He is a great player...but stats speak for themselves.

I disagree about stats but if you are looking at the stats then you will notice his carries have gone down considerably. He has had turf toe and we have enjoyed a large lead early in every game since JCS. No need to get him injured if were up by 28 in the second quarter. I don't think he has given any less effort or been less effective. Luke Jackson and/or Casey Barnes, the starting tackles and two best linemen on a thin line have missed every game since USJ. Also teams are really stackin the box but we've got a darn good QB and set of receivers.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope he will handle it by understanding that true team players play for the name on the front of the jersey, and not the name that would be on the back. "Snub" may be your personal opinion about the nominations, but it isn't very respectful to the three guys who were finalists.

Well after the great year(not over yet) that he and his team have had he and his oline may take it personally as a snub and use it as motivation and go get something to show for it. I don't think anything about that is selfish. And everything I've seen this season and heard from players would indicate that he is a quiet leader and has a great work ethic. I noticed after he scored the TD last week, he got up congratulated his Oline then sprinted off the field. Nothing in my post was intended or appereared as if I was disrespecting one of the other student athletes. Having said this I wouldn't trade Mr. Gilbert for anyone.

I hope he will handle it by understanding that true team players play for the name on the front of the jersey, and not the name that would be on the back. "Snub" may be your personal opinion about the nominations, but it isn't very respectful to the three guys who were finalists.

it wasnt very respectful to gilbert to leave him out im not saying he should have won it but to not even be considered come on lewis county got a nom and they played no-one!!!!!!!

Biggest snub since charles woodson won the heisman over peyton manning. How Gilbert wasn't a finalist ill never know. Lewis Co???? Good grief. They needed more icing for that cupcake schedule.

it wasnt very respectful to gilbert to leave him out im not saying he should have won it but to not even be considered come on lewis county got a nom and they played no-one!!!!!!!

Wow, how disrespectful to our player. Way to represent a normally classy fanbase guys. Great job this year Mr. Gilbert, you had a great year and I'm sure you will be a nominee next year.

Wow, how disrespectful to our player. Way to represent a normally classy fanbase guys. Great job this year Mr. Gilbert, you had a great year and I'm sure you will be a nominee next year.

again i say i wasnt saying he should win they are all great backs iv seen bc and ive done my homework on ur guy hes very derserving of it my point was how can they not even consider gilbert i think u misunderstood what i meant personally i think ur guy should win it but thats just by what ive been told and what the stats say and i have a friend that has seen him play

again i say i wasnt saying he should win they are all great backs iv seen bc and ive done my homework on ur guy hes very derserving of it my point was how can they not even consider gilbert i think u misunderstood what i meant personally i think ur guy should win it but thats just by what ive been told and what the stats say and i have a friend that has seen him play

Your argument was that we played noone (coachT strength of schedule ratings have us at 46 and you all at 50) so our guy didn't deserve it. I'm sorry I misunderstood your post.

Your argument was that we played noone (coachT strength of schedule ratings have us at 46 and you all at 50) so our guy didn't deserve it. I'm sorry I misunderstood your post.

know i just looked at it a few min ago lol sry but like i said i did not in no means say he wasnt deserving very similar sos my beef was that he wasnt considered not that he aint winning ow well maybe we can see both head to head in a few weeks would be alot diff semi game that whats been the past few yrs

know i just looked at it a few min ago lol sry but like i said i did not in no means say he wasnt deserving very similar sos my beef was that he wasnt considered not that he aint winning ow well maybe we can see both head to head in a few weeks would be alot diff semi game that whats been the past few yrs

Gilbert should have been considered, that is a travesty. I said that when I heard the announcement, however, I don't know if I could in good conscience take anyone else off the list. And as far as us playing in a couple weeks, we have ALOT of work to do before we can worry about that, but it sure would be nice - nowhere like Johnnie Hale on the night after Thanksgiving. Good luck to the Dawgs (not that you will need it this week IMO)

Guest nwtnsports

Got it, LCHS. Thanks for your class. Best of luck to the Panthers, as well. I'm very disappointed in some of these Milan posts. Crowell and Cunningham are both seniors, and they have had an outstanding year. Overbey is just a sophomore, but he led the state in passing yards and passing touchdowns this season. Congrats to these three guys.

But all is not lost. Bulldog fans, remember 2003. Terrance Bell from Huntingdon didn't get a nomination. It really didn't bother him that much. He and the Mustangs went on to win the state title, and Bell set a championship game record for rushing yards and touchdowns scored.

I don't know Gilbert, but I'm sure he is a great young man. Certainly didn't mean to imply anything else in my earlier post. It's just that, if a player were to use this as motivation, it can go two ways - try my best to help OUR team win or get MY carries, yards and touchdowns.

Gilbert should have been considered, that is a travesty. I said that when I heard the announcement, however, I don't know if I could in good conscience take anyone else off the list. And as far as us playing in a couple weeks, we have ALOT of work to do before we can worry about that, but it sure would be nice - nowhere like Johnnie Hale on the night after Thanksgiving. Good luck to the Dawgs (not that you will need it this week IMO)

Is there a set number of nominees? For him to be included, would someone else have to not be? I agree that with a clear consious none of the others could be taken off the list, yet not many conversations about High School football in West Tennessee did not have this kid's name mentioned at least once. Rediculous.

Is there a set number of nominees? For him to be included, would someone else have to not be? I agree that with a clear consious none of the others could be taken off the list, yet not many conversations about High School football in West Tennessee did not have this kid's name mentioned at least once. Rediculous.

Yes, there are only three finalists for back, and three for lineman in each classification.

In my opinion.....which has no baring at all usually....I think these type awards should be reserved for seniors only.

Here's why:

This is high school football. You can't leave early to join a draft, so really what's the point of gaining an award 3 years? If you're good enough to win 3 years, you don't need that award to say so. So because you only get 4 years to play, 3 on Varsity for the most part, these awards should be reserved for Seniors. But that's my opinion.

Call it a 'snub' if you wish, but I'm sure Mr. Gilbert has enough class to brush it off. We don't need a nomination to tell us how good he is. Jobronski is a TEAM player, you can tell that on the sidelines.

In fact, it's not even been mentioned around MHS. The 'Dawgs are focusing on Westview and that's all.