MBA @ MUS

3yardsandacloudofdust

I have been picking MUS to win this one since mid-October. However, MBA has dominated their opponents since their bye week and they look like they are on a mission.

Despite remaining undefeated, MUS struggled against BGA in the 1st half. Briarcrest and CBHS were manhandled by BA and MBA respectively.

I am beginning to wonder if the West has what it takes to beat an elite E/M team.

MBA has to go to Memphis to win this one. They went to Cincinnati and beat Moeller and I think that experience will benefit them here.

I am wavering and might flip-flop before Friday.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been picking MUS to win this one since mid-October. However, MBA has dominated their opponents since their bye week and they look like they are on a mission.

Despite remaining undefeated, MUS struggled against BGA in the 1st half. Briarcrest and CBHS were manhandled by BA and MBA respectively.

I am beginning to wonder if the West has what it takes to beat an elite E/M team.

MBA has to go to Memphis to win this one. They went to Cincinnati and beat Moeller and I think that experience will benefit them here.

Judging from the boxscore, it doesn't appear the MUS struggled that much vs BGA. The MBA announcers gave the score as 14-14 at one point, but it appears that it was 21-7 and BGA scored on a fumble recovery and KO return to keep it close (for a while) thereafter.

Judging from the boxscore, it doesn't appear the MUS struggled that much vs BGA. The MBA announcers gave the score as 14-14 at one point, but it appears that it was 21-7 and BGA scored on a fumble recovery and KO return to keep it close (for a while) thereafter.

It wasn't the struggle that everyone on here seems to think it was, but if it helps lull the MBA guys into a false sense of security, that's a plus. MUS lost two fumbles on punt receptions, but once the offense got a chance to spend a little time on the field, they dominated. MUS put some new numbers and names in the record books last night.

3yards.. MUS definately manhandled briarcrest a little bit more than BA did.. MUS put up i think 35 points in the 1st quarter against them and that a lot better than BA did in the first half. so i definately think MUS is capable of beating the middle TN teams.

It wasn't the struggle that everyone on here seems to think it was, but if it helps lull the MBA guys into a false sense of security, that's a plus. MUS lost two fumbles on punt receptions, but once the offense got a chance to spend a little time on the field, they dominated. MUS put some new numbers and names in the record books last night.

If you can win despite one fumbled punt, you have a pretty good team. That's usually a game killer.

MUS won the state title in 2004 and 2005 so it is a little curious why they are considered the "underdogs" to win it. MUS beat Olive Branch who needs no introduction. The Commercial Appeal is the only place that has given MUS any credit. This should be a great game though. I believe it is at least the 4th time MBA and MUS have met in the semis in the last 8 years so there should be a lot of familiarity.

If the QB for MUS can take care of the ball they will win. His name is Barry Brunetti and he will be one of the top recruits in the country next year as an athlete. He is pretty much superman except he is prone to making some pretty poor decisions. MUS uses him very similar to Vince Young in running the zone read about 25 % of their plays.

MUS won the state title in 2004 and 2005 so it is a little curious why they are considered the "underdogs" to win it. MUS beat Olive Branch who needs no introduction. The Commercial Appeal is the only place that has given MUS any credit. This should be a great game though. I believe it is at least the 4th time MBA and MUS have met in the semis in the last 8 years so there should be a lot of familiarity.

If past state titles are an indicator of who would be considered the underdog in this year's matchup, then wouldn't one think MBA's six DII titles - and one more recently (2007) than MUS's (2004-2005) - are more relevant? With that said, past titles are irrelevant. Different years, different teams.

I don't know who is considering MUS the underdog in this matchup. MUS hosts MBA. MUS is undefeated. MUS has won four in a row versus MBA and is the only DII-AA school to have a winning record versus MBA. If any team is the underdog, it is MBA.

This will be the fourth semifinal meeting between the two schools since the beginning of DII in 1997. In 1997, MBA used a blocked FG to spark the team and avenge a 14-11 regular season loss, winning 24-7 at MUS. MBA did the same in 2002, avenging a regular season loss to MUS by winning 20-14 in Memphis. MUS won a 10-7 semifinal mathchup in 2004, following up on a regular season win versus MBA en route to its first DII title.

Should be a great game.

If past state titles are an indicator of who would be considered the underdog in this year's matchup, then wouldn't one think MBA's six DII titles - and one more recently (2007) than MUS's (2004-2005) - are more relevant? With that said, past titles are irrelevant. Different years, different teams.

I don't know who is considering MUS the underdog in this matchup. MUS hosts MBA. MUS is undefeated. MUS has won four in a row versus MBA and is the only DII-AA school to have a winning record versus MBA. If any team is the underdog, it is MBA.

This will be the fourth semifinal meeting between the two schools since the beginning of DII in 1997. In 1997, MBA used a blocked FG to spark the team and avenge a 14-11 regular season loss, winning 24-7 at MUS. MBA did the same in 2002, avenging a regular season loss to MUS by winning 20-14 in Memphis. MUS won a 10-7 semifinal mathchup in 2004, following up on a regular season win versus MBA en route to its first DII title.

Should be a great game.

Prediction: MUS wins.

--------------------------------------------------

If anybody beats MUS this year, then that's one very SPECIAL team!