MBA @ MUS

3yardsandacloudofdust

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't have to be objective, just sensible and gentlemanly, which you've been. I personally don't hold it against you that you'll be pulling for the Unwashed. And I hope you have a great day Friday, with the exception of a small hiccupp in the evening, say from about 7-9:30 PM.

I would love to get up there for this (I weighed the possibility, but I have a work commitment on Friday evening). I suspect it will be a great game, and I hear the MUS facility is very impressive.

I had to log back in to correct a misimpression...considering that I'm a mom, I'd prefer to be called "ladylike". And yes, the MUS facility is very impressive.

We have certainly struggled with MUS over the past several years. They are always well coached and talented. Tough game for us; very exciting middle versus west match-up.

This is actually a great D2 final 4. Certainly the three best resumes since the beginning of D2 (MBA, MUS, BA) and of course the "up start" team in Bellevue. Ricky coaching against BA is a great storyline. If Flatt were on the sidelines, you just know that BA would figure out a way to get it done.

This is great football; without a doubt the best couple of games you will find anywhere in the state.

I had to log back in to correct a misimpression...considering that I'm a mom, I'd prefer to be called "ladylike". And yes, the MUS facility is very impressive.

My deepest apologies; your posts have been lady-like. I'm male, and my first name is Kelly, so I am familiar with misunderstandings of this sort.

BTW, your son will leave home someday, so you're not really obligated to pull for MUS. Join us on the Dark Side.

MUS won the state title in 2004 and 2005 so it is a little curious why they are considered the "underdogs" to win it. MUS beat Olive Branch who needs no introduction. The Commercial Appeal is the only place that has given MUS any credit. This should be a great game though. I believe it is at least the 4th time MBA and MUS have met in the semis in the last 8 years so there should be a lot of familiarity.

If the QB for MUS can take care of the ball they will win. His name is Barry Brunetti and he will be one of the top recruits in the country next year as an athlete. He is pretty much superman except he is prone to making some pretty poor decisions. MUS uses him very similar to Vince Young in running the zone read about 25 % of their plays.

I saw Barry Brunetti & Co at the National Select 7-on-7 at Hoover this summer. He will be a coveted recruit next year, no doubt. You are a seasoned football spectator to see weaknesses in his game! MUS' win over Olive Branch was big (though not unexpected in my mind) and helped them get some props from some national media (doesn't necessarily mean much, but some of them are very knowledgable and insightful). I'd look for Barry to respond very well to being put in the spotlight and asked to make decisions on the field - he will get better every week. Rivals has him on the top 250 watch list for next year's class, for good reason.

IMO, this game is the championship game. MBA's advantage, if any, is the momentum they are riding over the past 3 weeks or so. Other than that, this game is a dead heat to me. I think MUS pulls it out in a pretty close one, but it could easily go either way.

If I didn't have a great Prattville vs. Opelika game to see this weekend, I'd make the trip to Memphis just to see this one. Best of luck to both teams!!

MBA in a 22-21 win sounds reasonable to me. I'm willing to accept the result, and we can all have a quiet Friday night in. Does this sound ok to the MUS folks?

No. This prediction does NOT sound ok to me!

------------------------------------------------------

Take nothing away from once-beaten MBA, they've obviously played very well this year...and against good competition. I just think that MBAs "favorite" status is moreso a reflection of their victory over the traditional Ohio power, Archbishop Moeller. That victory gave them more clout, on a National scale. Thus, they're given the edge over MUS.

MUS is undefeated, playing at home and has played a very tough schedule, in their own right! Yet, since they have not beaten any National, "traditional Powerhouses" from a " Powerhouse State," then their victories apparently don't carry as much clout, in the views of these so-called "expert" prognosticators (sp?).

In otherwords, MUS does not get as much respect as does a MBA. Instead, MUS' victories get an instant and sizeable discount!"

I say, "hogwash!" All this Ficticious National rankings / "Powerhouse" status crap means absolutely nothing, at the end of the day!

MUS has a great team. They've got a stellar resume. Just because their opponents are not Nationally known and/or from the so-called Powerhouse States, does not mean that they were poor quality, inferior teams. Great football is played everywhere....Yes, even in Memphis Tennessee and Mississippi!

The last time I checked, no State had been granted exclusive rights to "great football."

Bottom line: MUS should be FAVORED to win this game. Furthermore, they deserve a whole lot more respect than they're getting. Sure, I know it's only one point; that's one point too much, as far as I'm concerned! It's an absolute insult.

----------------------------------------------------------

Prediction: MUS 24 --- MBA 17